Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

Galvetyce

Obi-Wan Kenobi- one of the most pathetic jedi i have seen in all Star Wars franchise in terms of prowess.He has his Soresu and thats it.The ''Choosen one'' was drunk with the dark side and not knowing what he was doing in the Mustafar accident.
Please, elaborate. Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoda- no arguments there.

Ki-Adi-Mundi-killed by a few clone troopers... nuff said. ... ok it was a surprise but still...

Kit Fisto- had problems vs Asajj Ventress which is a joke..General Grievous,not even a force user.A jedi master of great skill as you ppl describe him should not boast that he killed a cyborg,even if he is a famous jedi killer.

Obi-Wan Kenobi- one of the most pathetic jedi i have seen in all Star Wars franchise in terms of prowess.He has his Soresu and thats it.The ''Choosen one'' was drunk with the dark side and not knowing what he was doing in the Mustafar accident.

Cin Drallig and Plo Kloon,powerful in their own right,still not impressive as the jedi of the Old Republic.

Ki-Adi Mundi fared a whole lot better than most Jedi. His heightened reflexes allowed him to fight back, but it wasn't enough. Overwhelming firepower was too much. Of course that would happen to most Jedi.

If you understood Shii-Cho, you would know that Ventress' use of Makashi was too much for Fisto. Makashi being the scissors to Shii-Cho's paper.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was a great Jedi. One of the most skilled swordsmen in the Order, and a very powerful Jedi Master. At least read up on him before saying such things.

If you are talking feats, then you would be correct. Of course feats aren't indicative of power and skill.

Still don't know why you think that by mentioning a few force abilities along with a few lightsaber forms you will make them look amazing.Mastering a few force abilities and forms is a must,bare mininum,after all they are jedi masters.As all jedi in that era they don't struck me as ''powerful''.They are just not impressive.

Understand that those mentioned above were the best in their chosen form. Yoda mastered Ataru to the highest extent. Mace Windu could be considered an equal swordsman to Yoda (having defeated Darth Sidious). Obi-Wan was THE Soresu Master. Anakin Skywalker was THE master of Djem So.

I believe the reason they aren't impressive to you is because they don't go around killing hundreds of Sith and blowing up giant space stations. Does one need to do that in order to be great? Does someone need to fight in wars for their entire life to be considered great?

Edited by Aurbere

If you are talking feats, then you would be correct. Of course feats aren't indicative of power and skill.
Only because there was not a influx of Sith Lords roaming the galaxy for the Jedi to prove themselves against.

And concerning Ki-Adi Mundi, he was also underfire from the battle droids behind him.

Edited by Beniboybling

This is a joke. Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of the most powerful jedi that has always followed the jedi code except the one moment when he killed Darth Maul in TPM. From that point on he has followed the jedi code not letting the weakness of the Sith Code to get to him. It is difficult to resist the darkside and Obi-Wan proved strong enough to resist the darkside. He is obviously strong in the force, he defeated the fallen Chosen one and what are you talking about drunk? Wheres the source? Lol, your funny.

Only because there was not a influx of Sith Lords roaming the galaxy for the Jedi to prove themselves against.

And concerning Ki-Adi Mundi, he was also underfire from the battle droids behind him.

True for both accounts. What's funny is that the PT Order would destroy an army of Sith. Yoda had been preparing them for another war with the Sith. The Grand Plan was the only way for Sidious to overcome the Jedi Order, making their skills and numbers null and void through superior planning.

Edit: The PT Order gets so under-rated because of Order 66. But no one seems to understand the circumstances surrounding it. They only see what is right in front of them, not caring to look in-depth (;))

Edited by Aurbere

This is a joke. Obi-Wan Kenobi is one of the most powerful jedi that has always followed the jedi code except the one moment when he killed Darth Maul in TPM. From that point on he has followed the jedi code not letting the weakness of the Sith Code to get to him. It is difficult to resist the darkside and Obi-Wan proved strong enough to resist the darkside. He is obviously strong in the force, he defeated the fallen Chosen one and what are you talking about drunk?

As i said i am talking about prowess ,in all other aspects Obi-wan is cool.

Concerning Anakin.He was just converted to the Dark Side,had little experience with it,which made him dangerously overconfident.As in the case with Maul ,Obi-wan was the inferior opponent,but his calm and focus led him to victory.

I can't belive i have to explain this to you,if you are on this site,you are supposed to dig deeper on this subject,and not write as a random guy that watched the movies.

Edited by Kaedusz

Well to be clear, Anakin was....'drunk' with power as is said, the darkside clouding his judgment and all that with the fatal jump on Mustafar. But other then that, Anakin eventually would have worn Obi-Wan down because really...while Obi-Wan's form was to wear down the opponent and have them make a mistake....Anakin just seemed to bullrush him and not let up at all, it was more of Anakin's judgement that got in the way rather then getting tired out.

Its not proof but a quote related to our context. :)

''Master Kenobi, you disappoint me. Yoda holds you in such high esteem''

Of course this was said by Count Dooku, who was Obi-Wan's superior in all areas, and using Dun Moch. Plus this was way before Obi-Wan's prime.

Lets see:

Inferior to maul even without his legs.

Inferior to Anakin.

Defeated 2 times by Dooku,would be dead if not for Anakin.

For a jedi master of great renown he had huge problems vs a cyborg,not even a force user.

Had huge problems vs a bounty hunter.

Not an impressive resume.

yes he is a cool guy,serving the light,following the code,exemplary jedi,ect,ect. and thats why ''Yoda holds him in hight esteem''.

As above mentioned he is great and all that,but in terms of prowess,and raw power,not impressive.

Anyways.. this is going too much off topic i think.

Edited by Kaedusz

Lets see:

Inferior to maul even without his legs.

Inferior to Anakin.

Defeated 2 times by Dooku,would be dead if not for Anakin.

For a jedi master of great renown he had huge problems vs a cyborg,not even a force user.

Had huge problems vs a bounty hunter.

Not an impressive resume.

yes he is a cool guy,serving the light,following the code,exemplary jedi,ect,ect. and thats why ''Yoda as him in hight esteem''.

As above mentioned he is great and all that,but in terms of prowess,and raw power,not impressive.

Anyways.. this is going too much off topic i think.

Maul's use of the agressive Juyo form is an obvious advantage over Soresu, however, in their second fight we see Obi-Wan fare much better than their first battle (in TCW).

Yeah, inferior to the Chosen One. Not seeing a problem.

Dooku being THE Makashi Master, having more knowledge and experience, and using Dun Moch (first encounter).

As I recall, Obi-Wan owned Grievous in the first few seconds. It wasn't until Obi-Wan was disarmed that Grievous gained the upper hand, which was quickly lost thanks to Kenobi's quick thinking.

An indestructable Gen'Dai. Most Jedi would have trouble with him, seing as how he is indestructable.

Off topic? Yes, but you sell Kenobi short.

OK, let's bring this back on topic. Sidious wins. We can remove the G-canon statements, we can remove the sourcebooks, and he will still be superior to Malgus. You don't need George, Chee or sourcebooks (DE sourcebook, New Essential Chronology etc) to tell you that. Just look at what he can do.

Force Storms that rip apart fleets and create wormholes.

Master of the seven lightsaber forms.

Believed to know every single Force power (light or dark).

Most powerful Force lightning ever (bending lightsabers and incinerating people in seconds).

Force Flight.

Sith Alchemy.

And the list goes on.

Need feats? Here's one for you: He... defeated... Luke Skywalker.

Edit: Plus, Sidious just looks cooler. I prefer the simplistic dress code of the movies (Vader being the exception), and Sidious looked awesome in those robes.

Edited by Aurbere

I love Malgus. He is one of my favorite Star Wars characters. But he is not in the same class as Sideous. The canon makes that pretty clear. Sideous is the most powerful Sith ever.

I don't love the EU canon. The prequel-era Jedi and the post-ROTJ Jedi get way too overpowered. Every author of a new book has to create a ZOMG THIS GUY IS ABLE TO DESTROY PLANETS WITH A DIRTY LOOK charactger. But much as it annoys me, it is there until it is changed.

Not sure where the Obi wan hate comes from. The master of Soresu who defeated Anakin at the end of Revenge of the Sith was not the same Obi wan from the earlier movies. He has perfected Soresu to a point that he is almost invinceable.

Also not following how you can throw EU canon out the window in arguing for Malgus and then cite it to back up your argument that Obi wan wasn't very good. As far as EU canon goes, the Clone Wars stuff is the absolute worst and needs to be retconned into oblivion ASAP.

Force Storms that rip apart fleets and create wormholes.
That is just silly...

Highly doubt that he could conjure such a thing in a midle of a fight being busy though.

same way plagueis couldnt manipulate his adversary midichlorians during a fight. It would take too much concentration and time.

Not feasable. But whataver.

Its one of those powers like battle meditation or grand scale ilusions that needs preparing time and plenty of focus. Like a sorceror or wizard would in any fantastic world.

Edited by Spartanik

And here we are again... even Han Solo could beat that "Darth Sidious". It's every thing about the so called "situation" even Darth Malgus can beat Sidious. Let me quote from Drew Karpyshyn FAQ:

"Who’s stronger – Darth Bane, Darth Revan or Darth Vader?

It’s a tie. Seriously, I can’t answer this. First, it’s not really up to me to make that kind of call. Second, it really depends on the situation. You can probably find rule books for various Star Wars role-playing games that will give you stats allowing you to compare relative strength. But from an artistic and dramatic standpoint, this kind of question has no “right” answer. Each character has strengths and weaknesses, and they grow and change as their stories progress. On any given day, at any given time, under any given circumstance anyone can win or lose. That’s what dramatic conflict is all about."

And that you all should keep in mind. Malgus have potential to defeat someone like Sidious. AND when you compare someone to Sidious apprenticies (like Maulwho was beaten by Sidious) remember that: He never ever ever thaught every thing to any of them!!! SO none of them could earn their full potential.

Edit: Dooku could beat Obi-Wan, Anakin could beat Dooku, Obi-Wan could beat Anakin... just so you can think about it again. (and Obi-Wan losed not once against Dooku).

Same for the Sith Emperor VS Darth Sidious Thread.

Edited by pbajnokl

Bringing the fact in mind, Han only killed Sidious because he was fighting against two jedi knights and was shot in the back(and being the most lucky SOB in the galaxy). Also that quote is rather...strange, because the feats and canon seem to point otherwise. I'd think I would take feats/canon over a quote. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Bringing the fact in mind, Han only killed Sidious because he was fighting against two jedi knights and was shot in the back. Also that quote is rather...strange, because the feats and canon seem to point otherwise. I'd think I would take feats/canon over a quote.

Plus Drew doesn't hold the same authority that Chee and Lucas do. Really, the only weight an author's word has is in books. Their words hold no bearing on anything in canon unless it is signed off by Leland Chee.

So tell me, what does Malgus have that Sidious doesn't?

Edited by Aurbere

Yet doesnt make his words any less true or enlightening. Whataver canon is, because it defeats the very porpuse of storytelling.

Its not feats and powers that matter. At all.

Fail to realize this shows lack of intelectual clarity. In my humble opinion.

So tell me, what does Malgus have that Sidious doesn't?
whataver sidious or malgus can bring to the table it doesnt matter As pointed out sidious was shot while being busy fighting other 2 jedi. If he can be shot in the back then he can be stabed in the back by a malgus lightsaber.

But if you realy want to bring hard canon to the table, even with that you can only assume situations, and evertime you do you must need to assume that Malgus as character can at least have the potencial to hold him off or even defeat him. And vice versa. Its not because drew says so, or George orn Chee its because its the very nature of dramatic story telling.

Its realy what if scenarios. Thats why i avoid to take sides in this kinda tópics because its pointless.

(and being the most lucky SOB in the galaxy)
You know very well there is no luck. It was the will of the force all along. :D Edited by Spartanik

Plus Drew doesn't hold the same authority that Chee and Lucas do. Really, the only weight an author's word has is in books. Their words hold no bearing on anything in canon unless it is signed off by Leland Chee.

Yes, he has the same authority. That's why Lucas didn't deleted that Revan could use both side of the force in the book, or in the game and that's why that Maul is a Dathomir warrior instead of an Iridonian and that's why twileks are now able to give birth to human babes... or hibrids or what's those. Becouse Lucas and every one else could change their minds... especially Lucas, watch the old movies again and those blu-rays now.

No offense, but this thread is a joke. For those of you who dont believe Sidious is the strongest sith (due to the movies or not taking GL statements or what not) i recommend reading "Dark Empire" which should clear up any doubt regarding Sidious being the most powerful (if it doesnt then youve just either proven yourself biased or need to catch up on your SW lore).

Malgus isnt even in the top15 when it comes to sith lords, (Darth Jadus and Emperor Vitiate sith from his own time period are both canonically confirmed to be stronger than Malgus). The only sith that is guaranteed to beat Sidious is Darth Nihilus and its not because Nihilus is stronger. Its because hes a living black hole that consumes all life touched by the force with only 3 canonically confirmed individuals with either a defense against or have survived his sever force/drain.

Since Malgus isnt a black hole or a force god like Abeloth or the celestials, Sidious wins easily.

No offense, but this thread is a joke. For those of you who dont believe Sidious is the strongest sith (due to the movies or not taking GL statements or what not) i recommend reading "Dark Empire" which should clear up any doubt regarding Sidious being the most powerful (if it doesnt then youve just either proven yourself biased or need to catch up on your SW lore).

Malgus isnt even in the top15 when it comes to sith lords, (Darth Jadus and Emperor Vitiate sith from his own time period are both canonically confirmed to be stronger than Malgus). The only sith that is guaranteed to beat Sidious is Darth Nihilus and its not because Nihilus is stronger. Its because hes a living black hole that consumes all life touched by the force with only 3 canonically confirmed individuals with either a defense against or have survived his sever force/drain.

Since Malgus isnt a black hole or a force god like Abeloth or the celestials, Sidious wins easily.

That is your conclusion and i respect it. However Him being the strongest, doesnt mean he can always win againsnt anyone at any given time.

Edited by Spartanik