Warzone Chat bug?

Celwinn

• Dev Post

Hi Celwinn,

This is certainly interesting behavior! When making bug reports, so that we can investigate properly, please be sure to provide as many details as possible.

For those experiencing this, here are some questions that will help in looking into it:

Did this just begin today? With 2.2.1?

Does this happen to you in every Warzone?

Does it happen when doing any other switching of instances (such as entering a Flashpoint)?

Are you able to correct the issue with a UI reset (CTRL+ U twice)?

Thanks for any additional details you can provide!

Hi Celwinn,

This is certainly interesting behavior! When making bug reports, so that we can investigate properly, please be sure to provide as many details as possible.

For those experiencing this, here are some questions that will help in looking into it:

Does it happen when doing any other switching of instances (such as entering a Flashpoint)?

LOL! This bug (ops chat on wz and group chat after wz) is old as mamont sh... :D But you have just found it? :confused:

edit: lol this is new bug?

nvrmnd, reading is hard.

:rolleyes: Shame on me...

Edited by Glower

OP, did you perchance rename your character and then load into the warzone?

i renamed my sniper, then did a warzone and experienced the same bug you are talking about; i could not see Ops chat, and was still seeing General chat from the fleet. i do think i could type into it, since while guarding a node i was still spamming "inc east" and my teammates did come to back me up. but i just couldnt see any of it.

once i quit the game and logged back in, it seemed to work fine. did about 10 warzones last night without it re-occurring.

Been around for a long time. Normally hitting control U twice corrects it but sometimes it doesnt and this has happened recently. When you have such a clunky game engine this crap happens and because its PvP/Warzone related, it goes to the bottom of the Buy-o-ware pile.

Hi Celwinn,

Hey Amber,

Guess it's been around awhile, but I just noticed it today, so it's not pertinent to 2.2.1.

Happened in 2 Warzones, until someone mentioned the UI reset fix. After that, it was fixed. I didn't have a chance to try it out in a Flashpoint/Ops group though.

As another user said, It did happen after I renamed my Warrior. Maybe a correlation between the two? Or just coincidence?

Edited by Celwinn

i have this for as long as i can remember, like early 2012. It happens like once or twice a day, and ctrl-u twice does fix it.

Ditto. It does not happen a lot but I hardly even notice when it happens it has been going on so long. I just do ctrl-u crtl-u and get on with things.

Has happened to me several times. CTRL + U(x2) works to fix it, but it's still an annoyance. This happens to me randomly, and no, I haven't renamed a character. Possible two bugs here, one linked to Character Renames, and the other not.

• 2 months later...