Concerns About Players Being Suspended

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I made a post about this here but I know it will lose visibility off the front page. I have no information right now but we are actively investigating your reports. I may not have an update tonight but I will post information as soon as as I have it. In the meantime, please refrain from making new threads on the topic as they will be deleted. Remember that discussion of action being taken against players, exploits, etc. is against the forum rules.

Thanks everyone, I will get you more information as soon as I can!

-eric

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice to know i get banned for doming something i have been doing since legacy weapons first joined the game... what for 6 months it was ok but now with collections its not?

i can feel an unsub coming on

I appreciate the effort, but this is something that needs to be taken care of much sooner rather than later.

And telling us not to post more threads on a subject that is clearly upsetting multiple people is not the tactic to take, nor is 'reminding' players they can be banned for discussing a topic that is affecting them, their friends, and their guilds. All this is doing is making people even more upset and leading to more people leaving the game.

Soo, I'm at a loss here, apparently the issue is using the collections to copy a crystal that you have and then using legacy weapons to send to another character is an exploit? Pretty sure that's WHAT LEGACY WEAPONS WERE DESIGNED TO DO. Normally I'm not one of these lets freak out and demand recompense for stupid little things such as server down time or patches that take too long or bugs that take content out of commission for awhile however with this I feel that people have been singled out. Not acceptable.

It really feels like this is the result of adding collections to the game--which has the potential to increase the profitability of the Cartel Shop.

I completely understand that this is a business, but the mechanics should have been changed and players should have been told the change was upcoming. Warnings--not bans--should have been given. We should have been told in advance.

This is bad business practice. And yes, I do feel an unsub coming on if this is not resolved much sooner rather than later and if those affected by yet another truly horrid decision are not compensated. Honestly, this is beyond mismanagement.

Soo, I'm at a loss here, apparently the issue is using the collections to copy a crystal that you have and then using legacy weapons to send to another character is an exploit? Pretty sure that's WHAT LEGACY WEAPONS WERE DESIGNED TO DO. Normally I'm not one of these lets freak out and demand recompense for stupid little things such as server down time or patches that take too long or bugs that take content out of commission for awhile however with this I feel that people have been singled out. Not acceptable.

Thats not what the issue was. If you've paid attention to recent patch notes you should figure it out pretty quick.

It really feels like this is the result of adding collections to the game--which has the potential to increase the profitability of the Cartel Shop.

I completely understand that this is a business, but the mechanics should have been changed and players should have been told the change was upcoming. Warnings--not bans--should have been given. We should have been told in advance.

This is bad business practice. And yes, I do feel an unsub coming on if this is not resolved much sooner rather than later and if those affected by yet another truly horrid decision are not compensated. Honestly, this is beyond mismanagement.

Bioware takes the stance of not advertising what people did to get banned. Those who got banned take advantage of this can claim to be the innocent victim. It happens in every MMO. While I wasn't a fan of Guildwars 2 I admit they had it right when they posted a thread daring people who'd gotten bans/suspensions to call them out. Then they took that as permission to post publically exactly what they did. It really shut people up fast.

Thats not what the issue was. If you've paid attention to recent patch notes you should figure it out pretty quick.

White Color Crystals can no longer be Reverse Engineered.

I don't think hundreds of players had 1.1.5s to reverse engineer ;)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Someone clear this up for me please:

- I have several pair of crystals as I have a sentinel main

- Once collection was introduced I tested that I can get the crystals back so I have destroyed the ones I don't currently use

- Now if I were to take them back and mail it over to an alt I could get banned???

If this is the case, I have to ask what the heck is wrong with these people? Not one person came up with this possible problem before hand???

Bioware takes the stance of not advertising what people did to get banned. Those who got banned take advantage of this can claim to be the innocent victim. It happens in every MMO. While I wasn't a fan of Guildwars 2 I admit they had it right when they posted a thread daring people who'd gotten bans/suspensions to call them out. Then they took that as permission to post publically exactly what they did. It really shut people up fast.

Yeh. I remember that. Making cheap stuff and reversing it for expensive materials which were then sold for an actual in-game currency profits. It was an issue as GEMS (cartel coin equivalent) could be bought for in-game monies.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The issue appears to be more likely linked to spawning multiple copies of cartel market color crystals. Assuming people have been truthful in them saying that was all they did(No transfer or anything.). One of my fellow Guildees said that was all he did and he got the ban. So that seems to be the common denominator here, it could have been more than one, or more than two. We don't have enough information to know. But the ban is far reaching, and quite possibly unintended given how many people it had affected. Edited by Calabask

The problem was that you could then vendor the crystal for credits. copy crystal...then sell...repeat. do you see the problem now?

You missed the rather large threads regarding these bans that were deleted,

Hundreds of suspensions. Some for merely duping crystals, others for mailing duped crystals to alts though legacy.

Others had no idea why. Nobody knows for sure what is going on, but it's not as simple as what your post claims it to be.

Edited by Samoth_Nomad

You missed the rather large threads regarding these bans that were deleted,

Hundreds of suspensions. Some for merely duping crystals, others for mailing duped crystals to alts though legacy.

Others had no idea why. Nobody knows for sure what is going on, but it's not as simple as what your post claims it to be.

People lie. They get caught doing something they aren't suppose to and they know Bioware isn't going to publically call them out on it, so they lie. They think if they create an uproar, or convince the public they didnt't do anything wrong, bioware will back down. If you know somwone who got banned, ask them what they did. If it doesnt sound like a bannable offense, then ask them what they really did.

As a side note I'm sure some folks who were truely innocent got caught in this ban. It happens when theres big sweeping ones. But they are in the minority, and they'll be back soon enough.

People lie. They get caught doing something they aren't suppose to and they know Bioware isn't going to publically call them out on it, so they lie.

I am not lying! T_T Considering how much I love this game, how much time I spent here and that I was literally crying, I can't sleep and I keep hitting refresh button on here and my mailbox for the last 4 hours, with my eyes all red - players like me would never do intentional exploits! If I was a cheater I'd get pissed at getting caught and moved on! I won't sleep now! I got severe asperger's and this is world. I'd never want to risk my existence in the world i've always dreamed about. I won't sleep now. Thank you bioware for this wonderful evening! I had an ultimately clear standing with the game, always afraid of doing exploit-like things. And suddenly this.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

People lie. They get caught doing something they aren't suppose to and they know Bioware isn't going to publically call them out on it, so they lie. They think if they create an uproar, or convince the public they didnt't do anything wrong, bioware will back down. If you know somwone who got banned, ask them what they did. If it doesnt sound like a bannable offense, then ask them what they really did.

As a side note I'm sure some folks who were truely innocent got caught in this ban. It happens when theres big sweeping ones. But they are in the minority, and they'll be back soon enough.

While I agree that there are people who try to cause a ruckus in order to get out of it, I totally wish Bioware would put all of my logs out for people to see because I did jack crap to exploit the game. The only possible thing I can think of that would lump me in with making money off of crystals is reverse engineering all of the black/red/blue/purple crystals that were removed with 2.0 from the Columi/Rakata gear and crafting them/selling them on the GTN as was made intentional by Bioware. Otherwise as I had already previously posted, I did send two White Hawkeye (yes I know thats the big crystal in question) to my sentinal from my tank guardian for use via legacy weapons (which is the intended use of legacy weapons). No shady sales of duped crystals or any kind of crap that would clearly get you banned.

While I agree that there are people who try to cause a ruckus in order to get out of it, I totally wish Bioware would put all of my logs out for people to see because I did jack crap to exploit the game. The only possible thing I can think of that would lump me in with making money off of crystals is reverse engineering all of the black/red/blue/purple crystals that were removed with 2.0 from the Columi/Rakata gear and crafting them/selling them on the GTN as was made intentional by Bioware. Otherwise as I had already previously posted, I did send two White Hawkeye (yes I know thats the big crystal in question) to my sentinal from my tank guardian for use via legacy weapons (which is the intended use of legacy weapons). No shady sales of duped crystals or any kind of crap that would clearly get you banned.

What about people requesting crystal recovery after 2.0? I am totally sure some people did try to get extra crystals after failed r/e attempts. Remember when we could not get schematics and they offered refunds? Also we have already clarified that reverse-engineering player made item is not a violation of any kind.

OMG why isn't this thread locked -_- any comment here actually involved discussion of the topic...................

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

The problem was that you could then vendor the crystal for credits. copy crystal...then sell...repeat. do you see the problem now?

Yes, The problem i see is that the developers hadn’t tested it before farming it out to us and it’s bit them in the ***. If the game allows me to do it then so be it. I’m not going to second guess everything every time a patch comes out. It’s possibly costing them cartel coins & they’re miffed. You can just imagine the buck passing, witch-hunting and finger pointing that’s going on at bioware at the moment. The departmental meetings they’re having at this present time must be gold.

Edited by Lominia

No. It's obviously an exploit when u can get something for free or really cheaply and then turn it in somewhere in the gain to make really big profits. That's how gw2 devs justified the perma bans shortly after the game's release. I did not make any big profits by using xploits.

"Hey, look at what I just picked up!"

"Oh, what is it?"

"An apple"

"An apple, really, wow, that sure looks nice and plump and ready to eat"

"Well, I will sell it to you for 1500 cartel coins"

"Oh man, awesome, thanks"

1 year later

"Hey, do you still have that apple I sold you last year?"

"Umm, no, I ate it"

"WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO EAT WHAT YOU PAID FOR???!??!??!"

The issue is that people who didn't partake in the exploit are getting banned as well. To top matters off there's absolutely no recourse for these people, no one for them to talk to to get things fixed.

I know a few players who are in this position who are loyal players since beta, never un-subbed, Cartel Coin buyers, who have put up with & adapted to every piece of crap BioWare has thrown at us. Now they are seriously considering leaving the game & they would likely take a number of their friends with them.

BioWare's blunders are becoming more & more frequent & more & more severe.

Edited by Ka-Shem

I am not lying! T_T Considering how much I love this game, how much time I spent here and that I was literally crying, I can't sleep and I keep hitting refresh button on here and my mailbox for the last 4 hours, with my eyes all red - players like me would never do intentional exploits! If I was a cheater I'd get pissed at getting caught and moved on! I won't sleep now! I got severe asperger's and this is world. I'd never want to risk my existence in the world i've always dreamed about. I won't sleep now. Thank you bioware for this wonderful evening! I had an ultimately clear standing with the game, always afraid of doing exploit-like things. And suddenly this.

Let me get this straight. You claim you are not a cheater.

You admit that you have a character who has a cartel crystal in his collection and that you did not buy the unlock to create multiple copies on other characters. You created at least one copy of this crystal, sent it to an alt who does NOT have that crystal in their collection, and therefore cannot create free copies, since the character with the crystal in his collection now possesses the crystal which the alt had prior to 2.1.

How is creating free copies of crystals for characters who do not have them in their collection and then using legacy weapons to send them to those alts, thus bypassing having to spend those CC's to purchase the collection unlock not cheating? This is made worse by the fact that you also freely admit that you have at least 5 unbound white hawkeye crystals that you could have sent to that alt, and in so doing, avoid the situation in which you now find yourself.

Let me get this straight. You claim you are not a cheater.

You admit that you have a character who has a cartel crystal in his collection and that you did not buy the unlock to create multiple copies on other characters. You created at least one copy of this crystal, sent it to an alt who does NOT have that crystal in their collection, and therefore cannot create free copies, since the character with the crystal in his collection now possesses the crystal which the alt had prior to 2.1.

How is creating free copies of crystals for characters who do not have them in their collection and then using legacy weapons to send them to those alts, thus bypassing having to spend those CC's to purchase the collection unlock not cheating? This is made worse by the fact that you also freely admit that you have at least 5 unbound white hawkeye crystals that you could have sent to that alt, and in so doing, avoid the situation in which you now find yourself.

So, he has a BOUND crystal on one character that he can replicate via his collection and instead of unlocking it via cartel coins on another character uses a method which EVERYONE has been using to send BOUND crystals/mods/enhancements via LEGACY items to their other chars and people are getting perma-banned for it?

What the hell did BW think was going to happen when they introduced all this? It's not an exploit, it's using a process everyone has been using since legacy was introduced to send BOUND items between legacy characters. A process which BW implemented themselves.

This is BW banning people for the own f u c k up in not thinking about this method of moving items around after they bought in the new collections.

IMO they should be unbanning anyone they've been banned, giving them a free month and then patching the game to prevent this as they clearly don't want it to happen.