Snoke is Darth Plagueis the Wise

Zidovain

How interesting indeed. Sidious has a face not even a mother can love :D

But ofcourse the conception might have occured prior to his deformity, still you make a good point.

I wonder if they do anything cloning related in the new movies. Because in the EU legends the Sidious clone was a pretty big event. Though they werent critically well recieved cloning in general is a recurring theme in SW imo.

This is really out there, but Rey being a female Skywalker clone of either Luke or Anakin would be pretty cool in my honest opinion, definitely a different unexpected take. And she looks the part at least and it would fit that she is a Skywalker but it would provide a twist in that she isn't exactly Luke's daughter. But totally unlikely.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sad Lucas chickened out with the JarJar as villain idea, this actually would fix this character, everything would make sense

i think Snoke is someone new to us, or at least not someone that was relevant at the times of the previous 6 movies.

ive read both Plagueis and Jar Jar theories, both seem interesting but still highly unlikely they would go this way with the script - its too complex for them and they like to dum dum things down :p

Hasn't it been said that the Star Wars movies, for this set of movies anyway, was about the Skywalker family? So there could be many theories that go along with this regarding Rey or Snoke. Maybe it's not about the Skywalker's anymore. Who knows?

Possible theories:

Snoke is Vader reborn

Snoke is Vitiate in another vessel (He said himself that he was no longer Sith and he has evolved past that becoming one with the force and bouncing from vessel to vessel.)

Rey is Luke's long lost daughter

Rey was created the same way Anakin was, but by who...?

Mace Windu's grandson is...:eek:

Here is what I've dug up from multiple outlets, take it for what it is, but.I am assuming some may know this rumor already.

I've heard from multiple outlets who do rumor reporting that Snoke isn't someone we've met in the current universe. However, Snoke's biggest power is that he can consume the Force, very similar to Vitiate or Nihilus. IF so, I hate the fact that we can't just bring those characters into the universe as they are, or just create new characters with new abilities. It's taking the easy way out IMO.

Disney's been taking the easy way out for a while with the new canon. Very few references to Legends, they either don't want to tie their writers down or are displeased with the baggage that comes with some of the Legends lore.

Edited by Eli_Porter

im sad Lucas chickened out with the JarJar as villain idea, this actually would fix this character, everything would make sense

i think Snoke is someone new to us, or at least not someone that was relevant at the times of the previous 6 movies.

ive read both Plagueis and Jar Jar theories, both seem interesting but still highly unlikely they would go this way with the script - its too complex for them and they like to dum dum things down :p

Read the Aftermath trilogy. There is a short story within it where we realize Jar Jar's fate.

He becomes a spectacle for children to laugh at - AKA a birthday party clown. He realizes what he did and is ashamed of himself for being so easily duped. He was never the villain, just an easy mark that Sidious took full advantage of.

Snoke is not Plagueis either. The First Order is born of a remnant of the Galactic Empire (again based on the Aftermath books). Snoke is more likely the leader of that remnant.

Rian Johnson has ruined, forever, the Snoke character, unless JJ saves the day for IX

Are you kidding, he did it masterfully.

Snookie is just the same as Rey and Kylo, a nobody who won the Force-lottery and decided to play the part of the villain. As Kylo is a wannabe Vader, Snookie is a wannabe Palpatine, a con-man who cowed a bunch of ignorants and thought he could master the "dark side" without truly knowing what that meant.

People... just because he was killed in the movie doesn't mean we won't get an origin story about him... or heck, who says he's dead-dead? Palpatine returned a gazillion times from death in EU continuity, maybe Snoke can pull something off to save himself from death. Or it was all intended just like Valkorion planned his death above Zakuul in Chapter 1.

I am absolutely convinced we'll be getting a novel sometime in 2018 titled "Snoke", just like we had with Tarkin and Thrawn. And take an example from the Tarkin novel, just because the character is dead doesn't mean we won't get new content about them.

People... just because he was killed in the movie doesn't mean we won't get an origin story about him... or heck, who says he's dead-dead? Palpatine returned a gazillion times from death in EU continuity, maybe Snoke can pull something off to save himself from death. Or it was all intended just like Valkorion planned his death above Zakuul in Chapter 1.

I am absolutely convinced we'll be getting a novel sometime in 2018 titled "Snoke", just like we had with Tarkin and Thrawn. And take an example from the Tarkin novel, just because the character is dead doesn't mean we won't get new content about them.

That or, you know... He'd planned on dying all along and he was just playing his part to usher in the rise of Kylo Ren.

Because even though he seems certain of his path, the movie made it clear that Ben is still as unstable as before. And who started him on this path? Yup, Snoke. So even if Kylo remains Kylo and doesn't go back to being Ben (And whether he dies or not), Snoke will cast a posthumous shadow over Episode IX.

Remember how pointless Qui-Gon Jin was when he did in Episode I and never mattered again? Yeah, me neither.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are TWO interestingly similar yet conflicting THEORIES about Snoke

One or neither might appeal more to you but either way these are interesting. Gives me "false" hope that there is more to Snoke than his unappealing death.

OR

Dont have any issue with Snoke dying in Ep 8, it was a good move and certinately an unexpected and exciting one.

But the lack of any background or exposition is just silly. We're talking an extremly powerful evil Force user who (presumably) have coesixted with Sidious and the Empire for decades yet did absolutely nothing because reasons. The handling of this makes Sonke look only more like a thoughtless rehash of things/characters already done in OT.

Even Vitiate/Valkorion appears more developed than Snoke, and I consider the TOR's Emperor to be an extremly thinly written villain...

Edited by Pietrastor

Dont have any issue with Snoke dying in Ep 8, it was a good move and certinately an unexpected and exciting one.

But the lack of any background or exposition is just silly. We're talking an extremly powerful evil Force user who (presumably) have coesixted with Sidious and the Empire for decades yet did absolutely nothing because reasons. The handling of this makes Sonke look only more like a thoughtless rehash of things/characters already done in OT.

Even Vitiate/Valkorion appears more developed than Snoke, and I consider the TOR's Emperor to be an extremly thinly written villain...

Well no we didn't get more backstory from Valkorion. Not until DEEP into SWTOR that's after Kotor 1 and 2 and the Revan novel.

Remember in the OT we didn't even learn the Emperor's real name let alone anything else about him. The SW movies themselves haven't ever really been the place for exposistion dumps. That's what the books and games are for.

Are you kidding, he did it masterfully.

Snookie is just the same as Rey and Kylo, a nobody who won the Force-lottery and decided to play the part of the villain. As Kylo is a wannabe Vader, Snookie is a wannabe Palpatine, a con-man who cowed a bunch of ignorants and thought he could master the "dark side" without truly knowing what that meant.

That's exactly how I see it. Palpatine fanboi.