Beating a dead horse...

OpeningToEndgame

My first match of the day and what do I get 6 fully geared Smash monkies and 2 Slingers. It's absurd. No matter how geared and good you are. You can't defend 6 people leaping in and smashing all at once. Plus being rooted in place by Slingers. I'm not saying Smash is OP. I'm saying SIX smashes at once is. There needs to be more balance in the force Bioware.

My first match of the day and what do I get 6 fully geared Smash monkies and 2 Slingers. It's absurd. No matter how geared and good you are. You can't defend 6 people leaping in and smashing all at once. Plus being rooted in place by Slingers. I'm not saying Smash is OP. I'm saying SIX smashes at once is. There needs to be more balance in the force Bioware.

Sorry buddy but PvP will always be over saturated by smashers and slingers unless the devs of this game grow some brains and stop playing favorites with classes. Until than :( PvP will be nothing more than a smash/opheal/snipers game.

This is what happens to an MMO when devs play favorites and the bioware devs have to be the worst offenders when it comes to playing favorites.

Sorry buddy but PvP will always be over saturated by smashers and slingers unless the devs of this game grow some brains and stop playing favorites with classes. Until than :( PvP will be nothing more than a smash/opheal/snipers game.

This is what happens to an MMO when devs play favorites and the bioware devs have to be the worst offenders when it comes to playing favorites.

It's not about favoritism. It's about the environments that BW are balancing the classes around. They're balancing them around regs. I have little to no issues on any classes in regular warzones, and I actually think that the balance is good there.

When it comes to competitive play, however, things change. People stack mechanics which were not intended to be stacked. But BW doesn't seem to care for balance in competitive play at the moment. At least don't care enough to balance it properly.

It's not about favoritism. It's about the environments that BW are balancing the classes around. They're balancing them around regs. I have little to no issues on any classes in regular warzones, and I actually think that the balance is good there.

When it comes to competitive play, however, things change. People stack mechanics which were not intended to be stacked. But BW doesn't seem to care for balance in competitive play at the moment. At least don't care enough to balance it properly.

Agreed buff smashers/snipers

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

First off they had NO healers... How did you lose again?

1-Use your healers to... HEAL.

2-Use TAUNTS on those guys before they smash. If you don't know when they will do that and can't keep track of who used it and when then its LTP. No idea what class you are but i am sure you had people with taunt in your group. Then again most people don't use taunt as they don't see damage number on it (stupid i know).

3-Use GUARD on that guy getting focused. You know how much damage they do to a target that is guarded and they are taunted? Yeah not that much..

4-Don't all stand in 1 place... Obviously right?

5-Use CC's and snares. Obviously right?

I asure you a team of 2 ops healers + 2 tanks + 4 random DPS (fully geared and with skill) are going to ANIHILATE the team you said up there. In case you don't get what this last sentence is about... Its about the fact that aprently you think nobody can defened vs those 6 nasty smash monkeys jumping at you...

You got clearly outplayed. Simple as that.

Considering PoT5 is East Coast that sounds good. I just don't have the money to transfer. From what I understand a lot of peopel migrated to The Bastion from POT5 and Harbinger? Not really sure if that's just someone on my server talking out their arse, but I have seen a lot of new players.

As for l2p. If you're all going for the objective and 6 people leap in and smash all at once. It's gg. You're not going to react quick enough. They're all fully geared and hit for 9k a piece.

First off they had NO healers... How did you lose again?

1-Use your healers to... HEAL.

2-Use TAUNTS on those guys before they smash. If you don't know when they will do that and can't keep track of who used it and when then its LTP. No idea what class you are but i am sure you had people with taunt in your group. Then again most people don't use taunt as they don't see damage number on it (stupid i know).

3-Use GUARD on that guy getting focused. You know how much damage they do to a target that is guarded and they are taunted? Yeah not that much..

4-Don't all stand in 1 place... Obviously right?

5-Use CC's and snares. Obviously right?

I asure you a team of 2 ops healers + 2 tanks + 4 random DPS (fully geared and with skill) are going to ANIHILATE the team you said up there. In case you don't get what this last sentence is about... Its about the fact that aprently you think nobody can defened vs those 6 nasty smash monkeys jumping at you...

You got clearly outplayed. Simple as that.

No healer, no matter how geared, out heals 3 coordinated smashers, much less 3 smashers plus a couple of slingers. If all 3 smashers land at the same time, that is roughly 10k each on up to 3 targets in about 1 gcd. I don't know what spell your healers got that can heal 90k in 1gcd, but I want it.

Smash isnt more powerful than any other spec in the game, ESPECIALLY pyro pts.

The problem is that smash players have already mastered their class, so the assumption that the class is better is just a perception problem.

Also note that the only thing THE MARAUDER can do is DPS, because they arent a ranged class like the vanguard and its a know fact that they cannot heal to full.

No healer, no matter how geared, out heals 3 coordinated smashers, much less 3 smashers plus a couple of slingers. If all 3 smashers land at the same time, that is roughly 10k each on up to 3 targets in about 1 gcd. I don't know what spell your healers got that can heal 90k in 1gcd, but I want it.

Yes, if it's 5v1, the team with 5 wins. Do you have a point? And no, they aren't all hitting for roughly 10k. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Edited by Savej

The problem is that smash players have already mastered their class, so the assumption that the class is better is just a perception problem.

Also note that the only thing THE MARAUDER can do is DPS, because they arent a ranged class like the vanguard and its a know fact that they cannot heal to full.

I play a pyro PT. Can I please have some undying rage? How about force camo? Saber ward? Obfuscate?

I'll trade you for my defensive cool-downs: shield and the terrible kolto overload heal - the one that leaves me in execute range.

I know! Maybe I'm just stupid and I have a perception problem. Derp derp derp!

Are you serious? The only way this would work is if the rest of your team are just sitting there... Again taunt, guard, mez, intervene, split off... Then guess what happends after the first wave? Yeah they go down as there is no way this guys can take down a team with healers (assuming equal skill and gear) and some gurd on said healers... Then people to peel off said smashers and this is going really fast really bad for said team...

Now imagine those 3 smashers (the ones from your post) are leaping to another guardian (focus probably...) as he is up in front and most people do that... That guardian is going to have defensive CD's on him, getting healed and the rest of the team taunting those 3 smashers... All i can say is GL with it.

Thing is smash is easy to play but assuming the other team are good enough they CAN counter them... The only curent problem with them is having 2 smash mara + ops healer + tank in arena... But the given scenario from OP? No way.

I play a pyro PT. Can I please have some undying rage? How about force camo? Saber ward? Obfuscate?

I'll trade you for my defensive cool-downs: shield and the terrible kolto overload heal - the one that leaves me in execute range.

I know! Maybe I'm just stupid and I have a perception problem. Derp derp derp!

You don't really need all of those things... Just revert the stupid change from 2.0.

Edited by Xanas

Just join them, apparently they will be safe from class adjustments for the next couple of months anyways. It is only a week or two to reach 55 and you can get the first tier PvP gear quickly enough. Maybe when the vast majority of their player base is made up of the same archtypes, Bioware will take notice.

Why don't you heal2full and make them pay?

clearly you should LoS them, heal to full, then make them pay

but more to the point, if all the dps are focus firing it doesn't really matter what class they are, they will burn down players.....that being said that leaves the other 7 people on your team to do something....

Smash is also "easy to play, hard to master class" lol

Really your average smashmonkey mob will devastate most noob groups. Against a decent group they won't hurt nearly as bad because out of their big hit every 12 seconds (which is most consistently 6k when taunted properly) they aren't very strong.

Now let's assume the healer is guarded by a competent tank, and the healer has a base resist of 15% (uses a warzone adrenal or basically any defense buff in the game). Every smasher hits a base value of 9k, very high. Now subtract 15% or 9000 - 1350 = 7650 x 6 = 45900 dmg. Ouch that hurts, but the tank takes half so 22,950 damage to the tank and healer. For a pair of operative healers that gets recovered in no time. And the smashers all just blew their one big move.

So 6 smashers all synchronized can demolish one target every 12 seconds at best and be mostly useless after that.

Best counter for smashmob? Sin/shadow tank with sage/sorc heals. Overload throws them out of the smash range and tank and healer can alternate knockbacks completely breaking their synchronization.

Scouperative healer can roll out of smashmobs. It's hilarious.

Mando healer haz knockbacks too! And impairment immunity after making it easy to survive the initial burst if you have some team support.

But assuming your healer just stands there and get synchrosmashed, they still only killed one guy in 12 seconds as long as the other 7 guys weren't standing on the healer.

L2p?

that.

Tonight I'm going to log on my PT and make my enemies pay with my awesome 30m Ranged skills.

clearly you should LoS them, heal to full, then make them pay

I usually try to L2P before I LoS, however, the PT is an easy class to play but hard to master.