Patch 1.1 ATI Framerate / Input Lag Fix

Lavagasm

I was having extremely low FPS (8-10) when first playing this patch. What I did to fix the FPS and the input lag was go to the Catalyst Control Center > Graphics > 3D I went through all the setting and made sure every one that I could change said to use the application settings. And anything else was set to performance over quality. Now my SWTOR is getting my usual 80-100FPS. Hopefully this helps.

Every single patch that alters performance I head to my nvidia control center and make adjustments ... and each and every patch I bring back my performance back to smooth as glass levels.

The issue with nearly every single complaint on this forum about performance is due to:

PEBKAC

If you can't learn to use your PC ... stop playing pc games.

Edited by Tamanous

Every single patch that alters performance I head to my nvidia control center and make adjustments ... and each and every patch I bring back my performance back to smooth as glass levels.

The issue with nearly every single complaint on this forum about performance is due to:

PEBKAC

Not really, the game is bugged

Smooth as glass levels you say ?

Go to a warzone and record a video (fraps) with a framerate counter.

Then post it.

Have you tried jiggling your settings? I found that the patch turned all my settings up to high even though the screen was still showing them at where they were pre-patch. I had to change them all, apply, then change them back to where i wanted them, before things got better.

This fixed the performance issues i was having post patch.

I noticed the problem when i realized i was seeing grass when i normally have grass disabled.

PEBKAC

while it's always helpful to know these things, you shouldn't .have. to know them to enjoy the game. fact is that lots of people have several different problems with running it smoothly.

I for example still have significant fps drops but since using a few tricks I at least no longer get stuck for a few 1/100 sec because of them dropping from 60fps to 3-6 fps. now they drop from 80fps to 30fps...:rolleyes:

Smooth as glass levels you say ?

Go to a warzone and record a video (fraps) with a framerate counter.

Then post it.

its also smooth for me in warzones...not a single lagg..

only on the fleet at peak times its sometimes a bit jerky ..but just at start