2.0 Sage PVE Healing Build

sithlordmauler

The only thing I would do differently (personal preference) would be to take one point from pain bearer and put it into master speed. To me, that utility of a longer force speed as well as the potential to use two force speeds in fairly quick succession is something I would value over a bit more healing received.

The only thing I would do differently (personal preference) would be to take one point from pain bearer and put it into master speed. To me, that utility of a longer force speed as well as the potential to use two force speeds in fairly quick succession is something I would value over a bit more healing received.

I was thinking the same.

Healing received is extremely important for a sage healer, because it affects your force regeneration. It is far more important than a better force speed.

Healing received is extremely important for a sage healer, because it affects your force regeneration. It is far more important than a better force speed.

I'm curious what your source for this this information is. This is the first time I've seen anyone say that healing received can affect force regen. I'll admit, I don't scour the internet for every little tip or trick...so it's entirely possible I missed it somewhere. This isn't a troll or attack...I'd just like to learn more about how it affects it.

I'm curious what your source for this this information is. This is the first time I've seen anyone say that healing received can affect force regen. I'll admit, I don't scour the internet for every little tip or trick...so it's entirely possible I missed it somewhere. This isn't a troll or attack...I'd just like to learn more about how it affects it.

It does, indirectly. I'm going to use sorc terms here, because I don't have a sage. Sorcs regenerate force through consumption, which actually harms themselves. They get more force regen having higher healing received, because it means they can heal themselves up faster not only meaning they can spend more time healing other players, but also meaning they can use consumption even more.

It does, indirectly. I'm going to use sorc terms here, because I don't have a sage. Sorcs regenerate force through consumption, which actually harms themselves. They get more force regen having higher healing received, because it means they can heal themselves up faster not only meaning they can spend more time healing other players, but also meaning they can use consumption even more.

Ok, that makes sense. It's an indirect advantage. I was thinking you meant there was a direct link.

I actually would have to agree with you then because Force Regen is way more important than a little extra speed.

Thanks for responding.

Edited by Nireos

I don't see any justification for two points in Psychic Suffusion for PVE. Force Wave is a skill of extremely questionable utility in PVE to begin with, and the healing is strictly inferior to actually using a heaing ability.

Standardised PVE will be this, with the last point going where you prefer. Personally, I'll throw it into Concentration for DPS phases.

I don't see any justification for two points in Psychic Suffusion for PVE. Force Wave is a skill of extremely questionable utility in PVE to begin with, and the healing is strictly inferior to actually using a heaing ability.

Standardised PVE will be this, with the last point going where you prefer. Personally, I'll throw it into Concentration for DPS phases.

Well for me I use it like this....

Do my heal rotation. At that point I should have the proc for Noble Sac. Cast that and get my force back. Now cast Force Wave (a 0 FP, Instant cast) and heal the health I lost from Noble Sac. Now I am 100% FP and 100% health again. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Nireos

Do my heal rotation. At that point I should have the proc for Noble Sac. Cast that and get my force back. Now cast Force Wave (a 0 FP, Instant cast) and heal the health I lost from Noble Sac. Now I am 100% FP and 100% health again. Rinse and repeat.

The issue therein is opportunity costs. In the GCD you used for Force Wave you'd be better served waiting for a larger health deficit to heal with Force Mend or dropping Salvation to heal other people and regen your health for "free".

This is presuming your goal is to maximise healing output, of course.

Edited by Aurojiin

I have points in Psychic Suffusion, use it pretty much on cd to do a bit of damage and heals for free (do not do it on trash without immunity unless up against a wall). Even if nobody is near I use it as an alternative to Force Mend.

I also took the point from Amnesty to Master Speed, I never have the regen debuff but use Force Speed all the time. I tend to use 1 stack on NS and 2 stacks on Salvation and even if I need instant Salvation I just use 3 on Salvation and then like 2-3 NS's in a row.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

Respectfully disagree. Instead of treating it as a knockback, you can treat it as an extra instant cast / zero cost AOE heal. Whenever the group needs to stack for AOE, drop a salvation, then force wave. Hitting even 5 - 6 people for about 1 - 1.5k instant cast heal is quite a large number. Its like an aoe heal which can be used on the move.

My sage is still L50, so YMMV at L55.

Edit: To clarify, this is for bosses only. For trash fight, Humility might not be a bad option. Humility might also be good for boss fights with cc-able enemies. For example, 1st part of Oasis City Infiltration looks brilliant looks ideal for Humility.

Edited by TripleMe

Well if your in a 16man raid and manage to hit the whole raid which is not hard with lets say have normal half crits thats roughly a 38k instant heal that cost no force.

Well if your in a 16man raid and manage to hit the whole raid which is not hard with lets say have normal half crits thats roughly a 38k instant heal that cost no force.

Really? Hitting 15 other people who need healing with Force Wave and getting a 50% crit rate is "not hard" in a typical raid scenario?

Edited by Aurojiin

I think the only time that is going to happen is on Snowblind.

But I still have 2 points in Psychic Suffusion, for these reasons.

1) It's a a little bit of passive extra healing when I'm kiting something. Not much ~ but I've already seen it make a difference.

2) If you frequently use the KB to interrupt channeled damage, it will pretty well top your health back up after taking the first tick or two from such an ability.

3) The extra crit from Penetrating Light doesn't contribute to my playstyle, because I already use the conveyance proc to boost the crit rate of HT.

It certainly has much more utility in PvP, or solo PvE, than it does in group PvE content.

So this is quite viable for PvP as well?

I prefer this for PvP. Yeah I'd like to take more healing for myself, but in reality the other abilities serve me much better:

I wouldn't consider that spec viable for pvp. I'd go with something more like:

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/jedi-sage/224/?build=232010212122120201220230131001000023000000000000000000000000000000020000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

I'm also debating dropping Life Ward for Confound, although the passive healing while under barrier can be nice, it's a lot of points to invest for a 3 min ability that lasts 10 sec, and if your bubble is staying on you for long periods of time, odds are you don't need the miniscule healing it provides. Whereas snaring someone with your dot has the potential to save you significant incoming dmg all the time. I think I just talked myself into it :). Strictly speaking PvP here; I can see where bubbling yourself for a little passive healing might be preferred vs. taking your healing focus away from another player in PvE

Edited by pyradius

Aurojin,any guide on the stats priority for 2.0 seer PVE healing? do power/crit/surge still on top, now that alacrity being buffed now in the xpac?

Thanks.

Does anyone know a source for this information? Any place to find reliable stat priority for 2.0 healing Sage/Sorcs?

Thanks!!!

If you guys can hold out for a little longer I'm going to rewrite my healing guide this weekend and dig through the math (work's busy, and my spare time has been spent actually levelling - not early access).

At this point I'm spitballing around 200 crit rating, Willpower augments still, and Alacrity > Surge, although not by an extreme amount.

If you guys can hold out for a little longer I'm going to rewrite my healing guide this weekend and dig through the math (work's busy, and my spare time has been spent actually levelling - not early access).

At this point I'm spitballing around 200 crit rating, Willpower augments still, and Alacrity > Surge, although not by an extreme amount.

That would be excellent! Thanks so much. Mind posting a link here on this thread when you have the time to put that together? =)

Thanks again!

Thank you good sir! We'll be waiting for your guide soon!

Right now im rolling with 23% crit chance unbuff,around 70% surge, 5.58% alacrity,around 857 bonus healing and running the old willpower augments.

Can't really remember the exact number stats on my toon,need to check it out again. :D