Marauder smash changes 2.0

JP_Legatus

Marauder:

now has free force scream in smash, previously only for juggs

now has less health used undying rage

now only needs 3 stacks to get a full 2x damage smash crit

and the nerf:

now gets +15% crit damage to everything instead of +30% crit damage to just smash

force choke no longer adds stacks of shockwave

discuss

Edited by JP_Legatus

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marauder:

now has lower cd on undying rage, and less health used

and the nerf:

now gets +15% crit damage to everything instead of +30% crit damage to just smash

discuss

You missed one. "Stasis no longer builds stacks" should be in the nerf column.

Marauder:

and the nerf:

discuss

Rage was a AOE tree and that's it. Everyone screamed nerf nerf. They nerfed the damage on smash.

They gave these people a chance in fighting by increasing crit. So what ?

and this:

You missed one. "Stasis no longer builds stacks" should be in the nerf column.
Edited by znihilist
spelling

Marauder:

and the nerf:

discuss

You should also reword the crit mutiplier statement. 30% was on all Force attacks. Scream is a powerful force attack, but the funny part is, they made both AC's more deadly now, and the "Smash" nerf amounts to little when you are still hitting people for around 4-5k... Easily still one of the best burst attacks in the game, AOE or not. and now MS/RAV VS/SLA get a buff?

We are being seriousinged.....:eek:

You should also reword the crit mutiplier statement. 30% was on all Force attacks. Scream is a powerful force attack, but the funny part is, they made both AC's more deadly now, and the "Smash" nerf amounts to little when you are still hitting people for around 4-5k... Easily still one of the best burst attacks in the game, AOE or not. and now MS/RAV VS/SLA get a buff?

We are being seriousinged.....:eek:

And don't forget they get a 9% damage buff on all attacks for 6 seconds after using smash.

They always had this.

And -25% hp used when activating gbtf doesn't make any sense, as you are still only using it when having low hp.

They could just make so that you can only use it if your hp is above lets say 25% or 35% of their life or at some other higher percentage, which effectively forces sentinels or maras to use use it early or lose the ability to use it. Thus, you remove the ability for them to use it at low health, then maras and sentinels get the hp penalty for using it or can't use it if they fall below that required hp percentage.

Edited by Knockerz

I like it personally. The sweeps themselves will do a tad less damage with the nerf to Force Crit multiplier. Making Force Exhaustion the only source of stacks would be a mistake as it would severely gut the class.

I do laugh at the stasis CD reduction talent in the tree now that stasis no longer grants stacks.

They could just make so that you can only use it if your hp is above lets say 25% or 35% of their life or at some other higher percentage, which effectively forces sentinels or maras to use use it early or lose the ability to use it. Thus, you remove the ability for them to use it at low health, then maras and sentinels get the hp penalty for using it or can't use it if they fall below that required hp percentage.

Or have it take the percentage based off your max hp instead of your current hp

I like it personally. The sweeps themselves will do a tad less damage with the nerf to Force Crit multiplier. Making Force Exhaustion the only source of stacks would be a mistake as it would severely gut the class.

I do laugh at the stasis CD reduction talent in the tree now that stasis no longer grants stacks.

There used to be a talent that reduced cd on stasis way back.

I'm pretty mad that a mara's focus tree is so much better than the guardians though. Where they get a significant lower cd on UR and inc damage red, guardians get lol 2 less focus cost on FD. That **** should be free.

Edited by Smashbrother

They won't nerf Sents/Mars because they have already forced the majority of PvPers to be one. It is bad business to piss off the majority of your player base.

This.

What buff did did sorcs get on pvp ? 0 =) They dont care cause no one plays sorcs anymore.

So a hard hitting auto crit aoe and the best defensive cooldowns are justified because of the lack of a hard stun?

:rolleyes:?

Yes.

You can stunlock me for 4 or more seconds, I need a high burst to compensate the time I'm stunned.. I have no crowd control so I can not stop you, you are dpsing me all the time. This is why marauders has more than 2 defensive cooldowns.

There's so many times when I don't have my cc breaker up, I die for a 8sec stunlock..

Yes.

You can stunlock me for 4 or more seconds, I need a high burst to compensate the time I'm stunned.. I have no crowd control so I can not stop you, you are dpsing me all the time. This is why marauders has more than 2 defensive cooldowns.

There's so many times when I don't have my cc breaker up, I die for a 8sec stunlock..

Tired of the misuse of the term stun lock. 4 sec stun lock? Really?

In Wow getting stun locked meant upwards of 20+ sec of no action.

I also despise when ppl say stun when they are in a cc breakable by dmg.

Marauder:

now has less health used undying rage

and the nerf:

force choke no longer adds stacks of shockwave

discuss

charge/oblit have now a free 12 second snare so you don't need to waste GCD.