Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
If this title is going to be widely available to everyone how is it considered "subscriber appreciation" then? :confused:

Whatever. Thanks for the extra stipend - that's at least something useful.

Sorry about that, we may have mixed a message there. The 500 cc was for all subscribers. The title is unrelated and is to celebrate the KOTOR 10 year anniversary. Apologies for any confusion.

My goal was to get the info about the title out to subs on the same day as the CC grant though so that if you wanted to get the title you could just save 10 coins. This way you would be able to get it just from those extra coins!

-eric

Sorry about that, we may have mixed a message there. The 500 cc was for all subscribers. The title is unrelated and is to celebrate the KOTOR 10 year anniversary. Apologies for any confusion.

My goal was to get the info about the title out to subs on the same day as the CC grant though so that if you wanted to get the title you could just save 10 coins. This way you would be able to get it just from those extra coins!

-eric

Are you planning on fixing Revan's color bug? The pizza offer still stands. :)

If this title is going to be widely available to everyone how is it considered "subscriber appreciation" then? :confused:

Whatever. Thanks for the extra stipend - that's at least something useful.

I don't think he ever said that the special item coming later this month was part of the "subscriber appreciation".

It is a separate goody to celebrate the Anniversary of KotOR, hence availability to all makes sense.

:cool:

-eric

Thanks for clearing that up :D

I don't think he ever said that the special item coming later this month was part of the "subscriber appreciation".

It is a separate goody to celebrate the Anniversary of KotOR, hence availability to all makes sense.

:cool:

Yeah I missed that. I try to stay away from the forums anymore for the most part.

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

It's pathetically sad that anyone working for this game thinks that this will show the subscribers that you actually care. I seriously feel like you haven't been listening. A one-time coin grant? Seriously? For a moment, I thought this was an April fool's joke. Want to give subscribers benefits? How about a permanent across the board 50% reduction on all purchases? Doubtful we'll ever see anything even close to that, because you don't really care about the subscribers. It's clear this is just a cash shop game now, and that makes me sad. Consider my subscription over once my 6 months are up. I'll just switch preferred and buy my weekly unlocks on the gtn. I'm not going to keep paying you $15/month for $5 worth of coins. Subscribers are getting ripped off...end of story.

Edited by Whizle

-eric

Hi Eric, I have a question I hope you will be able to answer.

Why did the devs come to the decision to even have a price tag on the title designed to celebrate 10 years of KOTOR?

-eric

This was a very wise move on your part IMO. I'm glad to see it, and appreciate it certainly.

It wouldn't hurt to mention that folks could use the grant to do things like try out the appearance system introduced into the game recently.

It's not required, but a good way to tie in the grant for those that were upset it required cartel coins.

I guess the coins are alright but it would have been nice to see them put a little more effort into it and make something unique for sub. To me it feels weak and unimpressive. The title is nice for the KotOR Anniversary but again we have to buy it and this is why people feel like the focus is always on CM. I still think it would be nice if you would added a loyalty program (many game have them) to show you appreciated for our continue support of the game. Still it’s a gift and for that I thank you. Edited by TheSeer

It's pathetically sad that anyone working for this game thinks that this will show the subscribers that you actually care. I seriously feel like you haven't been listening. A one-time coin grant? Seriously? For a moment, I thought this was an April fool's joke. Want to give subscribers benefits? How about a permanent across the board 50% reduction on all purchases? Doubtful we'll ever see anything even close to that, because you don't really care about the subscribers. It's clear this is just a cash shop game now, and that makes me sad. Consider my subscription over once my 6 months are up. I just switch preferred and buy me weekly unlocks on the gtn. I'm not going to keep paying you $15/month for $5 worth of coins. Subscribers are getting ripped off...end of story.

Fully agree

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins.

Is this a joke? If I wanted more cartel coins I'd cancel my sub and get 1500 per month instead. That seems to be what you want since every other advantage of subbing is on the GTN for chump change now.

I would have preferred a Pet or some cosmetic item or other "eye candy" instead of the 500 CC.

Not that they are bad, but it is like buying someone a gift card, because you do not know them well enough to buy a "real" present.

Maybe you should consider setting up a "Subscriber Vendor" with some special items. We have the Token Vendor and the CE Vendor already. Well, the Subscriber Vendor should be updated with items from time to time, though. Not like the other two ^^

(Although I liked the Black/Yellow dye ;) )

Or a cool vehicle, looking like the Taxis, which you only can use if you have an active sub status ;)

Oh, and they should come with a dye slot, or buyable (either creds or CC) paintjobs :D

I really think people are looking at this the wrong way. They're not saying "Here's what you get for being a sub, now shut up and let us make Cartel Packs.". I believe they're saying "Here are some CCs to show you we haven't forgotten about you. There's more content on the way". It's pretty much just something to show us that we haven't been forgotten.

Would I have preferred some new content? Of course, but any quality content requires a decent amount of time to be made. I think we're in for a decent amount of quality content this summer.

Edited by NeroTethras

I would have preferred a Pet or some cosmetic item or other "eye candy" instead of the 500 CC.

Not that they are bad, but it is like buying someone a gift card, because you do not know them well enough to buy a "real" present.

Maybe you should consider setting up a "Subscriber Vendor" with some special items. We have the Token Vendor and the CE Vendor already. Well, the Subscriber Vendor should be updated with items from time to time, though. Not like the other two ^^

Or a cool vehicle, looking like the Taxis, which you only can use if you have an active sub status ;)

Oh, and they should come with a dye slot, or buyable (either creds or CC) paintjobs :D

I think this is a great idea as it would work like a loyalty program. The problem with the CC it doesn’t feel like they put any effort into it. In truth considering were paying 15 dollar already were just getting five dollar back on this month’s price, it’s not all that great a gift. Sure isn't going to make people want to continue to sub anymore then last month. I think a loyalty program or a vendor would make people feel more appreciated for their continue support.

Agreed, it should be in place the moment F2P was introduced.

I would have preferred a Pet or some cosmetic item or other "eye candy" instead of the 500 CC. Not that they are bad, but it is like buying someone a gift card, because you do not know them well enough to buy a "real" present

This way, I get what I want rather than what BWEA wants to give me.

Options are good.

I'm kind of confused about the logic here. Subscribers have felt under-appreciated due to everything available either to everyone or through the cartel market, so to show appreciation subscribers are given 500 coins to spend in the cartel market? I've been a subscriber since pre-launch, but this makes me curious to see how much it would cost me on a monthly basis to drop down to preferred and play the same amount. Especially now that I'm getting close to 8 level 55s, but I only really play one consistently.

A better comparison would be to get someone a coupon as a gift. We already put money in, but here is a little in-store credit.

It's pathetically sad that anyone working for this game thinks that this will show the subscribers that you actually care. I seriously feel like you haven't been listening. A one-time coin grant? Seriously? For a moment, I thought this was an April fool's joke. Want to give subscribers benefits? How about a permanent across the board 50% reduction on all purchases? Doubtful we'll ever see anything even close to that, because you don't really care about the subscribers. It's clear this is just a cash shop game now, and that makes me sad. Consider my subscription over once my 6 months are up. I'll just switch preferred and buy my weekly unlocks on the gtn. I'm not going to keep paying you $15/month for $5 worth of coins. Subscribers are getting ripped off...end of story.

Completely agree. I've been a supporter of this game since Oct. 2008, even to the point of being called a fanboy quite a few times. But this is quite frankly a slap in the face. Bioware, if you really want to show your appreciation, you need to try harder. I was really hoping for something that you couldn't get with just CCs, something that would make me say "this is why I'm happy to subscribe to this game". 500 CCs is not that.

Completely agree. I've been a supporter of this game since Oct. 2008, even to the point of being called a fanboy quite a few times. But this is quite frankly a slap in the face. Bioware, if you really want to show your appreciation, you need to try harder. I was really hoping for something that you couldn't get with just CCs, something that would make me say "this is why I'm happy to subscribe to this game". 500 CCs is not that.

This "gift" is about as unimaginative as it can possibly get. Here... have some play money that you already get monthly anyway! WHEE!

Wow, I can't fathom how much thought and effort you put into that! I'm feeling really appreciated. :mad:

I'm gonna go tell my wife her butt looks good and see if it gets me anywhere. No foot massage, no flowers, no dinner, no gifts. Just a slap on the fanny and a wolf whistle. Ought to work about as well as these 500cc's... :rolleyes:

Edited by DarthTHC