HM Colonel Vorgath - RNG? ENRAGE? ***?

:eek:Hello SWtoR forumgoers.

I was hoping somebody could give me some tips on helping my raid with Hard Mode Colonel Vorgath.

For whatever reason, we keep hitting an enrage on the turrets (the big ones before the boss fight) which wipes our whole raid. The only completion videos I've seen have all only had to down 3 Probes and disarm 3 bombs in order to make it all the way through.

UNFORTUNATELY, it seems the number of disarms is completely random, from 3 on a lucky run to 5 if you are very unlucky. My raid almost always had 4 miniboss fights minimum, and while we were beating the enrage on those fights we still were unable to make it all the way across before the turrets enraged and killed us.

SO... is this an intentional massive DPS gear check that we need to farm black hole gear for to be able to down 4 minibosses super fast... OR is it completely RNG based in that if we get a lucky grid layout (only 3 disarms) you can progress to the boss and clear.

IS THERE ANYWAY TO GET 3 BOMB DISARMS EVERY TIME? AGHHH FRUSTRATION.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

If you get only 3 disarms, the fight is rather easy and allows for a bit of DPS slack, 4 disarms allows for almost none.

The first time we tried this we also thought that getting 3 is the only way to get it done but we have done it with 4, you just have almost no room for errors or BUGS (Yes it has some).

I have to add I have ALWAYS seen 2x 4 disarm routes, I just try to find the 3x route if I can (If the map has it and I can normally tell within 30s if is does), otherwise we factor in going for 4. The key is avoid downtime from getting your Probe found and DPS'd, Ideally you want to get the probe and then determine the best path while they DPS the probe. If you time these correctly then you should be summoning your 4th Probe around the 3.30-3.40 Mark on the timer, which leaves very little time before the 4.30 enrage on the turrets. **Remember you still need 5s to disarm and time to run to the console to de-activate.

Big advice... don't bother with the far right line, because the last block at the top of that is a wall and getting that does not help you at all (Unless there is a rare pattern that has the block directly to it's left green and therefore only a 4 pattern at best).

IS THERE ANYWAY TO GET 3 BOMB DISARMS EVERY TIME? AGHHH FRUSTRATION.

Just to confirm that getting 3 is totally random and if you do get it, makes life easier but there is no way besides using a set pattern to quickly find it and if you don't see it you can only reset and hope it is there on your next go, but it can and has been done with 4x disarms, so keep plugging away, just get the probe DPS started earlier while you figure out your route, but remember to have it ready before you kill it and it does have it's own independent enrage timer.

As soon as you place a yellow square start the induction to get a probe droid and spawn one. Don't wait for someone to call for a spawn, the group below needs to always be able to handle rapid probe spawns. It might also help you if you send a DPS class up top with whoever is doing the grid to kill the first add faster, allowing them to spawn the first probe faster. Lastly make sure you aren't wasting DPS on Assassination Droids, just have someone run into them away from the group.

As soon as you place a yellow square start the induction to get a probe droid and spawn one. Don't wait for someone to call for a spawn, the group below needs to always be able to handle rapid probe spawns. It might also help you if you send a DPS class up top with whoever is doing the grid to kill the first add faster, allowing them to spawn the first probe faster. Lastly make sure you aren't wasting DPS on Assassination Droids, just have someone run into them away from the group.

Can any (Rakata geared) class survive the explosion with a sorc shield up? (from running into an assassination droid)

Edited by TiTaNsFaN

Can any (Rakata geared) class survive the explosion with a sorc shield up? (from running into an assassination droid)

I would imagine so. We didn't try having a Sorcerer explode them, probably the squishiest class which could. When the group is mobile and they're in front the tank would explode them. Otherwise a Marauder would get them with one of their various CDs. When neither of those happened we had a Merc stunning one, blowing up the other, getting healed, then blowing up the stunned one.

8 man Hard is completely doable with 4 probes in only full rakata.

16 man you could probably do 5.

You just have to be fast at both killing the probes and disarming and getting the next one out.

There is always a path to take that only requires 4 probes. 3 probes is a feel good get lucky type of thing but not needed at all.

You have 5 minutes to make it through the mine field before the enrage on the turrets happen.

on 8 man hard mode if there is a probe up we just CC the assassin droids until the probe is down then burn them or have an assassin or maurader pop cooldowns and blow them up.

We were able to down it tonight; we had 6 dps, 1 healer and 1 tank... It's a really heavy DPS gear check.

It's really not. It's just a mistake check.

You should never have a case when your dps is not killing a munitions droid, one needs to spawn right as the previous one dies. You can soak all the assassin droids and never have to kill any of them. In 16 man we've finished 4x with over a minute left, when we did the PTS with 8 we had about 30s left on enrage after 4x droid/disarm. It's all about flow. We used 2 tanks, 2 heals, 6 dps in our 8.

We were able to down it tonight; we had 6 dps, 1 healer and 1 tank... It's a really heavy DPS gear check.

We didn't really switch ops composition for this one encounter, so it's the usual 2/2/4 on tanks/heals/DPS. Pretty much the only thing you need to do to ensure you're not hitting enrage is to summon the demolitions droid right at the start of the encounter - that is, we have like 4 people go up to instantly nuke the add, then one starts sweeping the field while another calls for droid and joins people downside.

There is always a path to take that only requires 4 probes.

The main issue to deal with this is which tile you select 1st and how long it takes you to do reach the 3rd row... You are on a good try if you reach the 3rd row with just 1 Probe. If you don't manage... Usually it's safer to just bail out and retry. So before spending the 1st bot BE SURE you have a path to the 3rd row requiring just 1 disarm.

- Optimize your probe usage... They appear ALWAYS on the same spot. Select the one that's closer... If you have melee, the sooner they start the sooner you kill.

- Keep 1 DPS on the Tower with the clicker (usually the 2nd tank) helps tons at cutting down the spawn of the 1st Probe... After that 1st add on the Tower is killed that DPS should go down and help the rest of the team.

- Synch the yellow marking with the death of the probe. Depending on your DPS, if you call the marking when the Probe is around 10-15% you have enough time to defuse it. The clicker should immediatly summon the next probe ASAP before keep on looking at the Minefield. When doing this BE SURE the clicker is aware about the "Panel Cooldown" when revealing mines... or when the call is issued the panel may be on CD and thus he/She can't mark yellow when needed, loosing valuable seconds.

Finnally there are tries that require 5 defusals... If you didn't spend enough time to reveal the 3rd row BEFORE selecting the initial tile on your path. Tricky decission... As the initial delay on 1st Probe can't be increased forever... So accept the bad luck and retry.

Edited by ragamer

Patch Note from 1.2.1

•A total of 4 mines must now be successfully defused in order to complete the minefield encounter.

Now it's definitely a gear check.

Hard mode isn't meant to be done in anything less than full Rakata.

And even in full Rakata on 8 man with 2 healers and 2 tanks we can down 4 probes.

So I would say its a check to see if your DPS are actually good or not, and a check to see if your probe launcher is fast enough, and another check on top of that to see if you can organize and coordinate well enough to do all that.

Hard mode isn't meant to be done in anything less than full Rakata.

And even in full Rakata on 8 man with 2 healers and 2 tanks we can down 4 probes.

So I would say its a check to see if your DPS are actually good or not, and a check to see if your probe launcher is fast enough, and another check on top of that to see if you can organize and coordinate well enough to do all that.

Could you confirm what 4 DPS you used for this fight and whether it was prior to the very recent Merc DPS Nerfs?

We hit the enrage on Colonel Vorgath himself (shouldn't have downed all 4 turret spawns), but we got through the minefield with dps consisting of Vanguard, Sentinel, Guardian and Gunslinger.

Our Shadow tank was eating the assassin droids. 4 probes utilized. As the clicker, once I turned one yellow, I started channeling for the next probe.