Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

Am I the only one to think that this whole screaming and moaning over easy valor rank gains would not be as bad as it is if it were not for the fact that BM gear (thus valor rank 60) were such a huge advantage in pvp?? I mean really just think about it... we have out numbered republics screaming (rightfully so) because they are not only out numbered but out geared as well, we have people who grounded out the gear via warzones prior to this patch screaming that people farmed Illum all day and now have the same gear they do (thus on even ground).

In reality if valor rank (and the gear gained from it) did not matter that much in the grand scheme of things, you would not see as much complaining and people may be a little more patient while waiting for fixes.

What you see today will more than likely be the norm from now on because pvp is so heavily gear based or rather there is a huge separation between the haves and the have nots. With what we have seen today (unless you are on the out numbered side) those out front may widen the gap even further or fall behind if they happen to miss the farm fest.

This is exactly why I'm concerned. As a recent 50, all I have to counter Battlemasters is an earpiece....

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for BW

If rollbacks happen = Players ragequit

If rollbacks don't happen = Players ragequit

I think they chosed the safest option regarding subscription loss

The expectation is that BW would be qualified enough to have avoided the issue before it ever got to this point.

They are making ametuer mistakes, which I think is why people are so upset. This is not some 'out of nowhere' surprise issue.

Here is what I dont get. I am a Republic player but my highest level character is just about to hit 48. I have to ask though.......why does everyone keep respawning?

The problem is clear. They rack up valor from player kills. When you are dead you can still see the the SEA OF RED NAMES and all the horrible lightning and explosions blowing up the very spot you are going to reappear at. So why, WHY would you be so dumb to respawn OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN to feed the massive horde valor then come complain about it later. That makes no sense. STOP. SPAWNING. Go play an alt for the day. The Imperial plays will stop when they suddenly have NO ONE TO KILL and they won't all be Instant Battlemasters. Yes the patch is messed up and this should probably never have happened to begin with but you are doing nothing but feeding the problem. You are the ones giving the enemy players their valor ranks, not Bioware. Now they are going to be doing an emergency patch which is great and all but honestly this shutting down of taxi's to the planet or whatever should have been done earlier to avoid this. Then people would be less upset at the 3-4 valor ranks that some people gained as opposed to the 10 or more they did over the course of the day.

The fault may have originally been Bioware's but the players didn't help the situation. My point still stands.

STOP. SPAWNING!

*** is all this QQ and whining, "meh, I'm not gonna re-up my sub see"!

Get a life, it's just a game. This pvp going on in Illum is awesome!! You should be out here with us.

I've been here for a couple hours and have only gotten five levels.. not much better than BG's so ***? **** or come battle with us..

God MMO's have such cry baby's. Seriously.

My server is 3 to 1 Imps to Pubs. What extra Ilums is going to do is make it so I have Ilums with 0 pubs.

Please stop this band aid fixing and turn it back to what it was. And just come up with a long term solution.

Maybe 5 objectives like before and 5 kills while holding an objective that is within range.

Instead of a full rollback, simply cap the Valor earned today to something reasonable.

The solution should be allowing players from each fraction to become 'free agents' so they can join the other side to balance things out. To encourage this, reduce the valor gained on the side with overwhelming numbers exponentially, so 1:1 gives 100% of valor with bonus, 2:1 gives 10% of valor. 3:1 is 1%, etc. As a casual PvP player, all I is a 'balanced match'. There is no fun in ganking 10:1 or being ganked 10:1.

There are going to be caps, so each instance should be balanced. Assuming this is how the instancing works.

People should not be allowed to go to a server that is one sided.

How has Illum instancing been designed?

what exploit?

Me and the rest of the server were just killing republics, like the game intends us to do.

It is PvP after all

In a replublic base, where your not even supposed to be able to get to. I dont care if you get banned since you'll be the one crying when the only people you can pvp are same faction failball games.

Never seen it. Fix your computer for gaming (and before a response with all games you have that work just fine, seriously fix your broken client running junk)

It's a confirmed bug caused by the 1.1 Patch. Many peeps have reported it. Try again.

It's also worrying when you can run BF3 in Ultra mode and 16x MSAA but SWTOR can't even handle 20v20 open world PvP in Ilum with everything set to low and Vsync turned off...

Edited by darthtoph

We’re aware that on some servers, either Republic or Empire groups have been capturing the Ilum control points, entering the enemy’s base and ‘camping’ the medcenters, preventing the opposite faction from leaving their base to recapture control points. This is not a fair or balanced gameplay experience and can also severely affect client performance, so we’re taking steps to address this.

Your PvP development team has to be the worst I've ever seen in an MMO.

These problems were predicted by me, a scrub gamer, over a year ago (the totally obvious incoming faction imbalance) and by your PTR testers while 1.1 was on the PTR.

Yet you still push it live.

But hey, we do still have an absolutely trash UI, so thanks!

Never seen it. Fix your computer for gaming (and before a response with all games you have that work just fine, seriously fix your broken client running junk)

Doubt it has anything on his side everyone in my guild had it after patch and tons of folks was complaning about in in general

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

Can you define "extreme advantage"?

It takes 10 seconds to get as much valor as I got from a warzone.

Participating in Ilum at all today should be considered taking extreme advantage of the valor system.

So let me follow:

1. Bioware releases a crap patch late

2. Crap patch released late is broken at patch day

3. Players inform Bioware of PvP issues begging for servers to come down

4. Bioware takes no action all day

5. Bioware posts they are aware of issues and are "aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary."

Simply amazing, either there is incompetent leadership at work or they really are clueless about MMO's.

Blizzard and Trion are laughing as Bioware self destructs in 60 days.

I agree.

Why did they not take down the servers to correct the problem -- before it really damaged the server community?

Or simply turn off illium, leaving the PVE game available to customers.

Instead they took no action, which allowed for people to gain valor at faster rates, and polluting the PVP population.