Full WH or one EWH?

LeatherneckJedi

I just ranked to 40 valor but haven't dinged 50 yet. I've been banking WZ comms for a while I'm wondering what I should do at 50. Do I get as much WH as I can, or should I get one EWH and the rest WH/recruit? Someone told me I should get my EWH main and pull the mods from the WH main before turning in the shell to use in my OH. I'm a merc BH (I know it stinks for PVP, but I still play with it). Edited by LeatherneckJedi

I just ranked to 40 valor but haven't dinged 50 yet. I've been banking WZ comms for a while I'm wondering what I should do at 50. Do I get as much WH as I can, or should I get one EWH and the rest WH/recruit? Someone told me I should get my EWH main and pull the mods from the WH main before turning in the shell to use in my OH. I'm a merc BH (I know it stinks for PVP, but I still play with it).

Someone is either an idiot or a jerk.

Get as much WH as possible. EWH is really not that big of difference.

Edited by Technohic

Someone is either an idiot or a jerk.

Get as much WH as possible. EWH is really not that big of difference.

Totally agree. Your best choice is to fully max your comms then when you reach lvl 50 buy as much WH gear as you can. There isn't really not much improvement for the EWH, except of course for the looks.

I personally geared my Merc in full WH before buying him the EWH chest piece (he really looks bad***** in black!), but before turning in the shell I ripped the mods off to min/max another piece. Besides, is way easier to earn ranked comms at lvl 50 (PVP dailies and weekly) than when you're 10-49.

Edited by zorroazul

When you have both caps maxxed out, you can get this items right away at 50:

War Hero equip:

875 - Boots

875 - Gloves

975 - Legs

1425 - Chest

1550 - Main hand

1550 - Off hand

Order: Mainhand -> Offhand -> Set parts -> Non set parts

Edited by Never_Hesitate

When you hit 50 you should be capped on both, normal and ranked comms. Use normals to buy mainhand weapon, take mods out and use them in orange offhand weapon then use the shell and your ranked comms to buy an EWH mainhand. This is prolly what the person meant youre supposed to do. After that start buying WH gear until you got it all done.

When you hit 50 you should be capped on both, normal and ranked comms. Use normals to buy mainhand weapon, take mods out and use them in orange offhand weapon then use the shell and your ranked comms to buy an EWH mainhand. This is prolly what the person meant youre supposed to do. After that start buying WH gear until you got it all done.

So you're saying to buy the EWH MH before buying anything else? Is the increase of damage and expertise from EWH MH with the WH OH mods better than combined stats/expertise from full WH armor? I'm just assuming I won't be able to get everything right off the bat. Trying to figure out which way to start off.

So you're saying to buy the EWH MH before buying anything else? Is the increase of damage and expertise from EWH MH with the WH OH mods better than combined stats/expertise from full WH armor? I'm just assuming I won't be able to get everything right off the bat. Trying to figure out which way to start off.

No, just buy your WH stuff... The only EWH item actually "worth" the purchase is the relics... Everything else can wait...

Ya the expertese is the same its basically capped at about 1.4 k or so since there are no expertese augs,

get full war hero and then the rest if you can pregrind an elite piece and pvp alot go ahead

but youll want to be sure to get war hero full asap,

I always suggest even if u combine pvp with pve gear to be at least around 1.2k expertese.

some stats u might even prefer from the war hero than from elite,

with augs also you can tweak stuff.

if youre like me and some here youll probably want to rip the mods out also

before trading in, pssst smal secret , if youre cybertech u can even re them for your pve gear.

The trade in is worth it mainly for some pieces when youre full wh for the armor mod,

even if u dont like the stat change u can always use the armor upgrade, but thats later on when youre already set up kinda full wh.

You basically get a tick more rating and stats but the difference isnt drastic.

I think someone stated also before, if youre dps you probably want the weaps elite the most in the first few elite items you get.

But war hero and war hero elite arent huge upgrades from each other,

you can see it abit like campain and dread lord.

Edited by ODTONE

Got it. Thanks.

On a side note. After you get all your WH gear you can go two routes:

1. You can Buy WH gear, that you have no intention of wearing, specifically for the trade-in to EWH (the stat allocation changes so make sure you buy the proper WH piece for the trade-in.), RE the armoring/mods/enh for Molecular Stabilizers(to sell), save your ranked comms until you can buy the BiS EWH armoring/mod/enh.

2. Keep Swapping comms until you are BiS. Them farm WH gear for $$$$....

Personally I am doing #1 because I can get gear anytime, but getting this kind of money comes along once every blue moon, and probabaly have not been this good since prior to the slicing nerf a few weeks after launch..

Edited by L-RANDLE

I just dinged 50 on my assassin yesterday and had 3.5k ranked and 2k normal comms, I thought about getting EWH top, but then decided just to cash all my ranked in for normal and buy normal WH. The stats aren't much better and it gives me a smoother ride into fresh 50 PvP so it's worth it imo.

well...if you dual wield, oh should be next. I'm not sure it matters otherwise (doesn't affect min/max dmg the way mh does). most classes go for the power stats on enh/mods. every piece is going to be an upgrade at the armoring. the rest of the pieces are it or miss. so I would go with the pieces that have the most mods to insert somewhere on your gear.

another approach is just to get the cheapest stuff first (hands/gloves). don't think that really matters since you already have the set bonus with wh though. I did find it useful for alts. I would get the expensive stuff with my older toons that didn't need the gear and only buy the mh/oh and "accessories" with the fresh 50.

Most cost effective if you are of the opinion (as most are) that expertise is not optimal beyond 1200ish:

Buy PVE rank 27 barrels for MH and OH. Buy only the boots or gloves that have the right mods/enhancements, and power crystals on the GTN. Just saved yourself 40% on the comms for your MH/OH, with which you can now afford WH relics. If you really want the expertise, get the crystals for 500 reg comms or buy cartel market ones for credits.

Did this on my PT, sitting at around 1260 expertise right now. I had the time and comms from other toons to be in full WH the minute I hit 50, but still makes sense if it's your first toon.

Most crafters will make you the barrels for about 1 mil worth of mats each. Start saving!

Most cost effective if you are of the opinion (as most are) that expertise is not optimal beyond 1200ish:

Buy PVE rank 27 barrels for MH and OH. Buy only the boots or gloves that have the right mods/enhancements, and power crystals on the GTN. Just saved yourself 40% on the comms for your MH/OH, with which you can now afford WH relics. If you really want the expertise, get the crystals for 500 reg comms or buy cartel market ones for credits.

Did this on my PT, sitting at around 1260 expertise right now. I had the time and comms from other toons to be in full WH the minute I hit 50, but still makes sense if it's your first toon.

Most crafters will make you the barrels for about 1 mil worth of mats each. Start saving!

it is better to replace the power crystals rather than the barrel. trading power for expertise at a 1:1 ratio is great.

If I were you, I would get two pve 27 barrels for the mainhand and offhand. It's probably cheaper. Buy the elite war hero relics, and perhaps even the elite warhero earpiece.

I find i'm not willing to change Ranked coms to warzone coms because in the end run, it's so much harder to go warzone coms to ranked.

After that, you can min max with war hero pieces, and from time to time upgrade with an elite warhero belt or something.

Edited by PerinnAybara

it is better to replace the power crystals rather than the barrel. trading power for expertise at a 1:1 ratio is great.

Considering pve barrels would be +36 to main stat, AND +27 power vs regular WH barrels, it is definitely superior. Plus they would be good for at least 360 hp, which is at least a 2 percent inc to endurance, which offsets the loss in expertise mitigation.

You can get a full WH set - just max regular and ranked comms. (buy the ranked at the 3 to 1 cost while leveling post 40) Then turn your ranked comms back into regular comms once you've spent all your regular comms on WH gear upon dinging 50.

Badda Bing Badda Boom, fully geared at 50 in WH. Every piece.

Then spend yourself 1.5 million augmenting it all :)