Cartel coin symbol for chat.

Altheran

Useless but simple.

The symbol " ¤ " appears as "credits", and so I propose that the symbol " § " to become the cartel coin symbol.

If there is already one symbol that shows as the cartel coin symbol, just tell us here. Please.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

There is an "alt code" that seems to work (at least for me).

While typing a message in the chat window, press and hold the <alt> key on your keyboard, then key the following numbers on your numeric keypad on the right hand side of your keyboard.... 0-1-1-8-8. Then release the <alt> key.

That's <alt+0+1+1+8+8>

It'll give you a ¤ in any other editor. But in chat, it'll give you the credit symbol.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Bahh. You were asking about the Cartel Coin symbol, not the credit symbol. My bad. Seems Amber gave you the "actual" answer. Scroll down 1 message. :)

This line intentionally left blank

Edited by Woetoo

• Dev Post

An astute peer who can't post has asked me to point out that Alt+0162 is the code you're looking for!

Edit: I logged in to test both codes and found that that 0162 is the Cartel Market symbol. The instructions above (Alt+01188) is the credit symbol. Now we all know both! o/''\o

Edited by AmberGreen

An astute peer who can't post...

This part intrigues me. I would think all of your peers could post on the forums. Might you be referring to James Ohlen? You can let him out of whatever box he's been hiding in for the past year...

lol, she could just mean someone who isn't able to post *at the moment*, because of being busy.
It's not uncommon for companies to have policies that only permit certain employees to interact with the public.

An astute peer who can't post has asked me to point out that Alt+0162 is the code you're looking for!

Edit: I logged in to test both codes and found that that 0162 is the Cartel Market symbol. The instructions above (Alt+01188) is the credit symbol. Now we all know both! o/''\o

Alt+155 makes the ¢. That does the Cartel symbol as well.

Noooooooooooooo!

My secret is out. I've been using this forever to confuse and amaze my peers. A sneaky agent character asked me how it was done on Ebon Hawk last night.. I'm guessing this is where the information came from!

Since the nexu is out of the bag, so to speak, let me add that you can make the credit symbol and the cartel symbol shorter by using ALT+0154 and ALT+155, respectively. Interestingly, the cartel symbol ALT+155 corresponds with the symbol for currency or cents: ¢. I'll miss abusing this little known secret but I guess my fun game is over now. Enjoy!

P.S. Guess I should have read page 2. Someone beat me to all of this. Disregard!

Noooooooooooooo!

My secret is out. I've been using this forever to confuse and amaze my peers. A sneaky agent character asked me how it was done on Ebon Hawk last night.. I'm guessing this is where the information came from!

Since the nexu is out of the bag, so to speak, let me add that you can make the credit symbol and the cartel symbol shorter by using ALT+0154 and ALT+155, respectively. Interestingly, the cartel symbol ALT+155 corresponds with the symbol for currency or cents: ¢. I'll miss abusing this little known secret but I guess my fun game is over now. Enjoy!

P.S. Guess I should have read page 2. Someone beat me to all of this. Disregard!

Agreement: I was using this secret too. Never saw anybody else using it.

Suggestion: Let us "negotiate" the removal of all knowledge of this. I recommend the DC-17 sniper.

This part intrigues me. I would think all of your peers could post on the forums. Might you be referring to James Ohlen? You can let him out of whatever box he's been hiding in for the past year...

She was talking about me, I hadn't renewed my sub yet so I couldn't post on the forums. I saw the thread and I sent her a Tweet to ask if she would please post the Alt code.

There's probably others, but the ones I currently know are:

Cartel coins symbol is Alt+0162, Alt+155, and Alt+01186

Aurebesh credits symbol is Alt+0164 and Alt+01188

Thanks Amber! Your post on something completely insignificant compared too all the other reported bugs and community questions on here which you guys refuse too touch shows your priority! Keep on tackling the difficult questions!