What to do about a level 51 idiot

Katpoohtoo

How so? Other games have account wide ignore. Why can't this one?

They probably could do it, code wise, but as I've said before, many people have multiple chars. Chances are you might meet one of your friends on an alt, you or they don't know, and for some reason, one takes offense to the other. one puts them on ignore, yourfriend is gone, you complain to cs, etc, etc, etc. It would cause more crying and complaining than we have at the moment. Not to mention the many trolls in this game, which probably have normal chars that you might be friends with, etc.

Definitely ignore the guy after berating them for being such a useless waste of flesh. Hopefully we'll get legacy/account ignore in 6.0.

legacies are not unique. it would be nice to have an account wide sort of thing though. toggling duels on/off, however, seems so freaking obvious. like...how is it 2019 and that's not a thing?

They probably could do it, code wise, but as I've said before, many people have multiple chars. Chances are you might meet one of your friends on an alt, you or they don't know, and for some reason, one takes offense to the other. one puts them on ignore, yourfriend is gone, you complain to cs, etc, etc, etc. It would cause more crying and complaining than we have at the moment. Not to mention the many trolls in this game, which probably have normal chars that you might be friends with, etc.

That's an oddly specific example. And one that is easily solved... you implement account-wide ignore along with other features, like what GW2 has, where an account name of some kind is attached to each character. For privacy reasons, could probably make this something optionally hidden (the idea being that if someone wants the privacy, they probably aren't worried about weird edge cases like your example).

Also, I would think if you are friends and want to hang out, you would figure out pretty quickly that your ignore made your friend disappear.

And as far as trolls go, are you speaking from experience? I think I'd want to know if a "friend" of mine was being a troll on the side.

So we all have to suffer because a few people might regret global ignoring someone? I can't imagine anyone I consider a friend could piss me off to the point I'd ignore them. Similarly, your troll example is exactly why I want global ignore. If someone is so vile that I ignore them on one character, I want them ignored on all the others, even if they can pretend to be a decent human being on a couple of them.

So we all have to suffer because a few people might regret global ignoring someone? I can't imagine anyone I consider a friend could piss me off to the point I'd ignore them. Similarly, your troll example is exactly why I want global ignore. If someone is so vile that I ignore them on one character, I want them ignored on all the others, even if they can pretend to be a decent human being on a couple of them.

People get pissed off really easy in this game, for stupid reasons too. Account wide ignores wouldn't bother me, I was just saying you'll see the forum flooding with complaints, etc. And as I said, it could be an friends alt, that you don't know, they could do something mild, that you'd ignore if you knew it was them, but for whatever reason, you don't know it's them, and you hit ignore. Too slow in a fp, scavenging while a fight is on, jumping the gun before a tank, just a small few things you hear people complaining about, lots more out there.

legacies are not unique. it would be nice to have an account wide sort of thing though. toggling duels on/off, however, seems so freaking obvious. like...how is it 2019 and that's not a thing?

Legacy names that we see are not unique, but the legacies themselves are distinct. That is, the legacy name that we see is purely cosmetic, and the game, internally, identifies them by some other means. A "ignore that whole legacy" feature would do it by the internal name.

Excellent news! Thanks for letting us know you're pushing for this!

He didn't say he was pushing for it.

Just that he was going to make people aware that there is no auto-decline function.

If there is a Developer on this game so out of touch with the game and the code that they aren't already aware of that then we are in serious trouble.

All The Best

Just keep wispering idiotic things to him until he ignore you! stuff like, are u hawt ? u think i r sexay!? Dance baby daaaance !!!!! and just keep doing it over and over. I promise you, in the end he will leave you alone, and THEN you start stalking him with aaaaall your other toons !!! in the end, your ignore list will be smooth as a baby's bottom, but his will be full of all your toons and voila, he wont ever be a problem again xD Edited by Esron

Hey!

I would definitely use some of the advice that others have posted here. Ignore the player and if they are being harassing, definitely report them in-game. I suspect the team is already aware but I am going to raise it up that there is no auto-decline for duel requests.

Thanks.

-eric

Thank you Eric! I do hope the team will consider adding an auto-decline for duels. It would make life easier for a lot of players, I suspect.

This has been common on SWTOR since there were noob zones and people could offer duels.

I think most of these players are probably teens or younger, they will spam over and over duels to lowbies.

I just think only a child would keep spamming a duel when declined over and over, most likely not an idiot. Maybe exceptions as always, though.

I wouldn't blame this one on kids. A lot of people online are ahem, very young for their age and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the duel spammer turned out to be a grown adult taking out their frustrations on the world by trying to harass people online.

This has been common on SWTOR since there were noob zones and people could offer duels.

I think most of these players are probably teens or younger, they will spam over and over duels to lowbies.

I just think only a child would keep spamming a duel when declined over and over, most likely not an idiot. Maybe exceptions as always, though.

Not all are children. Some are adults. You would be surprised at how well some children act compared to some adults I have met on the game, that actually do this.

I'd bet every credit I have in-game that the person doing this was a) an adult, and b) a PvPer.

All The Best

I'd bet every credit I have in-game that the person doing this was a) an adult, and b) a PvPer.

All The Best

Probably a PVPer, but not a very good one seeing he likes to target lowbies. Calling him a PVPer in this sense is a bit of a stretch.

However! I am willing to work with you on this assertion and agree that it probably was a big soft pudding manchild enjoying himself on his awesomely geared 51 lvl spamming duels on wimpy little lvl 6 noobs.

On Tython I'm playing my new character which is level 6 and some level 51 idiot keeps harassing me for a duel. Some of my other characters could wipe the floor with him, but of course my level 6 can't. My high-level characters would feel too much shame challenging a low level character to a duel. How on earth can this level 51 guy think that he's some kind of champion by dueling with single-digit characters?? That's kind of sad.

Obviously the guy is a loser, that's why he's on a starter planet. Hell, i would take my 70's and wipe the foor with him, just so he/she would learn they can't do that.

• 3 weeks later...
I've had this happen and quickly respond with "I would LOVE to duel ...give me 1 minute and I will grab my level cap char and I will be right back" . I have used this 8-10 times over the years and have NEVER had anyone stay. I have even reached out in general chat with "Duelspammer, I am back .. did you log out or change characters? I will be waiting for you at wherever, let me know if you still want to duel"