Maintenance: May 17th, 2013

AmberGreen

• Dev Post

On May 17th, all game servers will be unavailable as we perform maintenance. Patch 2.1.0b will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Friday May 17th, 2013

Duration: 2 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) - 5AM PDT (12PM UTC)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-fingers crossed- here's hoping for the Free Rename token for subs and/or removing the stupid restriction on dyes for "Lore" pieces.

And for the collections system to be brought in line with what was advertised. Oh and for dye gambling boxes to be removed.

So you guys are just going to ignore all the feedback you got on the dyes and kiosk and collections system from the last few days? Like, are you going to even address it?

Do not address inflammatory or divisive commentary as part of company policy.

Wait until commentary is no longer inflammatory or divisive.

Whence commentary is no inflammatory or divisive, commentary is no longer relevant.

Irrelevant commentary does not warrant a response.

Taa daa.

Given the timing and the fact that they're not saying, I'd imagine there's some sort of market exploit they're closing.

It probably rhymes with "Duplicating Rare Crystals with Inheritance Weapons through the Collections System"

Wait ... none of that rhymes at all.

Edited by Laeg

So you guys are just going to ignore all the feedback you got on the dyes and kiosk and collections system from the last few days? Like, are you going to even address it?

The only feedback they care about is whether they are provided with sufficient money from the Cartel Market to make a hat.

And since 2.1, they've gone ten gallon.

Given the timing and the fact that they're not saying, I'd imagine there's some sort of market exploit they're closing.

i know of something that might not have been intended but I seriously hope it won't be touched because it's kind of a nice compromise for what they did to toys. Quite a number of guys figured it out and prepared themselves in case of a change to it already. :p

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

i know of something that might not have been intended but I seriously hope it won't be touched because it's kind of a nice compromise for what they did to toys. Quite a number of guys figured it out and prepared themselves in case of a change to it already. :p

You know, purposefully exploiting a bug without reporting it is a bannable offense.... just saying....

Also, the toys had to be done because of the collection system... or did we forget about that?

--------------------------------

Regarding people wanting other quick fixes, this, if you notice has a "b" in the name... meaning it is an emergency hotfix... The dye system, the kiosk, bostler, and any number of other complaints that people have, if it is not fitting under the category of "emergency hotfix" then I don't know why you even bother asking...

--------------------------------

Regarding the time stamps... UTC... is that the one that never shifts with daylight savings? Also known as Zulu time? Because if so then you picked the best universal time to avoid confusion... if not... then you should go with that one... the one that doesn't change ever.

You know, purposefully exploiting a bug without reporting it is a bannable offense.... just saying....

Who says I did anything? :p I am aware of it, that's it. But I doubt it's something bannable considering it's nature that is very similar to schem-stealing issue.

Toys didn't have to be done that way. No. There are alternatives. If they were to hit collection, then they could just charge us much less for unlocking them, considering their past features. Or simply not charge anything unless we're trying to unlock them from another server!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Regarding the time stamps... UTC... is that the one that never shifts with daylight savings? Also known as Zulu time? Because if so then you picked the best universal time to avoid confusion... if not... then you should go with that one... the one that doesn't change ever.

Zulu Time = GMT

GMT Never changes either and in England we use BST in the summer as a result. For the rest of Europe GMT/BST would be more meaningful as that is what a lot people use as their point of reference when it comes to time zones

Edited by Lacedemon

On May 17th, all game servers will be unavailable as we perform maintenance. Patch 2.1.0b will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Friday May 17th, 2013

Duration: 2 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) - 5AM PDT (12PM UTC)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Does this patch address the freezing when installing asset 116? Or do we need to follow the outrageous carpet bomb fix strategy suggested by customer support.

They even suggested to find a mate with a running version game and and copy the whole thing over.. seriously

Not every one in the world has unlimited bandwidth I have 100 Gig per month and I have used 80% of it now. My connection speed is 100meg down 10 meg up but only get 200kb during most of the patch download. I guess alot of people are in similar situations.