Bomber OP in Death Match

ToMyMa

Seeing that achievement coupled with an OP comment made me smile. I've had matches like that on my Flashfire/Sting. I would say that the bomber was extremely skilled at setting traps or more likely the other team tunneled in on the bomber and didn't even take note that they were dying to mines/drones.

Give people a week or so to learn how to counter bombers. Remember the bombers were released when FTP players were given access. This mean not only do they have to learn about countering bombers they first have to learn how to fly their own ship, learn the maps, learn what the CDs do, etc. Honestly that is hard to do when one or two good players can dominate a match.

Seeing that achievement coupled with an OP comment made me smile. I've had matches like that on my Flashfire/Sting. I would say that the bomber was extremely skilled at setting traps or more likely the other team tunneled in on the bomber and didn't even take note that they were dying to mines/drones.

Give people a week or so to learn how to counter bombers. Remember the bombers were released when FTP players were given access. This mean not only do they have to learn about countering bombers they first have to learn how to fly their own ship, learn the maps, learn what the CDs do, etc. Honestly that is hard to do when one or two good players can dominate a match.

Well, the enemy team (and my team) was full of f2p's, but only 2 died to my seeker mines. The rest fell victim to my heavy lasers.

Also, that is an completely un-upgraded dronecarrier I used. The only things I've bought are the railgun drones and the heavy lasers

Well, it's more the powerups that are OP. 1k damage per shot with heavy laser with the red power up

So this. I got the damage power up on my Burst scout last night and pegged 4 guys in about 10 seconds. I had an 1800 point critical with one of the shots.

The real question is, do the powerups affect your drones too? Because if they do, I would think that was broken.

Still not keen on calling them OP but yeah that is kind of crazy.

My main contention is that a bomber pilot can achieve these results by simply mashing buttons and letting the AI do all the work. To get those results in my Striker I would have to work D@MN hard!

Edited by Kaivers

Still not keen on calling them OP but yeah that is kind of crazy.

My main contention is that a bomber pilot can achieve these results by simply mashing buttons and letting the AI do all the work. To get those results in my Striker I would have to work D@MN hard!

Nope. Go on ToFN. I got 20 kills (not counting assists) in my FlashFire yesterday. It's all them f2p's, and I got around 10 of the kills with mah heavy laser... :p

Nope. Go on ToFN. I got 20 kills (not counting assists) in my FlashFire yesterday. It's all them f2p's, and I got around 10 of the kills with mah heavy laser... :p

Check out this video. He did absolutely nothing and didn't really need to use any special tactics or maneuvers learned from being a more experienced player.

F2Ps are easy prey for veterans but they are also easy prey for a novice bomber pilot.

Edited by Kaivers

Any ship can put out tremendous damage and K/D ratio if flown well against lesser pilots.

These are both from me in my Blackbolt.

http://files.enjin.com/548264/Uploads/Lancer0.jpg

http://files.enjin.com/548264/Uploads/Lancer2.jpg

such doge, very skill, much impress, wow

edit: w t f is that shield to engine bull

Edited by Armonddd

such doge, very skill, much impress, wow

edit: w t f is that shield to engine bull

I actually use that component too on my Novadive, which is basically built as a pure scout/gunship hunter.

It works quite well: your base shields are the highest a scout can have (with no reactor at least), and it's a great way to keep your engine power topped up and go scouting around the map/going after pesky gunships. Trick is to use the CD early on, so your shields are recharged by the time you reach your target.

Though to be honest, I'm not sure if Quick Charge shields' engine regen bonus makes them more useful anyway.

Nice score, Shayd. Too bad you're a space fascist. :p

Though to be honest, I'm not sure if Quick Charge shields' engine regen bonus makes them more useful anyway.

I'd be surprised. In my experience, scouts have trouble surviving long enough to get away and let their shields start regenerating. They're pretty vulnerable to burst damage, imo.

Eh Bombers are not so bad in DM. In domination however they are very telling. If you are outnumbered in bombers then you are really hard up against it to win. They can hug satalite and let their AI controlled minions deal with whoever comes to try and dig them out.

More people need to start to gear for the bomber counter. I dont think i have seen 1 single case of an EMP blast from a scout or missile from a strike on Harbringer yet.

Until people start to use the counters, bombers will dominate that wargame type/.

At least in DM they are kinda forced out in the open and you can usually get them with GS shots or Proton torps without having to get in range of their mines/drones.

I actually use that component too on my Novadive, which is basically built as a pure scout/gunship hunter.

It works quite well: your base shields are the highest a scout can have (with no reactor at least), and it's a great way to keep your engine power topped up and go scouting around the map/going after pesky gunships. Trick is to use the CD early on, so your shields are recharged by the time you reach your target.

Nice score, Shayd. Too bad you're a space fascist. :p

<nervous laugh> Ehhehehe, no need to keep talking about my Blackbolt and Shield-to-Engine Transfer on a public forum. It's crap, really. I mean who would be so dumb as to sacrifice their own shields in a deathmatch? Ehehehe....

(._.')

LOOK OVER THERE -> http://files.enjin.com/548264/Uploads/Bomber.jpg More evidence that Bombers are overpowered and everyone should play them in Deathmatch!

I can't believe that when I got Proton Torpedo crit on a bomber last night he still had so much health left over that my follow up Concussion Missile still needed about 6 heavy laser hits following it to kill him. They can take some punishment.

2400 hull will do that. It'd take three torpedoes to bring one down. Four if they use Hydro-spanner or a Repair Drone.

That is nothing.

Lets see some of the FF/Sting pilots screenshot their top scores in deathmatch.

Will you call them OP and beg for a nerf or congratulate them on having mad skills because that is the same ship you like?

The bomber sucks at killing, and if it is farming you then I'm sorry, but your team is seriously *********** up.

What are you doing? not shooting drones on purpose? Trying to park inside of the mines? Parking behind stationary bombers?

You should not be able to complain about this ship unless you have one.

Buy it, try it, then come back here and tell us how badly it needs a nerf.

Missile drones are bugged and need a fix, but asking for a nerf is just the same QQ we heard from people getting beaten by better players since day one.

Nothing to say other than "look how hard I got beat, nerf that ship!"

That is nothing.

Lets see some of the FF/Sting pilots screenshot their top scores in deathmatch.

Will you call them OP and beg for a nerf or congratulate them on having mad skills because that is the same ship you like?

The bomber sucks at killing, and if it is farming you then I'm sorry, but your team is seriously *********** up.

What are you doing? not shooting drones on purpose? Trying to park inside of the mines? Parking behind stationary bombers?

You should not be able to complain about this ship unless you have one.

Buy it, try it, then come back here and tell us how badly it needs a nerf.

Missile drones are bugged and need a fix, but asking for a nerf is just the same QQ we heard from people getting beaten by better players since day one.

Nothing to say other than "look how hard I got beat, nerf that ship!"

Uh... It was meant as a joke, and the bomber at the top is me :p