Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked CS years back with a girl who got lots of abuse down the phone. She told the person to "go boil their head in a vat of lard." She kept her job. lol. Putting up with us moaners is kinda hard and i feel for Eric. Doesn't mean I'm not frustrated though! :)

Oh good one. :)

Frustrated here too. I was cruising along really enjoying making progress. Love the CXP bonus. And now been out of the game for 7 hours, basically a day of the event, shot.

I guess I could summon enough ire to have a mini-hissy....

It seems like they're working their ***es off to me...you think differently?

I think it doesn't matter, it's not the customers job to worry about the workload of the people you are paying for a service and in fact in the majority of professions you won't encounter any such behaviour of customers like that.

But for some odd reason game developers get revered like higher entities.....and that's somewhat disgusting.

As for the money discussion, give everyone 1 Cartel Coin and i'm happy, it's the thought that counts, but i don't see that with EA it's more like "Pffff who cares about them".

I got in deep trouble for sassing someone on a support forum we ran for our s'ware. One of the users wanted his pet feature added and would NOT stop pestering me about it. I'd passed it along to the devs, they said: Not a *********** chance. I "translated" that for the user and he would not let up. This went on for weeks. He got up my nose one night, well morning...it was 3 a.m. and insisted that I was not doing my job, that I hadn't passed it along to the devs and I said: Well...pardon me whilst I nip out back and shoot myself.

My boss was laughing so hard he could barely tell me not to do that again. ;)

Hilarious!

I had a similar time happen back in college when I was working at a well known global chain of department stores, which I will not declare the name of. I was working as a stock person in the paper towel and toiletry isles by myself, which is a job for three people. I was overwhelmed with trying to get the product out of the packaging and properly displayed, and I was behind schedule. My boss came up and actually had to audacity to ask me, "What's up? How're you doing?"

I stopped and smiled as best I could and replied, "I'm glad you asked, Boss." I then went on for five minutes giving her a scientific explanation for finding the direction known as "Up". She simply nodded and listened to the whole speech. When I finished, she replied, "let me guess, you need some help to get finished on time."

I smiled back and replied, "You're so smart, boss. That would be very appreciated."

She walked away, and sent 3 more workers to help me get caught up.

Oh good one. :)

Frustrated here too. I was cruising along really enjoying making progress. Love the CXP bonus. And now been out of the game for 7 hours, basically a day of the event, shot.

I guess I could summon enough ire to have a mini-hissy....

Good, take your Jedi weapon and strike me down with it.

Remember when it was thought (hoped) this thread stop before 75 pages?

Cutting into the prime time in the U.S. now. Going to get fixed or very messy soon. :eek:

Messy, and messy twice.

One, people will be coming home from work on the US east coast in about 10 min and realize the game is down and join the complaint fest with the rest of us on this thread.

And then the thread will get longer when people complain about queues for everyone jumping in at once, which of course will bring down the login server.

If u accept these situations so ofc in future they will more and more profit .

So according to you, then the ones in Texas that lost power and internet should ask for compensation as well since it was not their fault they lost power for days. :rolleyes:

I'll take 10 Twilek Male Dancers, a few more senator rugs, the Thunderclap starship deco because I have the others, the spa, gazebo, about two dozen Massasi Lights, same amount of Zakulian chandeliers, and a new paint job on my Defender ship.

I'll settle for those! That should compensate me for the £0.27 pence lost today :D

I think it doesn't matter, it's not the customers job to worry about the workload of the people you are paying for a service and in fact in the majority of professions you won't encounter any such behaviour of customers like that.

But for some odd reason game developers get revered like higher entities.....and that's somewhat disgusting.

As for the money discussion, give everyone 1 Cartel Coin and i'm happy, it's the thought that counts, but i don't see that with EA it's more like "Pffff who cares about them".

^^ exactly that. Yes they are people, but so are we. And we are treated like dumb walking wallets. I honestly can't think of any industry where you can get away with behaviour like that.

I'd like to thank EA/bioware for this uncompensated downtime and the smack in the kisser for being a sub here. It's given me the perfect opportunity to check out the mordor release on LOTRO and consider which game i should be subbed for. Edited by beornevil

For other 15 players? Are you really thinking what that help hundreds of thousands players who waiting fixing the problem with the game? Calm down. No need codes in forum, let dev team FIX the problem.

No no no, he's running a separate promotion.

For other 15 players? Are you really thinking what that help hundreds of thousands players who waiting fixing the problem with the game? Calm down. No need codes in forum, let dev team FIX the problem.

If you dont want to, dont participate :) its for fun and to pass the time, not to settle everyone!

Fixed monthly rate type of plan I presume? Some people in my area went with those. I found it was cheaper in the long run to may more in the summer for air conditioning but less the rest of the year.

Ayup. No a/c here, damn it. I live in a very, very rural area in southern Germany. Not a whole lot of choices here. We are getting access to a new 'Net service and a different electric service. We're still (ugh, yuck, bleech) burning oil for heat.

There are some cons living here but oh, the pros :)

So according to you, then the ones in Texas that lost power and internet should ask for compensation as well since it was not their fault they lost power for days. :rolleyes:

Many ISP's offer prorated rates when there are unexpected outages actually. Most electric providers in the US bill based on usage not fixed rates. So those compensations are possible and even likely. However, compensation from EA/BW is unlikely and unwarranted as they are not at fault or responsible for your ISP or electric service.