Ranked Kick Ball [Republic Faction]

Sindol

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely encourage you all to do this. However, in the past I think there were some issues with why Ranked Kick Ball was being done. The idea behind it was to teach people how to coordinate effectively with hopes that the players desired to be more competitive in PvP and in War Zones.

Ranked Kick Ball wasn't really meant to be a method for people to grind ranked comms or to just do something different. In my mind, it's specifically for developing players that want to be competitive in PvP and continue to contribute to the ranked PvP community. The problem I have with continuing to host it is that I feel like most people who attend are just along for the ride and they don't really aim to develop a more competitive mindset.

Perhaps I should've cleared that up with my initial post when I introduced this, but there's a lot that goes into competitive PvP. And just focus firing the same target isn't what it's all about.

Effective focus fire is key, prioritize which targets to DPS and when it's appropriate to stop DPSing them and switch to another target, knowing which players on your team it's important to heal (it's not always the guy with the guard on you). Knowing when to CC and understanding that when people CC, it's important that you don't break the CC. Timing your CC so that you get the max CC you can without resolve kicking in. There are all kinds of things that are important for people to understand and work on and it has to deal with a particular mindset.

The goal with Ranked Kick Ball is to identify the people that are serious about PvP and are dedicated to being one of the best PvPers on the server. No offense to anyone, but I'm not sure we as a server have established or identified that on the Republic side. So, again, if you're serious about ranked and you want to run ranked, but maybe you're in a guild that doesn't take it so seriously.... those are all things you need to look at and consider if you really want to run ranked PvP. I can tell you from experience that you're never going to be a non-guilded or unaffiliated guilded person that is consider as a priority for a Ranked PvP team. I ran into this back when I had my own little guild and even when I was unguilded for a little while.

Anyways. I just wanted to come in and speak on this. I'm up to discuss this and I'm up for feedback on what we can do to improve the competitive PvP environment on the Republic side of the house. I'm sure Game Genie, Hex, and Guerilla would love to see more ranked teams queuing up. I can personally speak for Zen as we are avidly working on getting a good ranked team together, competitive Republic PvPers are highly sought! :)

Yeah.

I've only recently begun seriously hitting the PvP again in the time leading up to and since 1.6, but my buddy and I got tossed in there on the same team as a Zen premade and from what I saw you guys are definitely doing something right.

Something I would like to see, though, is a bracket tournament of 8-man teams. Since hardly anyone does ranked, it would be easy enough to guarantee that two teams from two different guilds would face off on a given time and day.

Best of 3 warzones, double elimination. Have someone on each team do a livestream or fraps it.

The few runs that people in my guild did with the ranked players on kickball night increased the quality of our play by quite a bit, however, we are still a long way from being competitive. I've been guilded with my group for 15 years, so if the proposed choice is play some quality PvP and leave 15 years of history, you all can continue to play the same three ranked 8 man teams over and over again.