Can no longer romance Theron?

SuddenSunder

Okay, I'm really new to this game, so a thousand pardons if this is a stupid question. (And sorry if this is the wrong forum.)

I am currently playing through KOTFE (I think? the first story after Shadow of Reven.) with my Imperial Operative. I didn't use the flirt option with Theron during Shaow of Reven but decided to try to romance him in KOTFE, my agent flirted with him when Theron returned and asked to speak with him alone. Everything was going good until I didn't choose that one flirt option that locked in the romance. I didn't even know that was a thing until I looked it up later. Now it seems I can't flirt with him at all? I'm up to chapter thirteen and I haven't seen any flirt options since that conversation. Is it just me or is there another time to lock in the Theron romance? If not, do I have an option to go back and fix it or something?

Anyway, thank you so much for reading and thanks for your time.

Have a lovely day.

I am sorry but if you did not take the flirt in chapter 9 of Kotfe than there is no romance and you won't be able to start it anymore.

In chapter 9 you have to ask the person (Koth, Theron or Lana) you want to start a romance with to have a personal talk (but choose the flirt option and not the normal dialog option) and then during the talk choose the flirt and the popup should come up to tell you that this will lock the romance. If this popup is not coming up there is no romance with Lana, Theron or Koth in Kotfe/Kotet.

While there is a replay function this does not help as only the decisions count that were done during the first playthrough. Replay function is even dangerous as there seems to be a bug so that romance flags in certain conditions will be removed (but from my knowledge they were never set again if you didn't have them in the beginning).

If you want to romance Theron I am afraid you have to start a new character. If you are open to new romance options - without spoiling to much we do get a new romance option (at least if you did not kill him) for male/female later (don't know when). But might be a character you don't like.

I am sorry but if you did not take the flirt in chapter 9 of Kotfe than there is no romance and you won't be able to start it anymore.

In chapter 9 you have to ask the person (Koth, Theron or Lana) you want to start a romance with to have a personal talk (but choose the flirt option and not the normal dialog option) and then during the talk choose the flirt and the popup should come up to tell you that this will lock the romance. If this popup is not coming up there is no romance with Lana, Theron or Koth in Kotfe/Kotet.

While there is a replay function this does not help as only the decisions count that were done during the first playthrough. Replay function is even dangerous as there seems to be a bug so that romance flags in certain conditions will be removed (but from my knowledge they were never set again if you didn't have them in the beginning).

If you want to romance Theron I am afraid you have to start a new character. If you are open to new romance options - without spoiling to much we do get a new romance option (at least if you did not kill him) for male/female later (don't know when). But might be a character you don't like.

Ah, thank you so much for explaining. I really appreciate it. I was mostly just really confused what happened to the flirt options. I'll keep this in mind when I replay it with some of my other characters. (I'm assuming the same logic applies to Lana and Koth.)

Ah, thank you so much for explaining. I really appreciate it. I was mostly just really confused what happened to the flirt options. I'll keep this in mind when I replay it with some of my other characters. (I'm assuming the same logic applies to Lana and Koth.)

Yes, the same thing applies for all three of them, accompanied by a warning.

For Theron, the warning is irrelevant because you don't meet him in KotFE until Chapter IX anyway.

There is a longstanding (possibly fixed, but I've seen no sign of it in the patch notes) that you will not get the flirt options in the following sequence of events:

* You start Chapter III and move through it and some of the following chapters, but not as far as the beginning of Chapter VIII.

* You have to log out at this point.

* Before you can log in to advance the story to Chapter IX, there is a patch released.

* You log in again to play the rest of the chapters.

Note that I mean a patch, not just "maintenance" where they grease the hamster wheels on the servers.

If the above sequence happens, you will find that the 2 [Flirt] option is missing when you get to the cantina conversation.

Do not panic. The situation can (probably) be rescued. Press Esc to abandon the conversation, and use the Chapters panel (Shift+E) to replay Chapters III to VIII.

Or try the alternative approach of not starting Chapter III on Tuesday or Wednesday, in case Thursday brings an emergency (mid-week) patch. They don't do emergency patches on Friday or weekends.

Note: I'm not advocating doing the whole thing in one sitting (log in, start KotFE, and don't stop playing until you reach the end of Chapter IX). You *can* (and for two characters I *did*(1)) do that - you can count on it taking 5-6 hours or so, a bit less on a stealther, and a bit less if you spacebar the conversations.

(1) That's why I don't recommend it. This is the Voice of Experience Booming from the Darkness. Realising at the end of Chapter IX that it is now four in the morning is not a good thing.