Humble request to all pilots

Stradlin

BW is about to make some much needed adjustments to conquest. Soon, there will be a patch on Test Server and it is possible GSF, for once, is under some sort of a magnifying glass.

If you happen to care about notion of GSF once more being a viable path to decent conquest, please be vocal about it on Test server forums once the patch rolls in. It could also be nice to do some matches on test server assuming there is something to test.

There are still quite a few pilots out there.. But very few from that "quite a few" use their voices in places where devs might listen. Maybe this is why virtually nothing been as thoroughly sidelined as a source of conquest as GSF. Currently, it takes 90 mins to earn in GSF what you get in 12 mins via planetary missions for example.

Even if there were no other reasons to be vocal about GSF on Test server/Test forums, , at least it'd remind devs of our continued existence.Since Michael Backus has apparently left the dev team (F :( ), I'm not sure if any of them really 'get' GSF, or pay attention to its status.. They need help with this. Lest, it only natural they'll just half arse all of the GSF stuff.

Very real example of the half arsing: So far, they have given one example of a buff to conquest in GSF:

Starfighter: <Ship> Eternal is now worth 2,200 points (up from 600).

Whoever was busy coming up with this prolly never even noticed how this objective is only available 1-3 times a year. It is utterly irrelevant if that gets nerfed or buffed. Only objectives that truly matter are the ones present each week. I have a feeling that if we are quiet enough, they either half arse or forget GSF again. So could we please help them out? We could test stuff, brainstorm stuff. Come up with fun daily objectives for GSF. This is a valid opportunity to actually influence and improve a massive reward system that interconnects all the varied playstyles of TOR; GSF included.

]

Edit,

Test Center is live now!!

Official 6.1.4 feedback thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=984517

Edited by Stradlin

I still can't even find a guild dedicated to GSF, and I've been looking on and off for years now. There just doesn't seem to be enough people interested in it.

I love having dialogue in GSF channel, but very few people inhabit it on Satele Shan, and almost nobody in General Fleet talks about GSF in even a passing breath.

I still can't even find a guild dedicated to GSF, and I've been looking on and off for years now. There just doesn't seem to be enough people interested in it.

I love having dialogue in GSF channel, but very few people inhabit it on Satele Shan, and almost nobody in General Fleet talks about GSF in even a passing breath.

There's your problem! From what I hear, GSF community on SS is bit to the quieter side right now. Star Forge and Darth Malgus both are quite lively though.

During the Steam honeymoon period, SF had few days of 24 hr pops I hear. It is back to being a bit quieter now. Still very lively though.

Edited by Stradlin

There's your problem! From what I hear, GSF community on SS is bit to the quieter side right now. Star Forge and Darth Malgus both are quite lively though.

During the Steam honeymoon period, SF had few days of 24 hr pops I hear. It is back to being a bit quieter now. Still very lively though.

Drako's crew came and played on SS last night. They ate the other team alive, as you can imagine, and the queue died at about 10PM PST.

Drako, I know we're not going to see eye to eye on this, but I don't think it was right of you to (as you claimed, at least, you said you were recording the footage) report the other team for deliberately choosing not to respawn during that massacre. I'm not saying it's right to inhibit the game in that way (it's against the ToS, as you said), but try to see it from their perspective. You have a trap set up at both of their starting positions that they can literally do nothing about, and no matter where they choose to spawn, they die five seconds into deployment. There was no game to be had there, not even a semblance of good sport. It was a bloodbath, plain and simple. So while I don't agree with how the opposing team responded to that asswhooping, I can at least understand their frustration and why they might have elected to respond in that way, as I've been many times on the receiving end of a spanking like that.

You and your friends are great players, phenomenal even, and I respect that you take such pride in your competitive nature, but most of the players you fly against in a pub setting are nowhere near that level of skill, and 1 or 2 wolves among the sheep won't be anywhere near enough to make a match against you sporting. There's no reason you guys need to fly so hard against the average Bob to the point where it kills any desire for them to keep playing, because they know it's just more of the same, lambs to the slaughter.

Basically what I'm saying is...go easy on people. Make it fun and sporting for them. Make them want to get better and keep queueing.

Edited by Loadsamonie