Collectors edition vendor

belizar

Last night in my guild, several of the females (edit: I mean no offence; we call men male & women female in the Marine Corps) were complaining that the dancer costumes are female only. They would love to do that to their male companions, too.

I got me thinking with the upcoming update to the vendor.

How about class exclusive gear added to the CE vendor? Satele Shan (for female Force users), Shae Vizla (for female bounty hunters), Nico Okarr (smugglers), Jace Malcom (troopers), Kao Cen Darach (male Force users), & Darth Malgus (Imperial Force users)?

If that is too much to ask for, how about the rest of Darth Nihilus gear? We have the mask, just not the rest. I get those who don't own the CE would complain; however, it is a poor argument why we can't have something epic IMO.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say we really don't need a slightly recolored Valiant jedi set. Satele's outfit would be nice though.

I understand that. I just assumed a recolored set would give CE owners a unique option is all: in-game currency versus real life currency; as I'm pretty sure whatever is added is going to cost a bit.

Really sad that Game Update 2.0 and RotHC are coming pretty soon and still no update on the CE vendor. I just have no words to explain my disappointment here. :( Just that EAWare should get their act together and place something here.

We're getting something in 1.7.2, and 2.0 is still at least a few weeks away.

Not to mention that that overpriced speeder looks like a shoebox with a couple of markers glued to the sides. I don't know why anyone would buy that. Of course, I don't know why anyone would buy a Scion either but they do.

:cool:

I would have bought it if they had a price cut so it cost 1/100,000 of what it is now. :D

It actually is going to be Tuesday I believe. Current version is 1.7.1 and the sticky says that there will be a patch download after maintenance... So unless it's 1.7.1a - then we're getting our stuff :p

But if you're looking at the pattern - a's and b's are usually emergency and unscheduled patches so. This one is a scheduled maintenance =]

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Upgraded to CE to feel myself eligible for this discussion.

As per the topic of CE vendor updates, at this time I'd be content to have a unique (i.e. no reskins in CM) full armor set added to each side of the conflict. I understand that BioWare has full prio on CM and is not going to divert what few devs they have to cater to CE owners, but a promise is a promise (see swtor.com description of CE and you'll see there's a statement, + Georg said it here) and just 2 new sets should not be that bothersome.

A unique speeder would also be very cool but I don't have high hopes for that. Oh, and maybe make existing and future armors Legacy-bound?

What I am astutely against is putting discontinued items or their schematics up on CE, that is not what it is about at all.

Edited by iFruit

I've been a sub since day 1, and hate how I can't access this vendor... I have DDE. It's really sad for me :( they really should open it up, IMO, to long time subs.

I'm also a sub since day 1 and I have CE since day 1. You should have bough CE if you want to access the vendor. Or at least you could have bough it for like 30$ later, like some of my guildies did. Opening up that vendor would be like showing middle finger to all CE owners. I'd rather we don't see any updates at all, instead of them opening it up.

It actually is going to be Tuesday I believe. Current version is 1.7.1 and the sticky says that there will be a patch download after maintenance... So unless it's 1.7.1a - then we're getting our stuff :p

But if you're looking at the pattern - a's and b's are usually emergency and unscheduled patches so. This one is a scheduled maintenance =]

Ah, yes, that is true. I guess I didn't/don't want to be too optimistic :p

I don't think they'll mistake the vendor. They'll put it on the right vendor, but mistakenly remove the CE-exlusive access check from the vendor ^^

Look what i found:

Collector’s Edition:

In addition to the items included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Collector’s Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic includes the following items.

Mouse Droid.

This mouse droid, custom-skinned for Collector’s Edition owners, serves as a faithful pet that will follow you as you make your way across the galaxy.

Collector’s Edition Store.

At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

from: http://web.archive.org/web/20111023032106/http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111021

Look what i found:

Collector’s Edition:

In addition to the items included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Collector’s Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic includes the following items.

Mouse Droid.

This mouse droid, custom-skinned for Collector’s Edition owners, serves as a faithful pet that will follow you as you make your way across the galaxy.

Collector’s Edition Store.

At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

from: http://web.archive.org/web/20111023032106/http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111021

If you'd navigate throug this thread you'd find a dozen of those here :D