BREAKING NEWS: Tauntauns Tamed as Mounts on Hoth!

CourtneyWoods

Determined efforts by zoologists on Hoth have led to the domestication of the tauntaun, an indigenous species of reptomammal that is well-adapted to the harsh, icy conditions on the planet. Until recently, the animals have proven too ill-tempered to serve as reliable mounts, with even the most docile tauntauns bucking their harnesses and throwing their riders regularly.

Read More

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And thank you for allowing the subscribers a special tauntaun mount which also costs less. Maybe this will stop the complaining that subscribers don't get anything special. (Well I can dream can' t I? lol)

you can dream but they will gripe eery chance they get. I swear bioware has some of the worst fans I am still not over how people acted to the Mass Effect 3 ending and then still wanted a whole new game even after the extended cut.

Great! I am glad Tauntauns have made their way into the game. Have been waiting for animal mounts for the longest time. Perhaps this is what is more to come? ;)

This reflects my feelings as well!!! I hope this is a wonderful start to more animal mounts, there is collection of feline and reptilian animals across the SWTOR universe in game already that would be awesome mounts.

This reflects my feelings as well!!! I hope this is a wonderful start to more animal mounts, there is collection of feline and reptilian animals across the SWTOR universe in game already that would be awesome mounts.

Reflects mine also, one of the things that I missed from star wars galaxies are mounts. Thanks Bioware!

what fanboys seem to overlook is people dont "complain" because we hate bioware. we just want good content.. and this patch is exactly what most of us are calling for. its amazing.. when bioware puts out "content" we dont want.. they get called out.. but when they actually release content up to the standard we KNOW they can produce.. they get praised. funny how that works.

I'm happy that taun tauns are available but they way they did this sucks horribly. 20 pieces of fruit no drops and too much pvp

Booooo Hiss Bioware

I agree, there are so few nests that they are camped by both factions and since the reset for the fawns is so long you'll run into an enemy faction group that will kill you if you wait.

So you have 2 choices, stay and hope no other faction group kills you while you wait for the re-spawn or travel to another nest hoping that it's not camped by enemies.

It wouldn't be so bad if the success on luring was more along the lines of 50% and not 10%...

6 camps. 3 fauns. 18 attempts.

Phase change.

18 more

Phase change

18 more....

If you're sitting at the same camp waiting you're doing it wrong and should not be complaining it takes to long. We had had as many as 5 instances of Hoth yesterday on Pot5 and that was early in prime time. Even during the day we had at least 3. Was able to farm both Tauntauns in a few hours.

6 camps. 3 fauns. 18 attempts.

Phase change.

18 more

Phase change

18 more....

If you're sitting at the same camp waiting you're doing it wrong and should not be complaining it takes to long. We had had as many as 5 instances of Hoth yesterday on Pot5 and that was early in prime time. Even during the day we had at least 3. Was able to farm both Tauntauns in a few hours.

That's odd I tried changing instance, the fawns didn't reset.

Stop the damn complain, you can get the tauntaun mount the easy way(2 mil creds) or the heavy way. If you pick the heavy way you will spend at max 60-50k creds it you are unlucky. What is wrong with you people, you want a cool thing (cool things should be expensive) and expect that bw give that thing to you free and not doing nothing.

There is some info about the Varactyl being the next mount from datamined info