Please help me

aecheonveelain

I am a founder of SWTOR, I have the CE edition of the original game. I am not super active but I love this game and will come and play for months at a time on and off.

Recently I lost access to my hotmail account.

Without my hotmail email I cannot login to the website to re-subscribe.

Without access to my account page on this website I cannot change my email.

I cannot access my hotmail because I no longer have the phone that was associated with the email.

I only ever used the email to sign up for various things like steam, swtor, and similar, I tried the self re-claim tool but I have failed to reclaim it several times, at this point I will never re-access that email account.

Without the phone I cannot access the email.

Without the email I cannot access the verification code.

Without the verification code I can't re-sub.

Without re-subbing I can't really do very much or fully play this game anymore.

I have called customer support for hotmail, swtor, and even tried to call the old number to see if the person who now owns it would help me out, but no response.

I don't want to lose my founder account and all the hard work and exclusive things it has just because I cant remember a few things and don't have access to an old phone number.

The first step would and this is the hard part is to sub on a new account if you cannot get the original phone number back. If you can get that number you then can receive the text that Hotmail will send you.

By you posting here it shows you have a new account. Customer service for swtor if you get the right one could give you new access to your account if you have enough information about your account in your head to say what your character names are or what they might have or the other security information you might know. anything could help.

But it could also hinder if you don't say the right things. Getting you Hotmail back is the biggest key and that requires the phone number. Don't call them if you know where they live. Give them a visit or just find out if the number is available and change your current number to that one.

I would love to get a hold of my starter account, but by the time I did I was too invested in the account I have now, and because I was not careful with the log on and password I lost access again. I know where you are coming form. as this is just a game but you are a founder

I lost access to a job site and they will not allow a new account since it is linked to my SSN and there is no number to call to speak with anyone to fix this as I have no longer the phone email or address to get access to the account, so I am restricted from applying for certain jobs. Now that is something I can relate to.

Keep trying, don't give up.

Cusomer service has twice refused to help me, despite the fact that I can login to the game and play.

The whole point of having protections and safeguards is to prevent account access. I already have access to the in-game account. I could delete the characters or spam racial slurs and get the account banned if I wanted to do it harm, but I just wanna give EA money and play the game but they apparently don't want that lol.

Cusomer service has twice refused to help me, despite the fact that I can login to the game and play.

The whole point of having protections and safeguards is to prevent account access. I already have access to the in-game account. I could delete the characters or spam racial slurs and get the account banned if I wanted to do it harm, but I just wanna give EA money and play the game but they apparently don't want that lol.

So you can log in to the game and play, on the founder account? If this is the case, did you ring CS, or just send in a ticket? If you rang, and they won't help, make sure you know what rep you are talking to,then ask to speak to a manager, , if you get no help there, you could always PM eric musco or Dan steel, as they are 'community' managers (I believe, but could be wrong).

I would call customer service again, and offer them all the information you can, like your name, your addy, your old email addy and explain that it was lost because you didn't use it. They also have the security questions, five of them, if memory serves, and I think they keep track of the answers, so you could try that route...the key is to convince them it's really you, so you must give them as much as you can to prove its really you. My husband had a similar issue a few years back and he managed to get things resolved through customer service. If the agent you get won't or can't help, don't hesitate to ask for their supervisor. There was a nice guy in Ireland that was very effective when we called.

As a founder also, you should have the original box disc which came with a serial number that should be tied to account which can be found in account settings on the SWTOR site.

You could most likely use this with your name and DOB as long as there isn't a debit/credit card attached unless you have the card to hand and could verify it.

With these details CS should be able to overlook the fact of the email but still is on discretion.

Don't think the call center is there anymore, last few dealings I had sounded very much like outsourced call centers in india :/

That's a shame. When we called about my hubby's account, I think it was about four years ago, thereabouts. It took us a while, but they were quite good about sorting things out...but we did have to talk to a supervisor. The lady trying to help us, I think was new and didn't quite know how to help us at first.

I think DarthSealth's suggestion is a good one, with the serial number on the packaging and whatnot and Denavin's idea with trying to sort things with Eric's help.

Edited by Lunafox

Try changing the email on your account on swtor.com to a new email you haven't used on swtor.com or ea.com and see if the email can be sent there to the new email.

In order to login to the website I need to provide a 1-time verifcation code they email me. I cannot access my email.

Also how do I PM this Eric Musco guy? What platform? Here? Facebook? Discord?

In order to login to the website I need to provide a 1-time verifcation code they email me. I cannot access my email.

I doubt Eric can help with account issues unrelated to forums but I may be wrong.

Truthfully keep pursuing CS, engage and be honest with the information you do and don't have.

E.g. State you can not access the email address tied to the account but give the email as proof, use your serial number from the box tied to your account when you originally made the account, give them any details you may have put on your account, try to offer the account name, have any payment details to hand and offer to answer any security questions.

In my humble pie of an opinion it would be far easier to recover the email address.

yeah I definitely don't have that anymore, sorry.

That's extremely silly I own two copies of the game, both pre-orders one is an unopened CE and the other is just the normal deluxe edition which I used on this account I never throw stuff like that away or lose it. Especially when it's part of a collection.

Fun fact: it came with a 30 days and I also bought 60 day gametime code card, when I got back into the game I still had the 60 days sealed in the thin case it came in up in the loft which I used.

On the forums page at the top is your Log in name. To the left of it there is a little down arrow that opens up a menu.

Open the Menu and select "Private Messages" and send to: EricMusco.

He is the SWToR Community Manager and he may be able to help you.

Be polite and give him all the information you have including all correspondence.