Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an email stating:

You will receive an email notifying you when the transfer to The Harbinger is complete.

however no email has been received but the transfer is complete on the character transfer history & there is no pending transfer message in my account page.

Minor problem, maybe:

Got a level 15 operative(my guinea pig :D ), started transfer from Dalb to Harb, got to second page, it said I had mail?

So logged out of that went to Dalb, she was there with no mail.. strange. Note I hadn't logged her in since the "collections" update I don't think, got a note that she got stuff put in collections.

Went back to transfer page, after quitting out of game, still says I have mail.... weird.

:rak_02:

EDIT: Transfer completed successfully, got all my Legacy Stuff from Dalb, level/purchases/earned on Dalb on Harb now. Strange thing is I got the Harb legacy name.. but thats ok...

Edited by Roalmo

Game crash's when i selected The Harbinger, where i transfer 2 of my toons. The transfer history says complete on both transfers.

EDIT: Crash on selecting any NA server. Cannot get to the character selection page.

Edited by Blitz-wing

Hey Obirayy,

Although I am not discounting that this could be a problem with transfers, I want to be sure of that before I forward it on. First, remember that transfers can take up to one hour to complete and I would imagine there is quite a volume of transfers happening right now. During the transfer process you will be unable to access your characters, and they will not show up on the destination server, both are as you described. I would give it up to its hour for the transfer to go through and if you are still having this issue, please let us know.

-eric

Ok. it's been over an hour and still stuck at the same point as before. It does say transfer still in progress.

so I guess the problem I'm having is that it's stuck trying to transfer or the transfers are taking more than an hour

EDIT: I remember having this problem on the PTS but I would just keep spamming transfer until it worked but with this transfer the characters are locked after one attempt. So this could possibly be a bug from before that was never mentioned

Edited by Obirayy

Transferred 2 characters from Gav Daragon to Harbinger, 1st character transferred perfect name not taken.

The 2nd character, wasn't so lucky, oh well, but what I'm concerned about it did not give me a option to change the name, I was given a random name like: NXIGPCGSPEJISBM

I hope it will work it self out, so I dont have to spend 1000 cartel coins to change it to a proper name again.:mad:

so ive been trying to transfer for the past 2 hrs now I have no "Locked" characters so that's not my problem whats happening on my end is its "Checking" for the 30mins+ then I come back from afk and im logged out of my account page I log back in and it brings me to My SWTOR page so I go back to my account and go the character transfer and im back at square one start the xfer sit and watch CHECKING for 30mins+ then get logged out on the website....

So i was trying to transfer and i was like stuck on the Checking page. I waited and then i think it kind of timed out. It asked me to login again so i did. After login in, i got a white page with this:

{"status":true,"data":"","settings":{"ahah":null}}

After getting that, i tried transferring a different character and had no problems. So i guess it is only happening to 1 of my character. Please fix this :)

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that your free transfers are now open! In order to transfer your character, follow these steps:

• Go to your “My Account” page by clicking on your username in the top right corner of SWTOR.com
  • On the left hand side, scroll down to Character Transfer
  • Once there, select your current APAC server and then the character you wish to transfer
  • Now select your destination server (where you want to move your character to)
  • Press the transfer button

One thing to keep in mind is that any characters which you do not transfer will be moved as a part of the APAC server consolidations as follows:

• Dalborra -> The Harbinger
  • Master Dar’Nala -> The Bastion
  • Gav Daragon -> Bergeren Colony

Server consolidations will happen in approximately 60 days, more info to follow. Thanks!

-eric

If we wait for server consolidation do we have a chance at keeping our character names?

So i was trying to transfer and i was like stuck on the Checking page. I waited and then i think it kind of timed out. It asked me to login again so i did. After login in, i got a white page with this:

{"status":true,"data":"","settings":{"ahah":null}}

After getting that, i tried transferring a different character and had no problems. So i guess it is only happening to 1 of my character. Please fix this :)

im getting this aswell have been trying to xfer my main toon maybe il try another

Transferred 2 characters from Gav Daragon to Harbinger, 1st character transferred perfect name not taken.

The 2nd character, wasn't so lucky, oh well, but what I'm concerned about it did not give me a option to change the name, I was given a random name like: NXIGPCGSPEJISBM

I hope it will work it self out, so I dont have to spend 1000 cartel coins to change it to a proper name again.:mad:

Me and my husband have gotten this bug as well with a couple of our characters.

Also have the issue with our main characters being locked as we copied them to the PTS ages ago.

So far have transferred 2 toons off Dalb., 1 had the change name needed triangle and goofy name, I clicked on play and a box popped up allowing me to change the name.

Have you tried the old reboot computer/repair BS? Who knows might help.

Ok I am having the naming problem. Two of my characters were moved only to end up with gibberish as their name. I had one transfer that is asking me to change the name. What do I do about this? I want this fixed asap, if I can?

Thanks.

Ok I am having the naming problem. Two of my characters were moved only to end up with gibberish as their name. I had one transfer that is asking me to change the name. What do I do about this? I want this fixed asap, if I can?

Thanks.

If it gives you the pop-up box that asked you to enter a new name... just enter a new name, your name is taken on that server.

If you have the gibberish name and no pop-up box comes up, when you click play on that toon, the CS has been asking peeps to send an in game ticket.