Disappointed by the Dark Side ending...

easamisleh

I didn't want any spoilers so I never looked up if the Dark Side ending for the Jedi Knight would be worth it. It's not. I'm still the same character just not a master. It's pretty disappointing. And now I feel like I can't change it going into the Expansions. This is my first toon reaching level 70 and completing the class story line. And damn I should've just been a light side guy, because now I want to go through the expansion as a Jedi...or at least a grey Jedi. And I know it might not completely matter since I still get the same gear and what not, but I love the story, really into it. And I'd like my character to be cool for me. So now I'm wondering, what should I do? Should I change everything about my character at the end of the game? Will I ever be a Jedi master? Or should I create a new Jedi Knight toon and go through the same story again and just skip everything but the class missions. I don't know. I just feel disappointed. If anyone could give me some suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Actually it made sense not to be a master when you chose the dark side but from everything I heard yea they changed it when people didn't want the consequences for their choices.

Luckily the only one that haven't changed (as yet) is the Consular ending.

Actually it made sense not to be a master when you chose the dark side but from everything I heard yea they changed it when people didn't want the consequences for their choices.

Luckily the only one that haven't changed (as yet) is the Consular ending.

Huh alright. That's not really a problem than I guess. I just don't know if switching to light for the expansions and having my alighnment thing all wonky afterwards would be worth it.

Quite honestly, I think they let "Dark Jedi" off way too easy.

There's nothing wrong with exploring that type of character, hell, it's pretty friggen cool if you ask me!

I just kinda feel if they were gonna basically let a player get away with even untold amounts of evil and Darksidery [Yes,I just made up a word =] ] it really makes the entire thing have that much less merit. I think it would have been much cooler and more realistic if a Jedi who falls fully to the darkside and is not turned back to the light would than be able to join the Empire and have a class switched to it's Sith mirror class counter-part.

As is, the Jedi Council tolerates unrepentant mass murderers, rapists, thieves and extortionists among their ranked and allows them to continue to serve the Republic as Jedi Knights. They might as well allow them to become Jedi Masters, at least as Jedi Masters they could keep a closer eye on them and have them more limited contact with people outside the order. Jedi Knights are all over the place and have no supervision while they are out functioning as Jedi Knights.

I get that they don't want to piss off paying customers by allowing serious and realistic ramifications for failed Jedi. But at the same time it is so silly, so ludicrous as to really make a mockery of the Jedi Order. They should have just made it so Jedi didn't have the same options to insure by way of Lightside or Darkside choices that they wouldn't fall completely, or simply write into the storyline itself a forced "returning to the light" by way of choice options.

Same thing with 'Lightside" Sith operating as such openly and knowingly in the Empire. Stupid as hell in my opinion.

Even the Jedi don't allow fallen Knights that have gone over to the Darkside and cannot be turned back to the Light survive. If they turned back at the last minute in the storyline, okay, that works ok than, even makes for a more engaging and gritty story.

Only real ramification for being an unrepentant Dark Jedi being that you can't get the 'Jedi Master' Title. That's nothing, that's pointless, that's a slap on the wrist and just plain silly. You should be executed if within the reach of the Jedi Council and those that serve them and the Order.

To the OP - Unless there has been some change I am unaware of, you will never be able to get the Jedi Master title now.

If the did change it, as some of the other posters have suggested, that makes it even more dumb as hell. That entire storyline becomes pointless and ridiculous.

There should be serious ramifications,subscriber or not [sure there should be fair warning about what will happen if you play it through til the end without repentance and turning back to the light before the storyline comes to the end]. Dark Jedi, should not be serving the Republic or be sanctioned by the Jedi council and the Order. Just plain dumb.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Quite honestly, I think they let "Dark Jedi" off way too easy.

There's nothing wrong with exploring that type of character, hell, it's pretty friggen cool if you ask me!

I just kinda feel if they were gonna basically let a player get away with even untold amounts of evil and Darksidery [Yes,I just made up a word =] ] it really makes the entire thing have that much less merit. I think it would have been much cooler and more realistic if a Jedi who falls fully to the darkside and is not turned back to the light would than be able to join the Empire and have a class switched to it's Sith mirror class counter-part.

As is, the Jedi Council tolerates unrepentant mass murderers, rapists, thieves and extortionists among their ranked and allows them to continue to serve the Republic as Jedi Knights. They might as well allow them to become Jedi Masters, at least as Jedi Masters they could keep a closer eye on them and have them more limited contact with people outside the order. Jedi Knights are all over the place and have no supervision while they are out functioning as Jedi Knights.

I get that they don't want to piss off paying customers by allowing serious and realistic ramifications for failed Jedi. But at the same time it is so silly, so ludicrous as to really make a mockery of the Jedi Order. They should have just made it so Jedi didn't have the same options to insure by way of Lightside or Darkside choices that they wouldn't fall completely, or simply write into the storyline itself a forced "returning to the light" by way of choice options.

Same thing with 'Lightside" Sith operating as such openly and knowingly in the Empire. Stupid as hell in my opinion.

Even the Jedi don't allow fallen Knights that have gone over to the Darkside and cannot be turned back to the Light survive. If they turned back at the last minute in the storyline, okay, that works ok than, even makes for a more engaging and gritty story.

Only real ramification for being an unrepentant Dark Jedi being that you can't get the 'Jedi Master' Title. That's nothing, that's pointless, that's a slap on the wrist and just plain silly. You should be executed if within the reach of the Jedi Council and those that serve them and the Order.

To the OP - Unless there has been some change I am unaware of, you will never be able to get the Jedi Master title now.

If the did change it, as some of the other posters have suggested, that makes it even more dumb as hell. That entire storyline becomes pointless and ridiculous.

There should be serious ramifications,subscriber or not [sure there should be fair warning about what will happen if you play it through til the end without repentance and turning back to the light before the storyline comes to the end]. Dark Jedi, should not be serving the Republic or be sanctioned by the Jedi council and the Order. Just plain dumb.

Very true. I would've even enjoyed something like, they put the dark Jedi in a prison and you have to escape. Literally anything but, "Your time will come." I guess I can play on light side now...but it's still gonna mess up my alignment I worked so hard on. Ugh.