The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

sometimes old low enhancements a better for min-max your stats

sometimes people do not have credits enough to rip off modes just now and here :-)

HM TfB guild run, sawbones wins offhand on Kephess The Undying, rips everything out of old offhand but crystal and augment as group runs off towards Terror. Sawbones closes up shop and runs after them. Sawbones proceeds to heal Terror without barrel, mod or enhancement in offhand. Group wipes after healer gets pulled into vortex despite rolling away from it as fast as possible. Still does not put stuff into offhand. Group wipes again when someone gets too close to adds. Sawbones escapes combat when leader calls wipe, so no long ride back, but still does not put mods back into offhand... What an idiot. After a few more wipes, Terror is dead. Finally sawbones turns in quest and goes back to ship. That was when I finally noticed I messed up (I was the sawbones) I apologize in ops chat and in guild chat for my mistake. I just didn't want the group waiting on me and figured I would do it before the pull, but somehow just forgot.

Looked at uploaded logs and I still did more hps and ehps than the other Sage healer (of course Sage’s don’t get credits for the bubbles), couldn’t help with the wipe where I got pulled in, but I figure the other wipes were my fault as I may have been able to heal the group through the other mistakes.

Sometimes people just do silly things just because they make a stupid mistake, even when they are trying to do what is right by the group.

So I am the weirdest person I have seen in group play or in group finder. :p

Edited by mikebevo

i saw couple of times people who when f.e. arkanian boots drops they strangly have 61s mods in them end rest of gear mix of 69/72.

or story from yesterday,not gf but pug toboro. fury drooped mainhand we roled ,some guy won,got loot ,but when i inspected him he had no mods in his mainhand,

People in this game go to strange lengths to got loot, forgetin they didn't solo killed boss,but that was team effort .

That's why its better to have free roll rather than need on pug runs - so ppl don't have to gimp their gear for fear of not getting drops due to not "needing".

they strangly have 61s mods in them end rest of gear mix of 69/72

Assuming that by "mods" you don't mean mods specifically, but enhancements and armorings too, there is nothing strange about it.

If the 72 enhancement has bad stats in it (the most obvious but not the only example would be a piece of "tank" gear with alacrity on it) then even a 61 enhancement can be much better.

Likewise there are specs for whom 61 armorings with set bonus are much better than 72 armorings without set bonus.

And so on...

I find it much more strange that there are people who don't use the low level stuff when it is better.

Edited by Eternalnight

Sometimes people just do silly things just because they make a stupid mistake, even when they are trying to do what is right by the group.

So I am the weirdest person I have seen in group play or in group finder. :p

on Sunday running HM55 Hummer station as a healer i totally forgot about cleansing the tank of stucking debuff from frist boss - the big robo

we wiped 3 times because of me!!!

nobody remind me and it just slipped my mind :-(

I play tanks. I've had long discussions both offline and here on the forums about tank and DPS roles as I try to understand the whys behind the mechanics of kill order for both. I understand that tanks have different styles, and I'm willing to roll with that (now) if it works.

I know usually the stories are of bad DPS or bad healers...so let's share one of a bad tank.

So I'm leveling a Sentinel and random into SM Mandalorian Raiders. I'd skipped the Levels 20-36 flashpoints every other time I'd leveled a character, so this was my first time in it despite having a handful of then level 50s (pre 2.0). I mention off the bat it was my first time in but that I was an experienced player and to please let me know if I should be doing something differently.

Halfway through, I'm doing what I think I'm supposed to be doing and burning down mooks (and protecting the healer) while the Tank is taking the strongest guy in the mob, and the Tank decides to absolutely light into me for not attacking what he's attacking. Stunned, I adjusted then decided to apologize rather than being That Sentinel with "Sorry, I know tanks all have their own style, but the tanks I run with have the DPS attacking mooks" (which is how I prefer tanking), and he snaps back, "Then you play with bad tanks." o.O So I say, "I play a tank." He says, "You're welcome."

I did what he asked, but we wiped so many times during the fight against the four Imperial classes that it was only later that I realized this was a strong case of pot. kettle. black. And a jerkface to boot.

Edited by AlixMV

A few days ago...

I queue up. A few minutes later the queue pops and I get [Hard Mode] Mandalorian Raiders. Get inside and see that it is a Guild group and I'm the odd one out. I greet everyone and off we go.

We get to the Imperial Boarding Party with no issues. I ask what the kill order is since it is a guild group and they might do things differently. Tank says "Agent > Sorceror > Bounty Hunter and kill Marauder last". I do a double-take and warn that the Marauder should die first as he leaps about all over the place and will end up killing the healer. Tank says they have done this before and know what they are doing. I say "OK" and off we go. 1 Wipe later I again say that maybe we should kill the Marauder first. The healer now insists that they know what they are doing. Off we go again. 1 Wipe later I ask if they are willing to try something crazy and kill the Marauder first and then follow the kill order. There is a moment of silence, (I'm guessing they were discussing it in Vent or something), and the Tank says, "OK. We will try it your way, but if we wipe again we are going to kick you." I guess in their minds it would prove that I was "the problem". Off we go again. The tank holds aggro on the other 3 while the other DPS and I mowed down the Marauder, then "Agent > Sorceror > Bounty Hunter". Yay. We won. (I shrugged it off. My guess is that only the tank had done that before and been told to tank the other 3 so he never realized that the Marauder was being killed first. Whatever.)

On we go. We get to the bonus boss. I type in party "remember to move away from the boss when he gets the red circle under him and don't stand with your back to space as he does a knockback". Noone else says anything. Fight starts and we one shot him. Good stuff.

Final boss. Engage. Varad jumps to 1st corner, I attack a turret. Realize I am alone and go to move to other turret. Noone else is attacking the turrets: tank and DPS are on the boss. I warn "attack the turrets". They ignore me. Boss jumps to next corner. We get the flame debuff, 4 turrets open fire on the group. Wipe. Run back. I explain that we should kill the turrets before hitting the boss again or he will put a debuff on us that will increase the turret damage and jump to the next corner activating another pair of turrets and that they will kill us, as had just happened. Tank says they have done this before and know what they are doing. Deja vu. I mention that we have had this discussion before and that I was right before, would they mind trying it my way first before we have another wipe. Silence (probably them on Vent again). They agree to try my way. Engage. Kill turrets. Hit boss. Kill turrets. Hit boss. Kill turrets. Kill boss. Yay. We won.

Healer activates the console. Flashpoint completes. We roll on the loot. I say "bye guys. see you around.". They port out without a word.

Weird.

/shrug

Here's an "I'm the weird one" story:

My first flashpoint ever was story mode Mandalorian Raiders. I had my Sage queued as a healer, and did fine on that for the most part. Then we got to the four Imperials and started wiping. The second or third time, someone asked me to CC one and, hopelessly lost, I asked what a CC was. When they explained, I insisted I didn't have any such move.

After asking if I bought all my skills (I did), it took the group a couple of minutes to look up what it was called.

I said "Oh, Force Lift? I thought that was useless" (because why would you ever want to heal an enemy?), apologized, got it out, and we beat them easily on the next try.

Thankfully, I've improved a lot since then.

Oh, and running Esseles on my gunslinger, we got a DPS who was a "Jedi Knight", no advanced class, and needed on (and won) a Cunning piece I actually did need.

I probably should have made an effort to ask why before kicking him. Then again, I was playing a dark side toon.

Edited by obliminator

So, this happened just yesterday as of this post. I'm playing a level 19 operative, either healer or dps (Field respec), and I queue for hammer station. Couple minutes later, the queue pops, and, to nobody's great surprise, I'm healing. The group is comprised of two assassins, levels 15 and 17, a Sniper, 23, and me, op healer, 19.

We all zone in, and I inspect everyone's gear (It's a habit of mine). The sniper is wearing a mix of greens and orange quality items, which is ok. The one assassin, level 15, and the "Tank" of the group, is wearing what looks like mostly stuff he got on Korriban, and a focus. Alright, I thought. He's gonna be a bit tough to heal. The level 17 assasin has only four pieces of gear equipped: Customizable chestpiece, customizable legs, green boots, and a Cartel Market saber with no modifications at all.

After the first mob, I ask him why he's wearing almost nothing. He says that "I purchased some level 28 gear early." I just leave it at that. He dies during the second pull, due to me trying to not die myself, due to the tank and sniper having tunnel vision, and me trying to stay alive. He then disconnects. We finish the mob, and I try to initiate a vote to kick him from the group. It fails, due to lack of votes. I then tell the "Tank" to go into Dark Charge, and he complies.

We move on, and thanks to the sniper, take the shortcut to the first boss. The sniper pulls out her Kaliyo, but the companion stays on the ledge overlooking the boss area. We engage the boss, and I find out that this "Tank" is squishy as anything I've ever seen. Eventually, at about 50% of the boss's health, he dies. I've run out of energy just trying to keep this guy alive. So, now the Sniper is both DPS and Tank. It is a much smoother experience, and we manage to kill the boss.

We move on again, making it through all trash mobs until about right before the second boss. Again, I initiate a vote kick, and this time, it works. We get a new dps, a level 19 assassin, who turns out to be an actual "Tank." This one actually has a shield generator. So, the second boss passes without incident. As I am not being attacked, I can keep everyone healed, and though the kill order is thrown completely in the trash, it was quite easy.

We then go through the last amount of trash mobs, and I begin to notice something very interesting. Both shadows open with Whirlwind, and then proceed to break the cc'd mob out of it. Dang you, imp version of force breach. So, we get to the last boss.

I tell everyone that the tank needs to turn the boss away from the group. The tank responds by turning him about 90 degrees away. Ok, I thought. I can live with this. I am the target of the adds every time, and I just carbine burst them to death each time. We kill the boss without incident, but, I have to say, though it was a successful flashpoint, it was filled with some of the newbiest players I have ever grouped with.

And one last note: Never underestimate a good healer. They can mean the difference between a wipe and a kill. And I mean that in the most non-conceited way possible.:p

I love reading these. I've got another to add unfortunately.

After months of running my Guardian in Vigilance form and not getting queues to pop fast enough for me to gear him, I decided to switch for the Defense tree. No problem there since I've used him to tank before but not often. So I got him fully geared after a wk or so make Armorings, Mods, Earpieces etc on my other toons.

So Thursday I'm ready to go. 1st run was a test run, so I ran level 50 HMs, maybe 2, to get into the swing of things. Went off without a hitch. (I was nervous because I only Tank on my Shadow mostly)

So I decide to queue for level 55 HM. I'm wiping up trash mobs with no real issues. I may lose aggro for a moment but I've saved all my taunts just in case. Only issue was the healer would aggro the mobs to keep things going fast paced. Well, he was with a guild mate so I figured it wouldn't be so bad and it actually wasn't.

Next run, Athiss. This is where the issue comes into play. We have a Guardian DPS, a Sage Healer and a Smuggler all from the same guild. I say hey to everybody. 1 person responds. No issues. As we're going I ask if we're picking up bonus. Only person responds, so I keep going and proceed to mow down every trash mob I see. We get to a point where things got sticky but no one dies...The guardian Saber threw before me and got aggro and I got it back but the mob was spread so I notice the dps taking more damage. Whatever, I adjust and throw guard on dps while fighting. Because I didn't want to wipe I tell them to CC golds (the fat elite Sorcs). The first time they do and we do well. I mark the next one say CC marked target. They ignore me. Whatever no one died. I say cc marked again and this time it's the 2 Sorcs standing on opposite sides. They ignore me. This time Slinger dies and the Guardian is close to dying. Meanwhile I'm fighting the furthest gold and the guardian is fighting the one I asked to be CC'd. :mad: We get through it and I ask them to CC gold again. lolnope. At least they listened when I told them to wait while I kited boss to the cave lol.

Fast forward to the tomb fights. Being impatient they try running past the Sorcs/Assassins and aggro the warriors. This happened twice lol. You would think they would wait for tank because the guardians health was dropping quickly. Whatever. In the end, we struggled through the boss with only the Slinger dying from standing in the purple circles even tho I'd kite to another side every time the circles appeared.

For my first time tanking on my Guardian in 2.0+ I felt I did well. Now to move on to my PowerTech :D

[...]

..we haven't been in the same fp, have we?

Man, but there are unfortunately a lot of fps in the lower levels that are exactly like that. I had almost the same experience. Spend 10 minutes persuading an assassin tank to put in dark charge, him dying in the boss fighting so that I, a sniper, had to tank, assa tanks opening with a CC and attacking the CC'd mob.. and so on.

but this happens a lot. I mean, me tanking. It's quite annoying. I know, they don't have their taunts yet and all that, but wow, in the one fp where you have to fight against four guys with the different classes the tank did everything aside from tanking. No, wait, he didn't really do anything. I don't know, it was so weird. They started attacking the heal and we told him to get them off of the heal (since we decided on a kill order and concentrating on one), so I had no other choice than to pull them off the healer.. we managed to beat them though I was dead of course.

I just can't understand why some people don't read the chat. Can't they read? No, they can. Don't they pay attention to the chat? How? I mean.. you see it. It's so obvious. Why don't the react to instructions or tips? Do they want to die? I just don't get it.

Edited by abokado

..we haven't been in the same fp, have we?

I don't know. If you're on the Ebon Hawk server and had a level 23 sniper, there's a chance. I was a level 19 operative named Driarda. Ring any bells?

(I know there's a very slim chance that we actually were in the same fp, but your display name reminded me of the sniper's ingame name, which I've forgotten.)

I once ran The Foundry in a PUG featuring a tank who did not know what guard was. The Foundry becomes available in the group finder at what, level 35 or something? How do you make it through all of the flash points up to The Foundry without at least one person questioning why you don't cast guard on the healer? I didn't even notice until we wiped on HK. Fortunately, I was able to drop a trainer holo down and he bought guard so we could finish. This wasn't a big deal for me because even though he wasn't a very good tank, he was a NICE tank and open to suggestions. I'd rather PUG with him again than this next guy.

I once ran Boarding Party with my sister and we picked up two more in a PUG. The tank was completely in love with himself. We all wanted to do bonuses, but he would just walk on by saying he wasn't interested in them. He didn't care what we wanted. The DPS my sister and I picked up in the PUG casually mentioned that he was spec'd for healing. The tank immediately tried to kick the DPS out of the group on grounds that he would rather have a better DPS. No one else voted to kick him. Boarding Party is a pretty laid back FP, in my opinion, so we were just playing it rather casually. At one point my sister accidentally broke my CC. No one said anything except Queen Tank who decided to call my sister "mentally challenged" because she accidentally broke a CC on a trash mob in a story mode flash point. This was the final straw, and we all unanimously booted the tank after that fight. We only had to wait a few minutes for a replacement, fortunately for us.

Booting a tank always comes with potentially having to wait up to an hour for a replacement. They're rarest members of the group finder, and they know this. Some of them abuse their position to act like divas and pretend they're better than the rest of the group. Fat egos are the one thing I hate about PUGs. If you're not playing the game for FUN then uninstall, please. Thanks.

Had a SM Athiss run tonight with a level 26 Sentinel. Athiss is a level 20 FP; 26 is the absolute maximum level you can get thrown into it. So, you'd think a Sentinel with a 6-level advantage would be tearing stuff to shreds, right?

This guy. Me (Commando Healer), the tank, and the other DPS (Guardian in Shien) would mow down every other thing in each pack of mobs. Then you'd turn and see the Sentinel still whacking at a single Standard-difficulty mob which was at about half health.

I started paying more attention to him (because healing SM Athiss is like zZzzZzzZz). He would start each fight by Force Leaping onto a Standard enemy (like the Hunters, or the spitting beasts at the beginning). Then he would just... sit there. Every 4-5 seconds his lightsabers would swing; then he would just stop and sit in his "idle" animation for another 4-6 seconds. Then swing again.

So, in the time it took the rest of us to kill 1 Elite + 2 Strongs + 1 Standard (etc.), he would get about halfway through a single Standard mob that was 6 levels below him. It was... kind of cute, in a weird way. I can't imagine how solo missions must be for him.

On Boss fights he would leap to the boss, then sit there (including through stuff on the ground) doing the same slow, long-delay attack pattern. We explained the Prophet fight, but when the Fires came after him he just sat there, spun in a circle a few times, ran back and forth in a small haphazard zig-zag, then just sat there (panicking?) while I spam-healed him through it.

We cleared the FP no problem (It's SM Athiss.) and I didn't say anything because I just didn't feel like getting into a long discussion of game mechanics or who-knows-what he needed explained to him. But it was very odd to watch.

Edited by SW_display_name

FPs always go well when someone queues for tank who plays DPS and someone else queues for healer but only uses weak AoE attacks.

Always trust your instincts and leave at the beginning instead of sticking around for over and hour and ending with all broken equipment and no drops.

oh pugs...

*SNIP*.

It's possible he hadn't bought any new skills since Tyon, or was trying to do a rotation he didn't have all the abilities for.

I have a few stories, but I'll only share one. I'm currently leveling a tank spec Guardian, and while I can't hotkey very well (I'm a lefty :p ) I can get through most any sm fp, and the majority of end-game FPs (she's 52 as I write this). While most of my stories are just newbs needing things they shouldn't, one still stands out to me.

I had just gotten into Melstrom Prison, and, being in the early 40 levels, figured this would be an easy run. The Sage DPS was way over geared, with around 14K health (on Maelstrom!), the other DPS was fine, and the Sage Healer was okay for his level.

We got through the first boss fine. The Sage DPS tended to rush ahead, but he was over geared and was fine. However, once we got to the Cyborg guy, problems,started popping up. I wasn't over geared for my level, but I was way above level for this FP. I was dodging the cyborg guy (you know, ducking behind the wall,or whatever), while the Sage goes and stands in front of him, beating down the Cyborg. No one died, so I was just, "meh."

After proceeding forward, the healer started having issues, the Sage DPS was moving around a lo, constantly leaving the healers casting range. When the healer points this out, the Sage DPS gets very defensive, telling the healer he should move around, "he has legs". Wanting to stop the argument, I tried to diffuse the situation, to no avail. They argued all the way up to the bonus boss.

While we didn't have a single wipe, the Sage DPS made a lot of other remarks, and was overall just a d***. I put him on /ignore and moved on, after sending the Healer a few apologies, and telling him how much of a jerk the DPS had been.

Since I have 3 complaint posts in this thread I thought I'd post a good example of a FP run for a change.

Had a HM Athiss before work this morning. Me on my Shadow tanking, a Sage healer, a Sentinel and a Commando.

Every pull was perfect. I'd go up and CC an Elite (no one gave me crap about these being easy fights so there is no need for a CC as often happens) and position myself for the pull and everything is smooth running. Each. And. Every. Pull.

Kited the big akk dog boss to the cave, healer followed and DPS were waiting patiently and no issues.

Killed the bonus boss. They asked me where I wanted them and where I'd tank. I walked to the wall, put my back to it and they hopped on the opposite side of me. Again, fight went without a hitch. No aggro pulls from the Sentinel or Commando and no picking up stray mobs.

Healer kept my health above 70%, if not higher, for most of the encounters. In fact, I don't recall any of the other DPS dropping below a certain percentage either.

Last boss, which some people have issues with (including me when I heal it) again...my health stayed above 70%n and I even asked the healer how he made it look so easy lol. He lol'd of course in between heals. I didn't even have to heal after the fight was done. I was fully topped off. So were the dps and the healer.

There was 1 issue, tho not an issue really. I always select greed when loot drops unless I know someone else needs it then I select pass. Well I selected greed and probably got like 4 loot drops. I felt like I was being greedy so I offered it to them but no one needed it.

All in all, one of the best runs I've had. Thanks to the group I ran with on Jedi Covenant this morning.

Edited by VigDiath

Last night I got the itch to tank. I qued for a 55 HM FP and Mando Raiders popped. One of the dps was kind enough to pass lead over to me (without asking). I popped on the ready check and got the green light. The FP was going quickly and smoothly. We get to the first boss; ready check goes out, ready check comes back green. I pull. I was never below 75% health and the dps where never below 90%. Things were good. Then I killed the boss before the dogs were killed (dps where not attacking boss). I think to myself, I am a Shadow, I am OP :cool: we move on.

Moving through this FP the trash is going smoothly. I am grouping it and keeping it coming. The dps is AoE'ing at the right times and targeting the right adds. I am happy, they are happy. Then we get to that one room with the turrets in the middle that you can skip by going around to the right side. All but one member of the group makes the jump and we wait for a bit for him/her. This player is obviously having trouble. I walk back and tell the player to "jump to me" (This player is a Guardian, Guardian Leap = EZ mode). Well, what does this player do!? He/She backs up, walks up the ramp and trys to jump from a higher point to the place where I am standing....................well, not so great because the room was pulled. I think to myself, "I should have been more clear, my fault". This room was our nastiest pull resulting in a couple deaths. Luckily the healer was up to the challenge and had a Combat Res on me the instant I died. I was up and me and the Guardian cleaned up resulting in a No-wipe.

Moving on to the second encounter, I ask if everyone knows the order to kill the boss's in. There is no response so I pop the ready check. I get the green light! Then I notice someone is marking the adds, I wait for the person to finish and the healer makes a quick kill x then y comment. I pull, position and am good to go. Part way through the healer tells the "Jedi" to stop attacking a certain add (We had a Commando and Guardian for dps). The dps switches and the fight goes off without a hitch.

Moving along through the rest of the instance was smooth. Then we came to the bonus boss. Someone makes the comment to go on the wing and I decline (I thought the had patched that on live, but I guess test is the one with the fix). This isn't a difficult fight to tank if I am against a wall. We pull....tanking is great, healing is great and the dps are not taking damage. Then I get hit like a friggin truck and loose 75% of my health.......now I am dead. I quickly check the buffs on the boss and sure enough he enraged :mad: ! Since both dps where attacking the whole time, I make a quick inspection of them. The Commando's gear is right along with his cell. Then I go to the Guardian.....His gear is of a good level, but his right side is dps stats and his left side are tanking stats. I see his main hand is a tank main hand. I can not see his off hand.

I politely ask him if he is usually a Tank or DPS (Could have qued as both to get the pop). He responds he is "usually a dps but wants to tank". He then tells me that he doesn't feel his dps gear is good enough. I explain to him that having 20 points of a dps stat is better then 60 points of a tank stat. There is no response. I hit the ready-check. Green lights and a go. I pull......

I notice the Guardian sitting off to the side not doing anything......I get worried. After a while he leaps in, pops Saber Ward and goes to town. As I watch him, I find it odd that I am not seeing Force Sweep (he is in the Focus Stance). I then notice a shield, shield a cleave :eek: ..... ok, ok not a big deal. Maybe his OH is just in a generator vs a focus. Then I see blade barricade!!! By this time I am perplexed. I type in to chat "Did you respec to tank"......no response, I type it again......nothing. The boss then resets (Bug!?). I type in one final time and ask him if he respected to tank.........he was still in the Focus Stance and not the Tank Stance.......nothing. Now I am annoyed. I start a vote kick and as I am nicely typing out a L2P note I get a vote kick notification..................someone else wanted this dude gone. I comply, before we could kick him..........he drops group!

We que and get a another dps and clear the rest in no time.

What bugs me the most is what da*** is this guy thinking!? :rak_02:

An HC on Taris.

A DPS goes into a room and pulls aggro on every mob. Typically 3 or 4 mobs in a room. Needless to say, we wipe. I explain to let the tank go first and do 1 mob at a time. This guy stays silent and runs into the next mob, mortar volleys the 2nd mob, and sticky grenades the 3rd. We wipe.

We somehow blunder through until the end and he kicks me from the group before the final objective, where I am ejected from the instance before completing the quest.

ufb.

Edited by ChrisRedmond

i saw couple of times people who when f.e. arkanian boots drops they strangly have 61s mods in them end rest of gear mix of 69/72.

or story from yesterday,not gf but pug toboro. fury drooped mainhand we roled ,some guy won,got loot ,but when i inspected him he had no mods in his mainhand,

People in this game go to strange lengths to got loot, forgetin they didn't solo killed boss,but that was team effort .

In some cases this is actually correct. For instance, if a pyrotech DPS gets a pair of 69 gloves that have crit and alacrity (alacrity is very bad for pyros) on the enhancement or even power and accuracy (but 29 power instead of the 50 something that some sets of arkanian leggings have), it's better for him to swap that enhancement out for a 26, 27 or 28 initiative enh.

I said "Oh, Force Lift? I thought that was useless" (because why would you ever want to heal an enemy?), apologized, got it out, and we beat them easily on the next try.

Ye it took mean while to figure out that it has that just so it can't be used a secondary stun. It still annoys me that when I lift something in an OP it gets 4k every second, wish my actual heals did that =D.

A few days ago, I'm on my Commando healer alt. Cademimu HM pops up. Tank is a Guardian and there are 2 Gunslingers. At the very first pull I hardly keep the tank alive and the mobs die just when we were about to wipe. Tank is either a very new player or he's main is a dps and he's on his alt. He leaps onto one mob, doesn't taunts anything, stays on that mob while the rest of the mobs slaughter the rest of us.

The second pull, the same. We barely survive. One of the gunslingers warn him to use his taunt and attack multiple targets to get aggro. We continue and not much changes. There are long pauses between trash pulls, so I assume one of the dps guys is /whisper'ing him what to do.

At some point one of the Gunslingers says he has to drop. A Vanguard dps joins. I love the class, I have one myself, very fun to play. He comes and sadly at the first pull I see that he's one of those Vanguards who think they are ranged dps. Mortar Volley, Sticky Grenade, Full Auto and his basic phew phew. Nothing else.

Then later the other Gunslinger also drops. I seriously begin to worry. A Guardian dps joins. Apparently he's a tank and he's now trying his dps offspec. Always leaps first and pulls the mobs before tank, even uses his taunts.

So after a couple of wipes, we finish the fp with a Guardian tank who thinks he's a dps, a Guardian dps who thinks he's a tank and a Vanguard dps who thinks he's ranged.

For me it was really something to remember.

So after a couple of wipes, we finish the fp with a Guardian tank who thinks he's a dps, a Guardian dps who thinks he's a tank and a Vanguard dps who thinks he's ranged.

This? Is epic. :D

It's too bad your two Guardian's couldn't get their gear and stats to align with their expectations. Things would have been golden. :)

Okay there is that pug Sage dps in the group. I realize that he's Telekinetics spec'ed but not using the correct rotation; as a matter of fact, he doesn't even have one. As the other guys are guildies, I tell them to stop a bit because I want to help this dude.

I /whisper him what to do and at the end I say "Basically spam Disturbance until you have 3x Concentration or you get a free Telekinetic Wave". We continue but no changes.

I /whisper again, "Dude spam Disturbance".

After a rather long pause he replies back, "Yeah but I don't have spam in my skill tree".

:eek:

Facepalm.

Edited by Lord_Erman