Game Update 5.2 - Known Issues

EricMusco

More to look for:

* Sprint is suddenly disabled. I thought it was me on one toon, but i read some people got that too.

* Companions after you finish the story sometimes do not reapear, it actually samys the line as you you are changing companion and you get nothing. For example, the daily where you use a console and control a monolith, first my companion (Lana) apeared in that room and then when i finish she said goodbye and i was alone in combat force to fight.

* Don't know if a bug, but it probably needs some correction: Walker cost is too High. Doing all story + a few dailys and i'm about half way there. On the other hand, reputation seems like a lot, doing the same i already hit the weekly limit with one faction and i got lots of spare.

It really was too few CXP for all the time invested. Almost nothing.

Companions also disappear when you use turbo lifts to enter new areas during the star fortress runs requiring constant re-summoning.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Space Mission "Taspan Ambush" is missing its mission select on the New Galaxy map, making it impossible to complete the daily mission. This prevents Imperial Players from completing all PVE space missions and therefore, prevents unlocking the Imperial Ace title. Likely only an oversight on the dev's part, but it is highly annoying for those, very few I'd expect, of us that enjoy this content.

On the Character screen (C for command) one cannot see what equipment one's starship is equipped with without switching from Player Customization to a companion. This pops the starship equipment tab up to click on once more. As such, it is impossible to check the starship while on a mount.

Not sure if anyone has said this, yet, but I'm having a companion issue on my level 26 Jedi Sentinel. T7 disappeared along with the companion frame after I exited a Warzone. I've tried all sorts of things to get him back and nothing's worked. Short of reinstalling the game, I'm not sure that there's anything else I can try.

Trying to dismiss T7 creates the prompt in the chat box but it changes nothing. T7 appears in the companion window as if he's standing right next to you.

Also, after resetting the UI, while the companion frame doesn't come back, the companion cast bar flashes for a moment before disappearing.

Having the same issue. Since T7 is my only companion, I can't even switch out.

I'm with the above player in one regard -- I ran Iokath on patch day with a previous chapter in-progress, and I have yet to see a time when we are able to receive Quinn or Elara as companions. Worse, in my attempt to reset the mission as part of a fix, I ended up dropping the mission to kill Tyth. CSRs report I cannot reobtain the mission... which never would have been dropped, had it not been for the issue with the companions and completion of the prologue itself.

An update on this issue, and perhaps acknowledgement whether or not this will affect story progression (once more is available) would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also having the issue of not receiving a new companion after finishing the story. On a side note, I noticed that said character who was affected has a story mission on hold. I finished the story on another character and was able to receive the new companion. Not sure if that helps.

Edited by Kitty-Chan

Here are the current known issues for GU 5.2:

1. The Daily Missions on Iokath are not affected by the Planetary Mission highlight bonus from Galactic Command.
  2. If you change appearance while on Iokath it will not be updated in Iokath cutscenes until you leave the planet and return.
  3. If you try to engage in an activity with a member of the opposite base faction which is normally not allowed (such as a Guild invite) you may receive a non-specific error message.
  4. While you are in a vehicle (such as a walker) on Iokath, if you switch from a PvE to PvP instance (or vice versa), you will lose that form.
  5. Main Story Missions on Iokath are rewarding less Command XP than intended.
  6. Some abilities for the Iokath forms (such as the Missile Turret) are missing tooltip descriptions.
  7. If you group queue from Iokath via group finder into an Operation, Flashpoint, or Uprising, hitting return to medcenter may remove you from the group and return you to Iokath.
  8. Activating an Iokath form (such as a walker) while you have a temporary ability bar active will cause your temporary abilities to cease working and you may receive a non-specific error message.
  9. The Jundland Dewback has no icon in the unclaimed items section of the Cartel Market.

-eric

3) this is not isolated to Iokath: In the holo-call immediately after getting Jaessa, neither my character nor companion were wearing the correct outfits during a conversation. Have heard, but not experienced myself, that this is happening in other places as well.

7) still advocating using one of the many empty doors on the fleet flagship for this OP. Its not like you can not make more floors via elevator(s) to hold more doors. Hell, after 5 years IRL (and how many in game?), I think the flagship is due for a refit (also, please give us the ability to form OP's while in Stronghold/Guild Ship instances).

8) While chasing the warrior class story on Voss, had used heroic moment on a mini-WB, only to have it bug out and remain after the timer ran out, but could not use any abilities. After HM was off CD, I activated it again, only to have the temp ability bar disappear (ie unusable). Logging out/in returned it to its proper life cycle, but it later happened again.

9) I have seen a few items in the collection area that are bugged with no icon or that do not have a inspect item pop-up when you click on the magnifier/frame image to. Seasoned Professionals Armor Set is one that comes to mind: If you have the inspector open and click on it, the items will update, but the details will not. There are many other listings in collections that do this.

Edited by Kaveat

I'm also having the issue of not receiving a new companion after finishing the story. On a side note, I noticed that said character who was affected has a story mission on hold. I finished the story on another character and was able to receive the new companion. Not sure if that helps.

Yes, they fixed it in the next patch for those characters who had not yet completed the content. So, if I were to go run the content with my operative now, even with a previous chapter open, she would gain the appropriate companion and contact. But those of us with the glitch still do not have the companions or contacts we should, following the content. So, my JK -- my main character -- still does not have Elara as a companion, despite having completed all the Iokath BS, aside from the Tyth mission.

• 2 weeks later...
Here are the current known issues for GU 5.2:

• While you are in a vehicle (such as a walker) on Iokath, if you switch from a PvE to PvP instance (or vice versa), you will lose that form.

-eric

If I were you I'd consider making this a feature, particularly if those walkers can be used in a PvP instance on other players. "Fixing" it would probably open up a wide avenue for walker griefing.

So my game says it isn't up to date with the servers and to check the help center link below except there is no link.

Went to the launcher tried to verify everything ran fine then I click play and at the character select screen bam Error Game not up to Date with Servers

Greetings everyone,

so, I was happy to see a lot of improvements in the game with the current update (5.2.2) yesterday.

But, I still have a few old and new things, that I found, that should be addressed asap:

• whenever I have summoned Felix Iresso as a companion with my Jedi Consular, I get ocassional jingles/talking from Zenith played back (not when right-clicking him though, only his ocassionally blabbing).
  • when I wanted to report this ingame, the whole ingame report system was giving me an error message, which looks pretty damn serious to me. :eek:

So, i would appreciate, if you could change this asap or at least give an explanation as to why this could be happening.

Thanks though for all the good changes, you've brought with this update - client seems much more stable now after I got a lotta disconnections before the update when playing on US Servers from Europe. :jawa_biggrin:

:ph_great_update:

• 2 weeks later...
It's been mentioned in older threads, but that lovely bug in the Star Fortresses where you can't properly use the magnetic grapples, regardless of what you try, is still there, at least for me. It isn't the land-the-wrong-way/walk off the platform derp; it's the "the grapples just fling me to my death" one.

Glad to see that the bug with completing Facing the Machines of War has been fixed. Oh wait, it hasn't yet. Oh well, not like it is the only new Op, so there is bound to be a bug in one of the many ops that has been released the past couple of years. Oh wait, it is the only op that has been released.. Well at least it was a complete Operation with lots of exciting bosses. Oh wait, there is only one boss so far. Sigh. Edited by jediloki