Proposal: Bring back the Chevin Grand Acquisitions Race event

DarthJP

Hey folks,

I'd like to suggest that Bioware dusts off the 1.x event "Chevin Grand Acquisitions Race" / been so long I almost forgot about it so can't remember if it was any good. :mon_angel:

Why? More content for events on a weekly basis. I suspect players are saturated with the Gree, Rak & Bounty events. Iokath helps but not the same. And it's content the vast majority has not played.

Here is the link to the Dulfy guide from 2012 (yes - 2012!)

Please leave thoughts & comments!

Thx,

Bobtoons

i still have tokens of appreciation from that event, i am pretty sure i had a whole set of tusken armour, 1 or 2 legacy bowcasters that went missing a while back. what i remember most from the event was the broken down speeder taking us from shadow town area to an unmarked landing pad.

but yeah, it's been a long time since it was last around. still wondering if it will ever return.

Edited by Celise

There are two problems with that proposal (three if you count the fact that this isn't the Suggestions forum :D )

1) Most of the items from the event are available via some other method--you can get the broken down speeder now, you can get bowcasters, and I'm not sure offhand about the Tusken set, but if not, there are several similar Tusken sets out there.

2) The event itself was pretty terrible, with all of the bad things about open world events present. Yes, shooting things from a turret for a minute was fun. What was not fun was that only one person got to be on the turret at a time, so everyone else had to wait, standing in an orderly line, and getting upset when some jerk ran forward and spam-clicked to jump in first. And I seem to recall the DK portion having a laser/mirror puzzle where anyone could click on the mirrors to change orientation, leading to much trolling and frustration (I got lucky and found an instance with only 9 people in it, so I was able to get it done by myself while everyone else was screaming at each other in chat).

So the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia may tell you that you want this, but what you really probably want is it to be completely reworked with better-done missions and new rewards, at which point what you're wanting is a completely new event.

Yeah - rose-tinted glasses partly at work here :)

And agreeing on re-working the content / missions, I suspect from Bioware's costs to build new stuff, it's cheaper to bring this back and fix it than build from scratch.

Yeah - rose-tinted glasses partly at work here :)

And agreeing on re-working the content / missions, I suspect from Bioware's costs to build new stuff, it's cheaper to bring this back and fix it than build from scratch.

i doubt it's a matter of money or resources, but more a matter of if it's an effective event to reconsider once again. as stated already by someone else, there was a lot of problems with the last and only time it was around. it may have such a negative experience that it just sank under it's own weight without leaving a trace, thats the main hurdle, if there will be enough interest for it to return from the previous horrible experience.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As an idea: this can be some sort of chained events with "Chevin Grand acquisitions Race" event as a precual to "Reclics of the Gree" event. I mean, scheduling those 2 events in a row (or maybe separate them with a free week in the middle of both) and making "Chevin Grand acquisitions Race" a repeteable event.

What about that?

There are two problems with that proposal (three if you count the fact that this isn't the Suggestions forum :D )

1) Most of the items from the event are available via some other method--you can get the broken down speeder now, you can get bowcasters, and I'm not sure offhand about the Tusken set, but if not, there are several similar Tusken sets out there.

2) The event itself was pretty terrible, with all of the bad things about open world events present. Yes, shooting things from a turret for a minute was fun. What was not fun was that only one person got to be on the turret at a time, so everyone else had to wait, standing in an orderly line, and getting upset when some jerk ran forward and spam-clicked to jump in first. And I seem to recall the DK portion having a laser/mirror puzzle where anyone could click on the mirrors to change orientation, leading to much trolling and frustration (I got lucky and found an instance with only 9 people in it, so I was able to get it done by myself while everyone else was screaming at each other in chat).

So the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia may tell you that you want this, but what you really probably want is it to be completely reworked with better-done missions and new rewards, at which point what you're wanting is a completely new event.

One of my characters has a bunch of tokens leftover and a title from the event. I had to look up where the title came from to find out. Ditto for the tokens. I have quite literally zero recollection of the event. That's how much it impressed me.

Edited by Keta