Blatant cheating in WZs

Lindraskada

when are you going to do something about this BW ?

certain people arent even trying to hide it. ive reported a few people numerous times, over and over, ive got screenies and some video evidence.

and i still see them in WZs.

sort it out ffs - you can hardly afford to lose more players...

Wrong place for your post 🤭🤣😂

Try the PvP forum section.

Also this sounds more like a L2P issue which won’t be taken seriously unless you have physical evidence like a video recording.

Include links in your post of the video evidence and photos for a response.

Edited by DarthSealth

Actually, yes, it is the wrong place. Report in-game and send any screenshots and other info in a PM to eric. Posting about it here won't get anything done.

reporting it in-game doesnt get anything done either

i presume they wont ban people if they are subbed as dont want to lose money.

• Dev Post
Actually, yes, it is the wrong place. Report in-game and send any screenshots and other info in a PM to eric. Posting about it here won't get anything done.

Highlighting for accuracy. If you suspect someone is cheating/hacking...

Do

• Report them in-game, as close to the time of the incident as possible.
  • Send me a message via forum PM with all possible details. What happened, date, time, server, character name, etc. Include any screens or video that you have (always helps during the investigation).

Don't

• Make a post on the forums with screenshots or character information. This will get flagged as a call-out and removed.

Keith and I escalate every report we get for investigation. Having reports from all of you is invaluable in getting rid of players who feel the need to cheat / hack.

Thanks!

-eric

Also this sounds more like a L2P issue which won’t be taken seriously unless you have physical evidence like a video recording.

Include links in your post of the video evidence and photos for a response.

If you want any concerns to go into a black hole of communication, every section except General is a GREAT place to post!

Do

• Send me a message via forum PM with all possible details. What happened, date, time, server, character name, etc. Include any screens or video that you have (always helps during the investigation).

Don't

• Make a post on the forums with screenshots or character information. This will get flagged as a call-out and removed.

Keith and I escalate every report we get for investigation. Having reports from all of you is invaluable in getting rid of players who feel the need to cheat / hack.

Thanks!

-eric

My bad OP but as Eric said don’t post links exposing cheaters in forum posts probably why you shouldn’t listen to me even though I tried to help 🤭🤣😂

Could you guys publish some statistics about how you handle cheating and hacking? I.e. this many permabans this month, this many temporary suspensions, etc.

I get that it's a tough job having to sort through all the accusations of hacking, since probably 95% or more of reports you guys get are just people not knowing abilities (I was attacking the sage, and suddenly he just appeared 30m away! Hacks!), but knowing you guys are taking it seriously would probably go a long ways toward soothing people.

Edited by LordTurin

Why are you such hypocrites?

Hackers. Bots. Cheaters. I've reported MANY over the years with all of the criteria you listed but they are NEVER gotten rid of.

So, why should we bother if we don't see any results? I don't give a turd if you're "following the money" or whatever your excuses are, I want to see ACTUAL RESULTS to know that what I'm doing is actually worth a damn.

Edited by PetFish

If you think posting in the gen section is a black hole, try posting anything in the pvp section and it’s a super black hole into another dimension.

If been common knowledge for 5 years that the Devs don’t read or post in the pvp section. If you actually want them to see it, you actually have a better chance in the gen section. Not much, but still better than the pvp section.

If you think posting in the gen section is a black hole, try posting anything in the pvp section and it’s a super black hole into another dimension.

If been common knowledge for 5 years that the Devs don’t read or post in the pvp section. If you actually want them to see it, you actually have a better chance in the gen section. Not much, but still better than the pvp section.

Just remember I got this post noticed because Eric keeps a close eye on me 😘

Do

Don't

Thanks!

-eric

why dont you address the part about the cheating not getting any results through repeated regular in-game reporting and why people feel they have to resort to posts like this (that obviously did get your attention)

Do

Don't

Thanks!

-eric

Hey Musco

How about you guys do this:

Actually make being banned a thing - I've seen it on Reedit where players get the email that they are supposedly banned for a time frame and they aren't they can actually play during that time.

Second do what Keith said where you right click someone in a warzone you can report them.

Third get more in game GM's make it so players have incentives to be a gm, then you don't have to pay them maybe give them some form of CC allowance or something where they can help, and any abuse of power they are permanently banned. B/c your current GM's aren't cutting it.

Done, it's not really rocket science.

Edited by Ibokagain

Caught someone today who phased walked 3 times in 15 secs and then into a wall to heal to full, then phased walked right out.

I got shots and made the report. I’ll send one to Musco too once I can get them off my pc.

How else is he supposed to kite melee?

Caught someone today who phased walked 3 times in 15 secs and then into a wall to heal to full, then phased walked right out.

I got shots and made the report. I’ll send one to Musco too once I can get them off my pc.

I'm curious about this: could you please send me the shots in PM? I've never heard of anyone being able to change ability cooldowns before.

I'm curious about this: could you please send me the shots in PM? I've never heard of anyone being able to change ability cooldowns before.

I wasn’t recording, so I had to take screen shots. But they are time stamped. When I get them onto my iPad, I’ll send them to you as well as Musco

It does feel that there might be some new hacks all of a sudden.

On Darth Mal Midbees is dead this evening, 2-3 hackers ruined it last night as the night before now there are no mid lvl Warzones running something unheard of at prime time.

Personally I have seen with others..

1 count of flying

2 counts of a gunslinger tripple rolling

People moving mara speed with no mara in the group for lengthy peroids

A Merc with reflect working at lvl 50 (you get it in the 60's)

What the game really needs is a better way to report taking 10-20 mins to file a report with full details to get nothing back feels... futile.

Edited by Nhands