View Single Post

sithBracer
03.28.2018 , 01:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Exocor View Post
Serious? I mean.... serious? The only encounter, where I would currently say, that Deception is not one of the best choices, is Brontes NiM. In all other encounters, Deception scores with superior survivability and burst damage, mediocre sustained damage and insanly good target switching. It's like AP-PT without range, better dcd's and no energy management. Even for Brontes NiM, Deception scores with mediocre DPS-potential and superior survivability in burn phase. It's probably not the easiest choice here, due to some abilitys, that are useful, but not as obvious as other classes abilities.
Decetion is probably not in the top 3 of all specs for PvE... but it's definitely in the upper third.
So deception is not in the top 3, but it is in the upper third of an 8 possible contestants right? 3/8 is 2 if you round down, 3 if you round up. It's ok, I understand what you were trying to say.

The top 4 dps classes at this in time are operative, marauder, sniper and merc (in no specific order). They all have really high damage, group utility, a raid buff, no melee downtime (except marauder) and more than 1 choice of dps class for different circumstances. Any newly formed raid group would prefer these classes over deception anytime.

So how does it compare to the other 4 classes:
damage:
We can see here http://parsely.io/parser/stats that its actually beneath the jugg and PT but they are all very close. Unfortunately deception has the largest rng variable attached with it. So the odds of getting that max damage are much lower than other classes. Dummy parses don't really tell you much, but if you are a raid leader, who would you take just based on only this?

melee/ranged:
Deception is melee and has really nothing to throw during melee downtime. Jugg is exactly the same. PT (esp. AP) has somethings it an do during melee downtime, and sorc is fully ranged, and the higher parser is a DoT spec-but needs to fully cast force lightning to compensate.

group utility:
deception has none (no one takes that useless heal as it is useless). Jugg has intercede and the threatening scream sonic wall, neiither of which is that great. PT has sonic rebounder which only works on direct damage and the stealth scan speed buff, also neither of which is really great. Sorc has a raid buff, static shield, off heals, extrication and revival (in case healers are too busy).

DCDs:
Deception has deflection which is almost useless, and shroud for 5 seconds after a legendary utility. It also has a legendary utility that gives 60% DR, but taking it means losing either reapers rush which results in a loss of dps or losing the extra 2 seconds on shroud. It does give 24% of passive defenses if you can keep dps up (which is pretty easy) in addition to its 17% default, giving the deception the highest passive defenses in the game at 41%. Jugg has a better deflection, saber reflect which can double as an offensive tool, enraged defense which has some niche uses but wont protect against spike damage and fake health, which is not really that useful. PT has a 25% shield DCD, and kolto overload which gives an extra 30% DCD if specced into pyro. Sorc has, self heals (including one off GCD), static barrier, phase walk, god bubble, a 25% DR on a 45s CD and of course range. By default assassin has the lowest DR and jugg has the highest, with PT coming in second.

So based on all this, would deception be at the top? Honestly I this it would depend on the boss, on bosses like sword squadron, master and blaster, the council, kephess the warlord, vorgath or revan, deception would not be highest of the bottom 4. But on bosses like brontes I honestly think deception would be the best of the 4 (in contrast to what you believe). Shroud to deal with orb phase, reaper rush and burst to deal with kephess/the clock phase and correct me if I'm wrong but deflection would help with the finger phase. That is my opinion anyway.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows