human hair pack unnesscarily restrictive

BrianDavion

gotta say BW I'm dissappointed the human hair pack ONLY covers humans. I mean why can't it also cover cyborgs minilarians etc. these races just use human hair types so why not allow us to buy it? seems like your hurting yourself in the long run

I'm sure they'll give you the opportunity to unlock them on different races as well. For the low fee of 240CC per race!

Honestly, this makes me shake my head more than anything else. I'm not sure why since I don't plan on buying them, but... such an arbitrary restriction. For some reason I expected the hairstyles to be included with the Appearance Designer as an incentive to change your hairstyle... no idea where that thought came from, though :rolleyes:

Again, before people come and start ranting at me about how subs get 500CC per month, I had no plans to change my characters' appearances in the first place and still don't. Just because something doesn't affect me doesn't mean I can't question it, though.

Yip. Absolutely stupid.

Someone in general told me I wasn't human, I was a cyborg. Something absolutely different.

If so... why don't I have metal arms or legs? and just a few implants on the face?

They take every asset of the human models then slap on some shiny bits to the face. :rolleyes:

I came on here to find an answer to this. I guess the new Human hair styles and colors do not apply to Cyborgs. That is disappointing.

I don't really understand why Cyborgs are a "species" at all. There should just be cybernetic options for every actual species. Especially now that they have unlocked Cyborg for everyone, even on F2P accounts. I guess cybernetics are no longer taboo for Jedi :)

Yeah, I could understand zabrak, cathar , twi'lek or rattataki not getting "human" hair since they have their own unique hair or no hair at all,but the logic behind restriction of hairstyles to species that use the same default hair as human species escapes me.

Especially cyborgs who as species are regarded as humans in game (there's a difference in dialog with human and aliens, and cyborg get human version). No other species but human can be cybors anyways, and IMO, the person who is willing to sticks metal and wires into their body will more likely have crazy haircolor/eyecolor. So why cyborgs are limited?

Though, who am i kidding, even hedgehog realizes that next CM update will have cyborg hair, mirilian hair etc, exactly the same as human ones, only applied to other species. Multiple profits, zero effort;:rolleyes:

gotta say BW I'm dissappointed the human hair pack ONLY covers humans. I mean why can't it also cover cyborgs minilarians etc. these races just use human hair types so why not allow us to buy it? seems like your hurting yourself in the long run

Yeah, I would expect something called the human hair pack to apply to a lot more than just humans. Next thing you know, the Ratataki(sp) tattoo and jewelry pack will apply only to Ratataki.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Yeah, I would expect something called the human hair pack to apply to a lot more than just humans. Next thing you know, the Ratataki(sp) tattoo and jewelry pack will apply only to Ratataki.

Wow what a troll. Just because BW chose to name tag it as for humans (when they could clearly apply to other races) doesn't mean you have to take it as the word of god. You don't think the fact that Mirialans, Chiss, Cyborgs, and Pureblood Sith all share the exact same default hair slider at character creation with humans has any pertinence? These new hairstyles are veering from the norm in being human exclusive. And the idea of the EXACT SAME PACK being released as 'Chiss Hairstyles 1" seems legit and not ridiculous nickel-and-diming? Use your brain.

There could be an argument that the human hair color pack should not be shared, since the aliens that share human hairstyles do not share the same hair colors. But the human color pack is clearly made up of artificial colors. Anyone of any race can dye their hair, so logically the only reason to make the pack human-exclusive is, um, entirely profit-based.

Unfortunately I think 'Chiss Hairstyles 1' is exactly how they're going to move forward. It's patently ridiculous, but on the other hand it is at least bizarrely fair to the people who play Zabraks, Miralukas, and now Cathar (not counting the bald races, these are the only ones with unique (or just restricted for Miralukas) hair) - who will have no option but to buy race-exclusive hair-style packs. But on the more sane hand, I think even the people who heavily play those races (I have extensively played a Zabrak and a Miraluka) would like to see the human hair packs extended to the races it should logically apply to. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't have alts of multiple races that would enjoy this.

Edited by Pubsam

Oh don't be surprised, they're going to nickel and dime us in the near future, but letting us buy the cyborg pack, and the mirilaka package etc etc.

And after you buy that sht, they'll CHARGE YOU EVEN MORE TO MAKE THE CHANGE. It's not enough to pay to own the feature, you have to pay to implement.

Enough is enough. And bloody well right I'm going to flood these forums with my complaint and until its bloody well heard.

Subs should not have to pay to implement the stuff they just bought. Credits would be disgusting, but I could live with that. No way I'm paying real money to implement the stuff I just paid for with real money. :mad:

I would expect that it would at the very least apply to Cyborgs. Cyborgs are Human.

Oh don't be surprised, they're going to nickel and dime us in the near future, but letting us buy the cyborg pack, and the mirilaka package etc etc.

And after you buy that sht, they'll CHARGE YOU EVEN MORE TO MAKE THE CHANGE. It's not enough to pay to own the feature, you have to pay to implement.

Enough is enough. And bloody well right I'm going to flood these forums with my complaint and until its bloody well heard.

Subs should not have to pay to implement the stuff they just bought. Credits would be disgusting, but I could live with that. No way I'm paying real money to implement the stuff I just paid for with real money. :mad:

Yeah, and when they put all those packs into the game they're going to forcibly extract the cartel coins from our accounts and apply changes to our characters.

Then after they're done extracting all the cartel coins that come with our subscriptions, so we can use the features without spending a dime over our subscriptions, they're going to hack into our credit cards and bank accounts to extract another $17.50 a month. But they'll give us cartel coins for that.

Oh, but then they'll forcibly extract THOSE cartel coins from our accounts and give us random dye packs instead.

We have NO CHOICE in the matter. EA is forcing this all upon us and stealing our money right from under our noses.

It says so right here: http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy

I would expect that it would at the very least apply to Cyborgs. Cyborgs are Human.

In terms of game "species" selection, they are ... cyborgs.

Wow what a troll. Just because BW chose to name tag it as for humans (when they could clearly apply to other races) doesn't mean you have to take it as the word of god.

They clearly could, but they don't. What're you gonna do about it? Complain every day until they change it? Feel free.

Edited by branmakmuffin

In terms of game "species" selection, they are ... cyborgs.

A separate button doesn't make it a separate species. Zabrak has 2 buttons. They exist because they want to limit the red Zabrak to the Empire at first. Cyborg exists to limit the amount of Jedi that are cyborg. That's moot now that they have unlocked cyborg for everyone.

Cyborgs, as they are in the game are Human.

I for one find it ironic that over night all the moaning about all the species being human with different skin got replaced by moaning about how all the species want to basically be humans with different skin.

I'm all for species specific customization options to introduce more individuality to the races. Only think I find lacking is that they shipped the kiosk with so few new options across the board.

Edited by aeterno

They clearly could, but they don't. What're you gonna do about it? Complain every day until they change it? Feel free.

Likely not everyday, but when I have time to browse the forums, sure. And you'll be here every day defending BW even if it makes you sound like a child with your 'it could only possibly be for humans because it says 'humans' on the box and that can never change cause BW said so!' BW isn't your mom, you can go ahead and question their decisions.

Why do you think it's so ridiculous that we tell BW we're disappointed in one of their features? Look up any corporation and you'll find a way to contact them with reactions to their products. It's part of the reason BW hosts this very forum! Maybe things won't change with out complaints, but we're increasing our chances here. There's no chance of change if everyone is silent. And even if no change, BW is at least aware of the discontent, which is meaningful. They know subs don't like being run through the CM mill, and I guarantee they discuss sub morale in regards to it.

You can go ahead tell them why you LIKE the feature. Go ahead. Tell me why you like that the pack is restricted to humans when there is no reason - be it clipping or cultural - that it couldn't apply to several other races. Tell us why you're excited at the possibility of buying the same pack over again for other races. I'm interested! I bet BW is too!

Edited by Pubsam

I for one find it ironic that over night all the moaning about all the species being human with different skin got replaced by moaning about how all the species want to basically be humans with different skin.

I'm all for species specific customization options to introduce more individuality to the races. Only think I find lacking is that they shipped the kiosk with so few new options across the board.

I like individual races too, but as you said what we have is different colored humans who, at launch at least, didn't have any culture-specific hairstyles unless you were a Zabrak. At that point, when the majority of races share hairstyles, any newly released styles will likely be desired by people playing multiple races.

I guarantee that there are many people playing Chiss, Sith, Mirialans and Cyborgs that want at least that long, flowing lady-do and will be very disappointed if their packs don't include it. If these races receive their own unique packs (containing... what? is there any lore for Chiss culture's preferred hair styles?) the other races might see something they want. And since there's no real reason these styles can't be shared other than trying to artificially enforce some racial uniqueness that as yet has not existed... why? I like having unique races a la most other existing MMOs but I don't think unique hair styles would be right for this game.