View Single Post

ColorfulCaiques
01.29.2019 , 12:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
This phenomena was predicted very early on, but just because the prediction was correct, doesn't affect what changes actually go in. When they made the change to limit the number of healer/tanks, all depth and need for intelligence or strategy in wars was gone and was simply reduced to kinder-garden pvp strategy: tunnel the healer. Very quickly most players stopped PvPing with their healers, many healers that remain drop early because it is not fun to simply be a punching bag and low populations do not backfill properly. Myself, I had 2 BiS healers, one on each faction, but this change told me that everyone is supposed to only play DPS chars, so thats what I do now.

So, the net result of the change: Slower queues, much more mis-balanced wars, smarter PvPers no longer PvP. Exactly the opposite of what they thought the change would do. Hows that for progress.
The fixing of roles was the only good thing that came out of pvp updates last year. When I came back to the game in 2017, I almost never did regs because I was always sick of the lesser pop faction stacking tanks and heals. It was stupid af and this change was long overdue.
Don't flatter yourself, EA/BW. I'm just here by the grace of a referral.