Corso wants to talk to me...and then doesn't

Nertak

I'm getting that Corso wants to talk to you thing, but when I go to a Cantina it says "Corso wants to talk to you on your ship" then when I go to the ship he has nothing to say to me. Anyone else experience this?

I don't want this to stop me from further progressing with his story.

There are various bugs like that on most of the companions at one point or another. When he does actually want to talk to you he'll have the icon while you are in the ship. The rest of the time its getting the message that is the bug rather than not getting the conversation.

I'm getting that Corso wants to talk to you thing, but when I go to a Cantina it says "Corso wants to talk to you on your ship" then when I go to the ship he has nothing to say to me. Anyone else experience this?

Did you try right clicking on him before going to the ship? If he doesn't say he wants to talk to you then the display icon is just bugging again.

Talk to Corso when you're outside a rest area/your ship. Does he say he wants to talk to you? If yes, you've got a problem on your hands. If not, you've encountered the ubiquitous glitch we all see with the game thinking our companions want to talk when they really don't. The companion knows if they want to talk.

Do note, though, that after a certain point, you can't procede with your companion's story arc until you move along with the story; For instance, Jorgan will refuse to talk to you about his quest until you actually know the contact you use in the quest*. In general, new dialogue becomes available at the beginning of each chapter, and during the midpoint of chapter 1.

After all, you can't very well ask Jonas where the deadeyes are if you don't know Jonas yet, do you?

This happens to me on my Vanguard, with two different companions at least. I reported it as a bug, and it doesn't seem more than a minor inconvenience since I only go back to my ship when heading to fleet to sell stuff or switching planets. If they want to talk then, the icons appear properly.

Do note, though, that after a certain point, you can't procede with your companion's story arc until you move along with the story

This was my first instinct. If you're like me and started throwing gifts at Corso (or any other companion), you might be halted by general story progression.

I had Investigation capped way earlier than I should have in the game due to my obsession with raising affection levels. >>