1 Key Wonder?

Phroste

It's our staple ability for sure but I wouldn't say all I do is spam it. On any kind of AoE groups I barely use it, maybe 1-2 on harder targets after the initial AoE burst. On single targets I use 3, then Unload/Rail, then back to Tracer with the occasional Rocket Punch, Jet Pack knockback, etc.

So yes it's our main skill but not the only thing we use or spam. :p

Not very hard to believe we spam our main damage skill.

Monsters dont last long enough while leveling for a standard rotation.

TM x 3

HM

TM x 2

Rail Shot

Unload on Barrage procs

I don't have Barrage yet as I'm only level 30.

The main point of my post I was trying to make is that it seems like you almost LOSE dps by using any other ability than TM....obviously that can't be proven until we have some sort of meter in game...but that's the way it looks and feels to me and it's getting boring

Edited by Phroste

yeah i kinda feel the same way some times but what i like about the merc is that its got some cool defensive moves like jet boost and upgraded rocket punch. once you get into hard flashpoints the challenge is being able to keep your merc alive and in a position to be able to spam your combo. also im not sure having not played any other classes but im sure they have staple moves too that they find themselves spamming a lot Edited by jmoneyswoops

I don't have Barrage yet as I'm only level 30.

The main point of my post I was trying to make is that it seems like you almost LOSE dps by using any other ability than TM....obviously that can't be proven until we have some sort of meter in game...but that's the way it looks and feels to me and it's getting boring

You should have tracer lock now which makes the crits for rail shot pretty high

And go for riddle next that boosts unload

Edited by bobafetea

I would put money that using anything other than tracer has a negative effect for boss fights when you factor in heat. The only time I bet it's useful is if you have vent up. Then a combo might be worth it. PVP is obviously very different since you're gonna be bursting people down, but I'd love to see someone actually do the math with heat cost factored in.

At 50, not to discount the earlier levels validity but lets face it thats what the game is balanced around, Tracer Missile is a staple, but hardly everything you use...for a few reasons.

With Barrage and Terminal Velocity traited, as others have stated, Tracer Missile is a means to an end..#1 getting those Heat Sigs to 5 and #2 resetting the Unload cool down. Unload hits for close to 2k a tick (crits) now at 50 for me..not too shabby when you take in to consideration that I just vented 8 heat 50% of the time (feels more than that btw).

At 50, not to discount the earlier levels validity but lets face it thats what the game is balanced around, Tracer Missile is a staple, but hardly everything you use...for a few reasons.

With Barrage and Terminal Velocity traited, as others have stated, Tracer Missile is a means to an end..#1 getting those Heat Sigs to 5 and #2 resetting the Unload cool down. Unload hits for close to 2k a tick (crits) now at 50 for me..not too shabby when you take in to consideration that I just vented 8 heat 50% of the time (feels more than that btw).

Yeah, tracer missile is a great move but it's definitely just a means to an end. Unload gets boosts like you said and you can't forget about tracer lock for rail shot and finally the boosted heatseeker missiles. Tracer missile is good but if it's the only move you're doing, you're doing it wrong.

And once you start stacking crit and with terminal velocity, heat become a non-issue with tracer missile

Edited by bobafetea