Is the KotFE/ET story about your character or the NPCs?

ReverendAnderson

I definitely feel like Senya was the co-protagonist with the Outlander. That's not necessarily a bad thing, mind you; I quite enjoyed another character getting development and the spotlight alongside my character. But yeah, I can see why so many people have said that if feels like an NPC is the actual main character.

The game lacks in agenda. You have no freedom in using companions. The game lacks in Republic and Empire differentiation.

I hate being forced to use companions I don't care about throughout all the expansions. Senya sounds important, but I hate being forced to use her then Vette, then a bunch of other random companions from other classes, should have just make it optional. Theron suffers the forced companions than anyone since he's being viewed as 2 co-main alongside with Lana, but he lacks screentime throughout the expansion, lack important moments like saving the protagonist or protagonist forces to save Lana using Valkyorian's power, he joined very late in chapter 9, can't be used in Star Fortress. I'm not sure who design the plot, but he's being severely neglected in the story. I'm tempted to kill Arcann just to get more screentime with Theron. I focus a lot of attention on him and the only thing he has on is "in a relationship" with my inquisitor.

The story already lacks the differentiation between class storyline, make every single playthrough the same and boring. uneven distribution of storyline for the companions and being forced to use certain companions really make the game less enjoyable to me. I doubt they read this, but I'm just venting a bit now.

Edited by BattlebloodMage

Senya spends most of KOTET in a coma ... or she dies in Chapter 1.

Okay, I see her as a co-protagonist in KOTFE, shifted to a smaller role in KOTET. But although her role in KOTET is small, I'd definitely say it's pretty meaty. The Outlander/Theron/Lana almost seem like the lead trio in KOTET (up until the last two chapters, if you spared Arcann/Senya). Koth, of course, drops off the radar after Chapter 10 of KOTFE, and the rest of the companions have pretty small roles (except Torian/Vette in the Iokath chapters). T7 in particular does nothing in KOTET.

It's about the NPCs.

It's mainly about finally getting rid of the plague known as Vitiate and how he had kids solely to...cause more death in the galaxy? I still haven't figured that out.

My characters have their friends and spouses taken from them, only to work with people they barely know except for Lana and Theron. Not to mention, the game doesn't seem to worry about the fact they have Valkorion in their heads.

Well, I can say, I'm more tempted to finish off Arcann and try to shoot down Senya, now that I know they get replaced by Lana and Theron, in the last chapter.

Why couldn't I even pick between the two of them, if it was an option?

I for one have no characters who think Senya can remain objective when it comes to her children, which she shows.

Then my characters get thrown around by force users. Makes sense for those non force users, but not my force users. They want to say Arcann and Vaylin are more powerful, fine, but Senya? :/

Next, my characters don't get to go find the companions they miss the most? I as a player don't get to hunt down the vanilla companions I feel would be best suited for the crew?

I don't even get them back on my ship and some of them I don't even get to change their outfits.

Then my characters get thrown around by force users. Makes sense for those non force users, but not my force users. They want to say Arcann and Vaylin are more powerful, fine, but Senya?

I don't think Senya is more powerful than you; the scene where she Force pushes you on Asylum, you weren't expecting it so you didn't have your guard up. But whether she's more powerful than you or not, she is a beast. Watch the scene on Voss in Chapter 1 of KOTET when she fights off all the Knights and the Skytroopers by herself, and she wipes them out. She is definitely a top-tier Force user, IMO.

Next, my characters don't get to go find the companions they miss the most? I as a player don't get to hunt down the vanilla companions I feel would be best suited for the crew?

Even my trooper, who did get Jorgan back, mostly ignores him when they're in a room together. Can you married people even imagine walking into a room and standing on the far side of your spouse? Waking up with a nightmare and they aren't anywhere around to talk to? Walking through a crowd of people who think you're dead, including your own mate, and striding right past him/her without so much as a wink?

Okay well that last one hasn't happened to me yet. Maybe someday it will and I assure you my husband is getting a wink. In fact, he would have been with me already in the first place.

(*whispers* are any of these devs married?:p)

Edited by grania

And do you feel like you're given the agency to drive the various plot events towards satisfying conclusions, or do you feel like the choices you make often get swept aside in the following cutscene?

Does what you want seem to matter over the course of these last two expansions?

About the NPCs. And that is just fine. Some of the best games have had NPCs leading the story. Like Baldurs Gate 2, and Mass Effect, and witcher 3. In all these you were just basically tracking down a particular NPC, figuring out where they were, what happened, and what might happen.

I seem to be a minor character in my own story. Alot of the conversations/nonsense-riddles with Valkorian and cut scenes with Vaylin taking out her frustrations just didn't advance the story. It felt like the same stuff over and over again. We needed more time with companions. Even not limiting the choice of companion for story missions would have helped. If the devs are having so many problems bringing back classic companions, why not give us a couple interesting new companions that we can actually interact with.

And do you feel like you're given the agency to drive the various plot events towards satisfying conclusions, or do you feel like the choices you make often get swept aside in the following cutscene?

Does what you want seem to matter over the course of these last two expansions?

It really is about NPCs. I read a topic were someone described it as "Keeping up with the Valkoriums". Nailed.

I played with my DS inquisitor and had to make a Lot of light side choices to keep things near something belivable.

If you play full dark, why would the republic allies stay by your side? They are trying to remove Arcann/Vailyn, they need to belive that you are at least a little better than him.

This same story didn't necessarily have to be that, but most of the time both Arcann and Vaylin seem to only hate us primarily on the basis of hating Valkorion. Even through most of KoTET when they see us they always speak more as if they are really confronting Valkorion and the Outlander is just a secondary extension of him.

Kotfe and Kotet was pretty much about the npc . We were only there to move the story from one room to another :D

That whole ''This is Your destiny'' . That whole ''You have to go Beyond Dark and Light'' . Seriously , flop over flop....

The battles are lames . everyone swing their lightsaber like it's their first time . What happen to dueling like in the Movies ?

Arcann fight was Lameeeeeeeeeeee....Going beyond dark and Light apparently is ordering a shield from E-bay and bashing him with it :p

Romance are one line !

The list goes on....

Kotfe and Kotet was pretty much about the npc . We were only there to move the story from one room to another :D

That whole ''This is Your destiny'' . That whole ''You have to go Beyond Dark and Light'' . Seriously , flop over flop....

The battles are lames . everyone swing their lightsaber like it's their first time . What happen to dueling like in the Movies ?

Arcann fight was Lameeeeeeeeeeee....Going beyond dark and Light apparently is ordering a shield from E-bay and bashing him with it :p

Romance are one line !

The list goes on....

I would love it, if the plan for us, is to lose the lightsaber fight, for them to just spend 3-5 minutes on an awesome fight scene with a great song to back it up!

The whole, play the game, kick the NPC's butt, then move to a cut scene to have you totally lose, like you weren't winning before, is suckie :p

I don't think Senya is more powerful than you; the scene where she Force pushes you on Asylum, you weren't expecting it so you didn't have your guard up. But whether she's more powerful than you or not, she is a beast. Watch the scene on Voss in Chapter 1 of KOTET when she fights off all the Knights and the Skytroopers by herself, and she wipes them out. She is definitely a top-tier Force user, IMO.

I figure Senya was the most powerful of the Knights of Zakuul since Vitiate probably wouldn't fornicate with anything other than the best of the best.

Also, another scumbag move on Vitiate's part - sleeping with his bodyguard. Yeah, no way he could abuse his power there. That's even creepier than parts of the Consular-Nadia or Warrior - DS Jaesa stuff.

Edited by AshlaBoga

I would love it, if the plan for us, is to lose the lightsaber fight, for them to just spend 3-5 minutes on an awesome fight scene with a great song to back it up!

The whole, play the game, kick the NPC's butt, then move to a cut scene to have you totally lose, like you weren't winning before, is suckie :p

Argh! That is just cruel!!!!!

You want them to Sing! HAHAHAHA

that actually would make the expansion more fun LOL

I want Senya and Valk do a duet and sing this ! :

• 2 weeks later...
It really is about NPCs. I read a topic were someone described it as "Keeping up with the Valkoriums". Nailed.

I played with my DS inquisitor and had to make a Lot of light side choices to keep things near something belivable.

If you play full dark, why would the republic allies stay by your side? They are trying to remove Arcann/Vailyn, they need to belive that you are at least a little better than him.

Very on point. My Warrior seems just as bad, if not worse, than Arcann with his tyrannical attitude. His choices have been selfish, all dark side, and at times made no sense and did not do anything to help the alliance. For example, rewarding Gault after the Gilded Star Heist instead of using the stolen funds to help the alliance or galaxy ... Did I mention he was a murderous dark side heretic who hates the Republic with a burning passion?