What best NOT to do on 10/22:

xordevoreaux

1. Anything important that would piss you off if there's a rollback, including purchases, operations, achievement hunting, story progression, etc. Just wander around for a while and see what's what (once the login queue clears to a point where you can actually log in rather than staring at the "in queue" message for however long).

2. Come to the forums and start a thread about not being able to log in. More than likely:

a. You will have logged on too soon after your patch downloads and servers aren't up yet

b. Everyone's trying to log in at once

c. They brought one or more servers down because something's buggy on a specific server

d. They didn't execute the roll-out properly and we're in the middle of a roll-back on all servers

If you still can't log in on 10/23, fair enough, post something.

3. Fail to read the release notes.

So expecting a smooth launch of a 5th expansion to 8-years old game would be classified as whining/needless complaining? Lol

Expecting it is not. Complaining about it when it goes wrong, as it does pretty much every time, is definitely pointless. So that makes it needless complaining if you will. And whining, well that depends on how and what you expect to happen after complaining about it. However, I welcome the complaints and whining. It makes the forum feel alive and the drama is real.

1st thing i would not do: Play story with your Main (or any other toon you care about) until its clear what bugs are there.

Or ---- watch YouTube ( I am expecting lots of videos from you guys ) --- and think about what you really want to do before you play ( and yes I love spoilers, bring them on !)

No no, please DO come here and start threads on anything and everything. I bought popcorn just for that.

I actually laughed.

Still, at least one lesson has been learned, don't launch in December and then go away for holidays. So October should be good, I mean what could go wrong?

Best not to be here at all, since it's basically guaranteed it won't work right out of the gate. We should just all no-show in anticipation of this and then they'll think there are no issues at first, until they realize it's because nobody logged in, in anticipation of issues. Then they all come flooding back the next day and the issues start.

1. Anything important that would piss you off if there's a rollback, including purchases, operations, achievement hunting, story progression, etc. Just wander around for a while and see what's what (once the login queue clears to a point where you can actually log in rather than staring at the "in queue" message for however long).

2. Come to the forums and start a thread about not being able to log in. More than likely:

a. You will have logged on too soon after your patch downloads and servers aren't up yet

b. Everyone's trying to log in at once

c. They brought one or more servers down because something's buggy on a specific server

d. They didn't execute the roll-out properly and we're in the middle of a roll-back on all servers

If you still can't log in on 10/23, fair enough, post something.

3. Fail to read the release notes.

All good points of wisdom and hard learnt lessons ;)

I actually laughed.

Still, at least one lesson has been learned, don't launch in December and then go away for holidays. So October should be good, I mean what could go wrong?

You?

You.

You!

Had to say it didn't you? I mean really? It was all going to be fine until you said it.

Now we have you to blame if anything does go wrong! :p

Edited by Hawkebatt

I’d rather be playing in the game, but then, this is the “play your way” expansion :rolleyes:

Well, this sort of comment should always be taken with a pinch of salt. But if it does go wrong and we can't play then I'm ready for the forum threads :D