General Ortol still bugged...

Hi guys,

For the record, I'm not talking about the "four rockets firing" bugged.

I'm referring to the fact that Ortol can still run outside the room and reset the fight. I've tried to completed this flashpoint I don't know HOW many times, and this has been a known issue for months.

Is there any chance that this flashpoint will EVER work properly?

Once I found out what causes the issue I've never had issues with it since.

Slow down dps.its not a massive dps check,tanking check or healer check. Just take it slow and you will be fine.

exactly what this guy said... honestly have a dps just not attack our only do the basic free attack. Make him feel important put a marker over his head and tell him to watch for the safe spot and lead us to victory lol.

I appreciate the replies, guys...but I really don't think that's the source of the issue.

I'm trying to solo the FP, with a companion out. I'm a level 41 commando. I've gone so far as doing nothing but hitting him with Hammer Shot.

The issue is that the companion eventually gets backed up against the door that closes behind you when you begin the encounter, goes *through* it, and General Ortol follows...resetting the fight.

I've gone so far as trying to put the companion away and trying to solo him myself, but his knockback keeps pushing me back out into the flames.

I just want to restate again, this is NOT an issue with excessive DPS - the rockets all going off is NOT my problem.

The issue is that the door isn't an effective barriers, and Ortol exits the room, then resets while following a companion.

I appreciate the replies, guys...but I really don't think that's the source of the issue.

I'm trying to solo the FP, with a companion out. I'm a level 41 commando. I've gone so far as doing nothing but hitting him with Hammer Shot.

The issue is that the companion eventually gets backed up against the door that closes behind you when you begin the encounter, goes *through* it, and General Ortol follows...resetting the fight.

I've gone so far as trying to put the companion away and trying to solo him myself, but his knockback keeps pushing me back out into the flames.

I just want to restate again, this is NOT an issue with excessive DPS - the rockets all going off is NOT my problem.

The issue is that the door isn't an effective barriers, and Ortol exits the room, then resets while following a companion.

In ANY FP when you leave the room the boss will reset. I've had it happen MANY times on Athiss when people would get aggro and leave the room. The only way to fix this is to have your comp on passive when they get near the door. It is not a glitch or a bug, just like running away from mobs makes them evade. You get out of a certain area or too far away they will reset. Simple.

I think my point is still being missed.

I understand evade mechanics and boss resets.

The bug is that the companion can still pass through a CLOSED DOOR, and the boss can follow. THIS is what causes the reset.

The companion (or the player for that matter) should never be able to pass through that barrier and cause the boss to reset.

I think my point is still being missed.

I understand evade mechanics and boss resets.

The bug is that the companion can still pass through a CLOSED DOOR, and the boss can follow. THIS is what causes the reset.

The companion (or the player for that matter) should never be able to pass through that barrier and cause the boss to reset.

You're using a tank companion for this fight, yes? A simple workout around is to use a dps companion. At level 41 it's not like you really need a tank for this fight. If you use a dps companion Ortol will stay on you and won't push them through the door. Yes, it's annoying that tank comps bug the fight, but the workaround is a dps companion.