Desktop Hardware Q&A

Veilshatter

When i Log into my account 3d images dont seem to load all ui options will load. i just cant get the game it self to load

im running AMD Athlon 64 dual core 3800+ @2.01 ghz, 4 Gigs ram, and a radeon x700 series, although graphics card could use an update the game should still run i have the recent drivers installed and even spent the entire day installing a fresh copy of the game does anyone have any clue on what the issue may be, rather frustrating not being able to play the game....

I have changes all of the graphical settings to see if lowering them would help but no such luck.

please message me if you have any ideas on how to fix this.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so i have a really crappy HP pavilion A000 as my old gaming rig (i cant even find specs easily without digging around on the internet for the better part of an hour), i was wondering if i could salvage ANY parts from this hunk of junk (planning on slavaging HDD because it is basically new) because even salvaging the case could bring down the cost of my build (on a really tight budget). Its been killing me this past week not being able to play when i got in first day...

EDIT: ok i came up with this like 20 mins after posting, help appreciated

Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

AMD FX-4100 CPU

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P

Corsair 4gb 240 pin RAM

Rosewill MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case, come with 1x 120mm Fan, 450W Power Supply

Bundle= 295$

SAPPHIRE 100328L Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 110$

Sony DVD-ROM 18$

Windows 7 OEM 100$

Total ~ 523$ (all parts from Newegg)

Edited by Sithnut

hey guys, this isn't exactly about a dektop, but i was wondering if you could help me still. i need to replace my old Toshiba Laptop, and i was wondering what type of FPS and specs i would be able to get with this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Laptop+/+AMD+A-Series+Processor+/+15.6%26%2334%3B+Display+/+8GB+Memory+-+Dark+Umber/4038134.p?id=1218450209175&skuId=4038134

due to school and everything i need the portablity of a laptop, any help would be great thanks!

hey guys, this isn't exactly about a dektop, but i was wondering if you could help me still. i need to replace my old Toshiba Laptop, and i was wondering what type of FPS and specs i would be able to get with this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pavilion+Laptop+/+AMD+A-Series+Processor+/+15.6%26%2334%3B+Display+/+8GB+Memory+-+Dark+Umber/4038134.p?id=1218450209175&skuId=4038134

due to school and everything i need the portablity of a laptop, any help would be great thanks!

only thing i would be worried about is the processor only going 1.5GHz... i havent read up on Turbo CORE so i dont know if it is sustained or just burst for an hour or two but if you can sustain the boost then maybe, you need a minimum of 2GHz processor speed to play

EDIT: other than that i think that is an ok laptop... someone please correct me if i am wrong.

Edited by Sithnut

Well to be quite honest i don't have a new rig but my thrusty old one suits the game just fine.

Posting my specs so that you peeps can update or base yourselfs upon to configure better ones.

CPU : Intel Quad Q6600

RAM : 4GB Infineon DDR2 Dual Channel ( 2x 2GB RAM sticks )

HDD : SATA 2 Hitachi 320Gb 8Mb Buffer ( sys only )

HDD2: SATA 2 Hitachi 720GB 8Mb Buffer ( partitioned for games and other stuff )

Graphics Card: Zotac GForce 220GTS 1024MB

MoBo : ASUS P5Q SE2 P45 Chipset

PSU: Corsair PC Gaming Series Gs800 - 800 W

Tower : Antec 900

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master GeminII M4

Thermal Compound : Your pick i use Artic Silver Ceramique

ODD1: LG DVD -R / RW

ODD2: LD DVD Reader

Tower is good ventilated, i remade the cabling myself so that no cables are hanging loose and the air flow isn't affected.

It isn't much but it can serve as a reference point for the people that haven't that much money to invest in a new rig or just want to update some parts.

On a personall note, do invest in a good MoBO / PSU , these parts are very important, and are often neglected, all other parts are easy...

PS: A good cooling system and thermal compound are very very important, i like the gemini because i could actually screw it to the board and found the combination of the AS and cooler very very effective.

That and a good Tower with a measure of air circulation ( if you don't use a watercooled system that is )

Edited by Imperialis

Play? Yes. How well? Not so well.

The HD 3000 is the better chipset though, assuming that's the Intel GMA X4xxx you're talking about.

Just wondering if the game will run on the lowest graphics on them, and if i could pvp on them before i install the game onto one of the laptops

Dunno if this is the right place to ask this, but I am getting a new PC, perhaps tomorrow or the day after and I was just wondering if this would be specs good enough to play SW:TOR on high(with or without shadows doesn't mattter) with 60+ FPS.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3-B3 motherboard (USB3.0 & SATA 3.0)

CPU cooler: Temperature Controlled Intel cooler

Processor: Intel ® Core ™ i5-2500K 4x3.30GHz (Turbo 3.70GHz)

RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 dual channel RAM

Hard drive: Seagate 1000GB SATA3 6GB / s Fluid Silent 7200rpm

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX560 1GB dedicated RAM (News)

Housing: Vision Phantom Silent noise suppression and extra cooling

Power supply: Seasonic SS-600ET super silent (80 + Bronze certified)

Cooling: Silent coolers and power supplies and extra soundproofing of housing. (There are 3 additional coolers that can be connected as needed)

This is for 6595 danisk kroner which is around 1157,08 US Dollars.

(Google translate ftw!)

Edited by Mannaji

How good of a proformance would this be

-Intel® 2nd Generation Core™ i5 3.0ghz

-8gb ddr3 ram

-windows 7 64bit

-amd saphire x1900 graphics card(i know its old ive had it forever)

-http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Essentio+Desktop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i5+Processor+/+8GB+Memory/3558039.p?id=1218413771325&skuId=3558039

- above is the link to the computer i have im not sure if the uma graphics card would be better stock or with the graphics card because the stock has no dedicated ram but the the x1900 is so old.

I am having some low Frame rates when I enter buildings, with completely smooth game play outside of buildings (medium - low settings). I have been looking over the forums, seeing that others have been having the issue, with explanations running from bugs, outdated graphics, outdated drivers, etc.

I will be updating my drivers as soon as I have access to my desktop (I am on vacation at the moment) to see if it makes a difference. However, I am curious as to if my computer possibly needs updating. I don't really care about running it on completely maxed settings with my current build, I just want to be able to play it with minimal choppiness. Below are the specs I remember:

Windows 7, 64 bit.

Memory: 4 gig, DDR2

Disk Drive: Samsung HD502HJ 500 GB SATA

- 500 GB

- 7200 RPM

- 300 megabytes per second

- 16 MB buffer size

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Processor: AMD Athlon II x4 630

- Socket AM3

- Quad-Core

- 2.8 GHz

Thanks in advance for any constructive input you may have :)

Edited by Kerose

hi hope you can help. when i play swtor i cant see my character the foreground seems to take over and i have blocks of colour on my screen.

Specs are as follows;

Processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz

RAM 4.0GB

DVD Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560S

Graphics card Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

hope you can help no one else seems to care

Thanks

Your video card seems to be an onboard video card. If this was something like a 2nd gen I3/5/7 you'd be fine. However your onboard video is probably at the low levels for displaying the game correctly.

Do you happen to have another video card on your machine? Also what operating system are you running?

Curious, am looking into a new laptop and wanted to what these specs would do on this game.

Processor: AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M (could go up to A8-3510MX)

RAM: 8GB

System: Windows 7-Home 64bit

Grphics: 1GB GDDR5 Radeon HD 6750M

Thanks for any help you can give!

That is a fantastic laptop you could play the game very well for a laptop

i would imagine high/medium high

Dunno if this is the right place to ask this, but I am getting a new PC, perhaps tomorrow or the day after and I was just wondering if this would be specs good enough to play SW:TOR on high(with or without shadows doesn't mattter) with 60+ FPS.

Cooling: Silent coolers and power supplies and extra soundproofing of housing. (There are 3 additional coolers that can be connected as needed)

(Google translate ftw!)

are you building this??? or is it from a store or somthing...

You should be able to play it maxxxed if not close to max

(Google translate ftw!)

Processor is a good speed (and its looks like a Sandy Bridge one).

Ram- looks great. I believe SWTOR is large address aware enabled so it'll use ~4gb of ram for performance.

Video card- I run a GTX 570 (EVGA) and it runs everything on high settings just fine.

I've been having trouble with fps on my laptop. Can anyone suggest some ideas on how to improve it? I have to run all settings at low +shadows off to get tolerable fps and CanYouRunIt shows that my system should be able to run this game very fast (green bar maxed out)

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Latitude E6510

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU M 540 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM

Page File: 1801MB used, 6240MB available

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA NVS 3100M

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: NVS 3100M

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A6C&SUBSYS_040B1028&REV_A2

Display Memory: 2221 MB

Dedicated Memory: 466 MB

Shared Memory: 1754 MB

Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (59Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: unknown

Monitor Id: LGD024B

Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.960Hz)

Output Type: Internal

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.8562 (English)

Driver Version: 8.17.12.8562

DDI Version: 10.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 10/15/2011 02:53:00, 15693120 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-492C-11CF-EA52-07241CC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0A6C

SubSys ID: 0x040B1028

Revision ID: 0x00A2

Driver Strong Name: oem44.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section038:8.17.12.8562:pci\ven_10de&dev_0a6c&subsys_040b1028

Rank Of Driver: 00E60001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C

Honestly, your setup looks ok. 4gb is enough to run the game. Video card seems to be ok.

Have you tried some of the fixes where you Set the video preset in preferences to high, hit apply then to low and hit apply? I was telling people on my server to do this and it did fix a lot of fps and video issues.

Your pagefile size looks ok. If you have the hard drive space, I would make it min 10000 to 12000 max. Just looking at what I do with my system and I have no issues.

Are you running the most current video drivers?

Cant Believe i have to repost this after a redirect from a forum admin. awsome service right there for you..

-

Hi,

I got early access (emailed) through on the 16th and started it all up all well and good, for some reason the graphics defaulted to lowest possible, which was odd, so i raised them all to max, everything.

Now, ever since that moment, my GPU has started to act up, badly, not just noticable in SWTOR but in other games, BF3 - SWTOR - Trine2 - All other games i have, here is a description of whats happening:

: 10 - 20 Minutes into Gameplay the game starts to lagg extremely bad, i recorded the FPS drop and found it to be a steady 60-70 FPS drop to 5-10 FPS, (unplayable) for a recorded 10-20 seconds.

- This would recur about 3 times in an hour

I have a ATI HD 5770 and its overclocked to GPU Clock: 900 MHZ - Memory Clock - 1300MHZ, i have tried turning the overclock off, no difference.

The worrying thing is, its getting worse, the spikes are occuring more often, the spike times are increasing/

The moment i turned SWTOR to full settings, it spiked for a good minute, and then all of the above started happening in sequence

(note i reinstalled drivers / reinstalled SWTOR)

Any help or resolve would be greatful

- System Spec

Q6600 Quad Core - Overclocked to 3.2GHZ

8GB DDR3 1333MHZ Vengence Ram

ASUS P8P67 Motherboard PRO

Hard Drive: 1TB Western Digital

THis sounds fun Ok i have a couple questions for you

1: what size power supply do u have?

2: Have you been monitoring the temps of your system?

(If not http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html Free tool)

3: What is your Video Card peaking at?

(1hr into game play)

4:If your OC is still off put it back to what is was OCed at and tell me what it peaked at?

(1hr into game play)

Hey guyz ' got a quick question and need a response in a hurry, lemme explain:

Been a fan of star wars since i'm a lil girl like most of us, was playing it sincefirst day of Early game access and as my rig is way too old, my father just told me he'd buy me a new one so i can play the game with maxx graphics on my hd tv... Thing is, he just bought it without asking me and i have no idea if that would be possible, or even if the laptop will be able to run the game ! Here are some specs :

i7-2670QM 2.2 Ghz

Windows 7 64bits

Memory 6GB DDR3

Video card AMD Radeon HD 6490M 1GB DDR5

PLEASE, if this wont run the game on high definition, can you tell me so i can cancel the order or at least ask for a refund before the delivery, my father doesnt have much money but star wars is something we build our relationship on and i don't wanna disappoint him....

Thanx in advance guyz...

I saw that the 2GB version of the videocard would cost 200 bucks more, would that help if the 1GB is not good enough ?