*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Unfortunately, getting the issues addressed and tested in Umbara is taking longer than expected. As much as we want to get Crisis on Umbara to you ASAP, we want to ensure that it is at a quality level we are comfortable with. For that reason, we need to delay Game Update 5.4 by an additional 24 hours.

The new maintenance window for 5.4 will be Thursday, 8/24 at 5AM PDT. I will go ahead and update this timing in all maintenance messaging as well. We do apologize for the delay and thank you again for your patience!

-eric

Quality you feel confortable, sir i know feel a lot better :rak_03::rak_03:

Funny i made a bet with a friend that Bioware would postpone the update more than once xD, free diner for me xD

People wonder why Bioware has had issues communicating in the past.

Well this thread right here is a great example of why. Criticizing them for bugs that don't currently exist for an unreleased patch and delaying a patch because they found a bug that needs to be fixed.

A'right, cool. :) Thanks, Eric, for the heads-up! And thank you for taking the time to make sure the launch of 5.4 is as bug-free as possible.

To everybody complaining: Guys, really, if they *had* released it tomorrow - or today - with giant bugs all throughout, you would've been complaining about the poor quality of the patch. Instead they delay it so they can work like insanity on fixing these bugs, and you complain that it's delayed.

...oi. *facepalm*

And as for "well why didn't they spot this bug sooner"... I don't know much about the world of coding and games, but I *do* know: this, like all technology, is not perfect. This is also a very strange game engine they're working off of, and it gets its little tech-pants in a bunch at completely random times for completely random reasons. Stuff happens.

Edited by Jagaimee

A'right, cool. :) Thanks, Eric, for the heads-up! And thank you for taking the time to make sure the launch of 5.4 is as bug-free as possible.

To everybody complaining: Guys, really, if they *had* released it tomorrow - or today - with giant bugs all throughout, you would've been complaining about the poor quality of the patch. Instead they delay it so they can work like insanity on fixing these bugs, and you complain that it's delayed.

...oi. *facepalm*

And as for "well why didn't they spot this bug sooner"... I don't know much about the world of coding and games, but I *do* know: this, like all technology, is not perfect. This is also a very strange game engine they're working off of, and it gets its little tech-pants in a bunch at completely random times for completely random reasons. Stuff happens.

As a software developer thank you for admitting you don't know much about the world of coding and not assuming things.

There lies the problem, most people don't know anything about coding. How release pipelines work in a product like this.

But people will be quick to turn into armchair developers claiming something is easy or thinking developers are gods that everything is somehow perfect or they are slacking off.

People wonder why Bioware has had issues communicating in the past.

Well this thread right here is a great example of why. Criticizing them for bugs that don't currently exist for an unreleased patch and delaying a patch because they found a bug that needs to be fixed.

...oi. *facepalm*

As a software developer thank you for admitting you don't know much about the world of coding and not assuming things.

There lies the problem, most people don't know anything about coding. How release pipelines work in a product like this.

But people will be quick to turn into armchair developers claiming something is easy or thinking developers are gods that everything is somehow perfect or they are slacking off.

*facepalm* I don't think people are upset that they want to fix bugs it's the last minute we're delayed on getting content out and the wondering of why, with all the time they've had to work on this, is it just now they're having issues. It begs to question what they were doing this entire time?

Add-on: I'm okay with them wanting to fix bugs and make it right but I'm not thrilled it was delayed again when I was looking forward to the new content.

Edited by DarthEnrique

Stop being so hard on them guys...it's only another 24 hours, hardly that much of a delay...besides, think of all the additional bug fixes they'll be able to include in the release now!!! ;)

You know that's right, something'll break when they release it. Lol! I'm just disappointed I got to wait longer for the new content I was looking forward to.

Hey folks,

Unfortunately, getting the issues addressed and tested in Umbara is taking longer than expected. As much as we want to get Crisis on Umbara to you ASAP, we want to ensure that it is at a quality level we are comfortable with. For that reason, we need to delay Game Update 5.4 by an additional 24 hours.

The new maintenance window for 5.4 will be Thursday, 8/24 at 5AM PDT. I will go ahead and update this timing in all maintenance messaging as well. We do apologize for the delay and thank you again for your patience!

-eric

To be more considerate of other ongoing activities and schedules, please put off 5.4 until an hour after the next scheduled reset (8/28/17, 0900 EDT) and either move forward or reschedule for the next week as needed.

I know jack squat about coding etc. and I realize last minutes bugs are just as disheartening for them as it is for us but that's not going to stop me from feeling annoyed when the most common post in the developer tracker is:

"Unfortunately something something delay/bug thank you for your patience!"

Honestly I think a good chunk of people are just annoyed that win traders for season 8 will get more time.

Guys, don't worry! Make sure everything is good and then give it to us :) Just schedule it for next Tuesday and give yourselves some time to fix everything, so you don't have to keep doing this. Edited by Dzqn

People grow up and have some patience. Really there is no reason to drag the Devs for the delay. If you seemingly know it all better then why aren't you a developer at Bioware? Please go ahead, apply to become a dev for this game and we'll see how well you'll do. I am not saying you should shut up, just cut the Devs some slack will you? We don't know what's happening behind the scenes, what other deadlines they have to meet besides this one because guess what the team at Bioware isn't only working on 5.4 but also hundreds of other future updates and maybe even an expansion.

So unless you plan to actually apply and become a developer yourself at Bioware to show them how you think things should be done, begone with the aggresive tone and undertones and go drink some tension tamer tea. And no, paying for this game and being a subscriber doesn't make you a special snowflake with the right to insult the developers.

Edited by Ylliarus

To be more considerate of other ongoing activities and schedules, please put off 5.4 until an hour after the next scheduled reset (8/28/17, 0900 EDT) and either move forward or reschedule for the next week as needed.

Just because it doesn't fit your schedule? Others may want it to go live as soon as it's ready, whenever that may be. No point in delaying it further unless it is required for bug fixes.

People grow up and have some patience. Really there is no reason to drag the Devs for the delay. If you seemingly know it all better then why aren't you a developer at Bioware? Please go ahead, apply to become a dev for this game and we'll see how well you'll do. I am not saying you should shut up, just cut the Devs some slack will you? We don't know what's happening behind the scenes, what other deadlines they have to meet besides this one because guess what the team at Bioware isn't only working on 5.4 but also hundreds of other future updates and maybe even an expansion.

So unless you plan to actually apply and become a developer yourself at Bioware to show them how you think things should be done, begone with the aggresive tone and undertones and go drink some tension tamer tea. And no, paying for this game and being a subscriber doesn't make you a special snowflake with the right to insult the developers.

Patience isn't a problem, if you hadn't noticed Bioware likes to keep us waiting, most of us are used to it. People have, however, made some very legitimate points regarding the delay, and the communication regarding it. This is the main issue. Bioware goes silent for months, only paying lip service to forum posts to make the more naïve people here feel "noticed" and "important". The bug in this patch has been described as basically game breaking. How does this only get noticed a day before release, please if you can explain tell me how, when so much time has expired since the last content release? It is a little odd don't you think?

Oh and everyone please don't try the glib "if you're not a coder you can't understand this or critique it" argument. It's a weak argument and you're basically saying no one can criticise any creative piece of work ever unless they made it.

And here's something for the nostalgic among you (especially for you bioware, I know you love "nostalgia") ;)

Hey folks,

We want to ensure our updates release at the highest quality possible and Game Update 5.2: The War for Iokath is no different. At this point in time, we are not satisfied with the quality of the Iokath update. For that reason, we are delaying the release of 5.2 by one week, to release on April 18th. This allows the team more time to make improvements to address some of the issues still pending. We did not make this decision lightly as we are very eager for all of you to get your hands on the new storyline, reunite with old Companions, or try your hand at taking down the God of Rage himself.

As soon as we know timing for the next maintenance I will post that information. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We will post the patch notes either today or first thing tomorrow so that you know what is planned for 5.2!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by Marcus__

I know jack squat about coding etc. and I realize last minutes bugs are just as disheartening for them as it is for us but that's not going to stop me from feeling annoyed when the most common post in the developer tracker is:

"Unfortunately something something delay/bug thank you for your patience!"

Honestly I think a good chunk of people are just annoyed that win traders for season 8 will get more time.

Considering how long season 8 has been the win traders could have easily amassed an unassailable lead by now if that were their intention.

More likely it is those already in a good position getting their knickers in a twist they might lose the spots fairly and having to point the finger at win traders.

So they missed their Train (full of donuts).... twice

Still lost in the dark.....with the fix....

And the betrayer has betrayed them giving them false hopes that they will release 5.4 on time...

Crisis with Umbara continues unresolved...

stay tuned...

:cool: