#1 reason not to PvP

Kaiserfunk

In every game there are "that Guy"'s, in this game it seems to be more of the rule then the exception granted most people just grind regs for comms, deco's and gear, but seriously *** do they need to run hacks in lowbie pvp . It just proves that any butt head can load a program to cheat the system.

People that are so torn up with ego envy that they must win at any cost need to just go back to their little world and leave the rest of us (that enjoy the game the way it should be) in peace to kill each other . And for the losers that need to run hacks in 60 WZ's ........if you rocket scientists took as much time to learn how to play as you spend looking for ways to cheat maybe just maybe you might get good enough to actually win.

butthurt meter just exploded.

no butt hurt here just find it funny as h*ll to watch the same character in a Huttball match grab the ball, score..grab the ball,score... rinse repeat for a 45 sec Huttball win. Why even bother queing when you can't actually enjoy the match ....is my point.. I play a squishy toon so I expect to die repeatedly no biggie. But why waste time on PvP when it is just going to be dominated by hackers..... Makes the whole thing kinda pointless.

no butt hurt here just find it funny as h*ll to watch the same character in a Huttball match grab the ball, score..grab the ball,score... rinse repeat for a 45 sec Huttball win. Why even bother queing when you can't actually enjoy the match ....is my point.. I play a squishy toon so I expect to die repeatedly no biggie. But why waste time on PvP when it is just going to be dominated by hackers..... Makes the whole thing kinda pointless.

Well first off, hacking is by no means super common in TOR and PvP isn't dominated by hacking. Second off, which huttball map, regular huttball or Queshball?

Well first off, hacking is by no means super common in TOR and PvP isn't dominated by hacking. Second off, which huttball map, regular huttball or Queshball?

Regular Huttball and that was an actual example and hacking on BC is quite normal and the people that do it are known well enough that at certain times of the day you just don't que because it is pointless ( Imp and Pub side).

And how exactly were they hacking? Please enlighten us so we can then explain what ability they were using.

Pretty much this sadly. :/ If there was video it would be easier to tell for sure, but that falls under name and shame rules. The problem with all this stuff is it's known for a fact that it's possible to hack, but on the other hand I've sat in 4 back to back games watching the same guy frothing at the mouth screaming that my friend was speed hacking while I was standing right next to him with my fury mara popping predation ._. After 3 games of "IVE LEVELED 15 CHARACTERS ON THIS GAME AND 5 JUGGS WITH MAX VALOR, THEY CANT MOVE THAT FAST" it just turned sad.

And how exactly were they hacking? Please enlighten us so we can then explain what ability they were using.

This was not meant to turn into a flame post but anyway. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching marauders and juggy's sniper roll across the floor that one is funny (not around much any more). Watching a char with out a self healing ability heal them selves from under 1k health to max health instantly is also hilarious. And the ability to go from the end zone to the center stand and back in under 10 seconds is my all time fav.

And yes if you can explain to poor little noobie me how these are not hacks feel free. But the point is they are hacks and people use them and it takes the enjoyment out of getting killed by people that actually know how to play.

I really don't care about getting beat/losing/dying in WZ's that's what they are there for, it's the people that have to win at any cost to boost their own ego that ruin this and any other game they play for the people that don't need that false sense of accomplishment.

This was not meant to turn into a flame post but anyway. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching marauders and juggy's sniper roll across the floor that one is funny (not around much any more). Watching a char with out a self healing ability heal them selves from under 1k health to max health instantly is also hilarious. And the ability to go from the end zone to the center stand and back in under 10 seconds is my all time fav.

And yes if you can explain to poor little noobie me how these are not hacks feel free. But the point is they are hacks and people use them and it takes the enjoyment out of getting killed by people that actually know how to play.

I really don't care about getting beat/losing/dying in WZ's that's what they are there for, it's the people that have to win at any cost to boost their own ego that ruin this and any other game they play for the people that don't need that false sense of accomplishment.

Jugg - Endure pain, enraged defense (healing abilities.) Intercede (friendly leap) Leap, push (resets leap), leap. I can easily cross the huttball map in a matter of seconds on my jugg/guardian.

Sniper - covered escape, operative exfiltrate (both rolls)

Mara - I think you're confusing leap with roll lawl. Also, predation gives them and the rest of the team a speed buff.

You need to sit down and learn class abilities/animations before you start screaming haxorz.

What server did this happen on?

Jugg - Endure pain, enraged defense (healing abilities.) Intercede (friendly leap) Leap, push (resets leap), leap. I can easily cross the huttball map in a matter of seconds on my jugg/guardian.

Sniper - covered escape, operative exfiltrate (both rolls)

Mara - I think you're confusing leap with roll lawl. Also, predation gives them and the rest of the team a speed buff.

You need to sit down and learn class abilities/animations before you start screaming haxorz.

well since people just wanna pick lets make it at least good . I currently Pvp on every class in the game and while yes you can intercede /leap across the room intercede requires a target as does force push and leap, so unless there's an unknown ghost standing where they end up that would rule out intercede and leap. And while predation allows you to move quickly it has a completely different graphics performance then roll. When someone drops to the floor and turn circles across the room that i do believe is ROLL. And yes endure pain and enrage defense both grant you a health regen they do not instantly fill your bar from 1k to 40k. and by instantly I mean partail fill from endure pain add with the slower gain of enraged defense i mean slam from 1k to 40k don't blink you missed it..

So nice to see that a general post about hacks is turned into the idiot posting doesn't know anything sad to say but rather than say yes it sucks that some morons do this stuff you flame "you need to learn". This stuff was highly used on Beregen Colony for a long time and there have been guilds that have been notorious for it to the point people will just leave the WZ's rather than play against them. cuurently the use of speed hacks has droped but they still are used. but any way glad to see you care more for flaming. anyway glad to see this was a waste of time was hoping for some constuctive conversation not more of the same crap you can get in gen chat..