Thread: An idea
View Single Post

Automnal
09.08.2020 , 04:49 PM | #2
Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the current total effects of standard effects and utilities if taken to alter Force Camo:

6 seconds stealth duration
50% damage reduction
Threat reduction
Builds up to 12 stacks of Hidden Advance which give 4% damage increase per stack to next melee attack
Cleanses all cleansable negative effects

Does not break combat regardless of taken utilities.

I fail to understand how this is overpowered in PvP as I haven't played it in forever. Does it actually break combat there? If not, it just means you can't attack them for up to 6 seconds (unless you have a stealth detection ability) and while they're building Hidden Advance (if they have that utility) you have those 6 seconds to prepare for a potentially big incoming hit with your own DCDs. I can see where the inability to attack them can turn into an effective 100% DR for 6 seconds, but if you have an AoE ability that causes damage, they're still going to take that half that damage if they stay in its effect radius. The fact the abilities break on performing a damaging attack means they can't hit you without consequence either. You want to give them a hard 50% DR no matter what as long as you can see them?

I have a hard time swallowing the loss of camo in a PvE setting because of what's going on in PvP.