Why is there a level 55 training dummy on my level 33 character's ship?

The dev reply was that they were never meant to scale and that only people doing operations need the OP dummy. They fail to realize that they have Operations in this game and hard modes that are level 50 and the PvP dummy, do only level 55 characters PvP. This was a HUGE fail on BIoware's part. And again, they cheated us who paid real money for them.

Interesting. I never read that dev post. Do you know where it is?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the dummies are the only NPCs I'm aware of that scales to level, I don't see how it can ever be an accident that they scaled. It's not like someone just facerolled on their keyboard and accidentally put some code that made the training dummies that only mobs in the game that scaled to your level.

Training dummies are useful at all levels. Especially when trying to master a new spec or tinkering with your rotation. If I'm trying to tank for the first time at level 40, would you rather me work out my rotation on my ship or in a FP with you?

Also, I realize the capital worlds have different levels of dummies and since 2.1, that's were I go, but it's still a bad change. Legacy unlocks are supposed to be convenience awards, but the usefulness of these are all but gone.

Exactly in used the PvP training dummy whenever I changed specs/rotations or just haven't played that toon for awhile. I really liked being able to log on to a toon and see how fluid my rotation was and some practice versus going into a WZ and noobing out.

Anyway this was super usefully and now it's super ****** the level toons can't even hit it. Please fix this as we paid CCs for this option.

I like how so many people jump on the operations wagon. Seems like people forget about the warzone dummy. We pvp from lvl 10-endgame. I can let the ops dummy slid as always 55 but war zone does need to scale. Edited by TexasMarine

I just think that issues should be prioritized. Since the Dummy serves no purpose sub-55, I would rate this issue low on priority is all.

SO what your saying is... f everyone below 55, you dont need to practice. Right?

Nonsense, Its a good use to practice your keys and other setups.

Didn't it used to work that way though?
Maybe the person who originally coded it died, and the knowledge died with them. :(

Thus, if the current coding team attempts to crack open the ancient holocron of the lost developer and learn how to return level-scaling training dummies, it could cause a chain-reaction that results in all mobs scaling everywhere!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by SW_display_name

Maybe the person who originally coded it died, and the knowledge died with them. :(

Thus, if the current coding team attempts to crack open the ancient holocron of the lost developer and learn how to return level-scaling training dummies, it could cause a chain-reaction that results in all mobs scaling everywhere!!! :rolleyes:

I don't understand why they would have non scaling dummies... I would love to be able to test my DPS when switching out mods throughout the leveling process.

Even more, we should have dummies that attack you to test defense, and (like most other games) have dummies that YOU can scale.

My favorite "testing" area was the "Powerhouse" in Champions Online, where you could spawn mobs of a chosen enemy type, scale them between -5 and +5 of your level, the types of mobs (i.e. normal, hard, elite) and the size... it really really really really helped with build creation.

They clearly don't know how to write the code that scales the ship dummies with the character of ownership. Otherwise they would have responded to this by now. Don't let them fool you.

But it DID scale before patch 2.0, so that isn't the case, it can't be.