How do you avoid unwanted stats?

TheAlopex

In the case of my Sage, alacrity. In the case of my Assassin, accuracy. I'm sure other classes are similar. (Merc/Mandos try to avoid alacrity like the plague, but can they?)

I read a lot that those stats just aren't worth stacking up on, yet I see no way around it. The mods that come with the PvP gear are the only mods with expertise on them, as far as I know, and all of them are chock full of alacrity, accuracy, or shield.

So how do you gear up prioritizing other stats? Do you just have to take what's given to you in BM/WH gear and make up for it with augments of the stats you actually want?

Don't hang out in the same pubs as them.

ORRRRRR... get gear which has the mods you want, and switch them into your stuff. Different sets or class gear can have different stats that may be more useful, and still have expertise. Sometimes earlier gear is simply better itemised.

Case in point: accuracy for scrappers. Our Enforcer PvP gear has/had stacks of it, and it's pretty much useless for us. I had to buy a wardrobe full of Field Tech boots to rip the mods out and swap them into my gear.

So: find mods with stats that better suit your needs, find out how to get them, obtain, swap into your gear.

Edited by Wainamoinen

In the case of my Sage, alacrity. In the case of my Assassin, accuracy. I'm sure other classes are similar. (Merc/Mandos try to avoid alacrity like the plague, but can they?)

I read a lot that those stats just aren't worth stacking up on, yet I see no way around it. The mods that come with the PvP gear are the only mods with expertise on them, as far as I know, and all of them are chock full of alacrity, accuracy, or shield.

So how do you gear up prioritizing other stats? Do you just have to take what's given to you in BM/WH gear and make up for it with augments of the stats you actually want?

For my assassin, I bought 7xWH Force Master offhand for mods + armourings, 2xAdvanced Resolve Armouring 26, 5xWH Force Mystic mainhand for enhancements, and chucked it in a Columi set with legacy belt + bracers (for the set bonus). I have 106 accuracy (iirc) and that's from my implants, which are poorly itemised. Work out what is your BIS, work out what gear has those mods and enhancements you need, get them.

Edited by hate-wizard

For my assassin, I bought 7xWH Force Master offhand for mods + armourings, 2xAdvanced Resolve Armouring 26, 5xWH Force Mystic mainhand for enhancements, and chucked it in a Columi set with legacy belt + bracers (for the set bonus). I have 106 accuracy (iirc) and that's from my implants, which are poorly itemised. Work out what is your BIS, work out what gear has those mods and enhancements you need, get them.

This is great advice. Exactly what I was looking for. I hadn't considered taking mods and armorings from offhands for BiS. Good thing the only things I've spent comms on so far were for bonus-granting pieces, otherwise I'd feel very silly! Many thanks.