Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Plus there's Koth. He bailed because of Arcann's rule, even while being fooled by Valkorion's "benevolence". The refugees bailed because of Arcann's rule. There is no way that I can accept that Zakuul wasn't already falling apart. Ultimately, Arcann is a redeemed tyrant, if allowed to be, but he was a tyrant, and was really bad at it, and the idea that it was Vaylin's psychosis rather than his own that lead to the crumbling empire is just odd. She certainly didn't help in her six months, but he had a full five years to tear it down, and let's be serious, considering who set it up in the first place, they were probably both doing the galaxy a favor by doing so. It's just a shame that they caused so much harm otherwise.

The Zakuulan empire was designed by Valkorian, though and I also don't think Arcann was Emperor for 5 years, was he? The 5 years took place before he kills his father. I think Zakuul beginning to fall apart was more a story of what happens when the children of rulers inherit thrones they are not equipped or prepared to handle, especially when they are raised without empathy or love. Arcann and Vaylin were both very young, very angry, and extremely arrogant. I don't think Vaylin cared at all what ultimately happened to the throne, I think she just wanted to see the galaxy burn in the end. Also, Zakuul was made fragile by Valkorian since they didn't do anything for themselves for generations, they don't know how to handle even the slightest bit of turbulence or instability so it isn't surprising that it would have all fallen apart if it got jostled too much.

I just really, really want to see where Arcann goes, who he becomes, etc with Zakuul in the background and I think it would be a massive waste of potential not to keep him as a main character to develop as the story goes forward. To me, his path to redemption has only just begun since nothing has really happened since then.

Edited by Jesira

I now realize that my Post seemed to imply that Arcann was a good ruler and not responsible for his actions. Forgive me, that was not my intention at all. Yes, the Zakuulians were far from adoring Arcann as their Emperor. However, again, we can attribute a great deal of this to Valky again. If you read Thexan's codex entry he was the Golden son of the Eternal Empire the assumed heir apparent and the most beloved member of the royal family after Valkorian. Valky controlled all of that, convincing the people that Arcann was the lesser son and unfit to be heir. So, the discontent was sown long before Thexan's death.

I now realize that my Post seemed to imply that Arcann was a good ruler and not responsible for his actions. Forgive me, that was not my intention at all. Yes, the Zakuulians were far from adoring Arcann as their Emperor. However, again, we can attribute a great deal of this to Valky again. If you read Thexan's codex entry he was the Golden son of the Eternal Empire the assumed heir apparent and the most beloved member of the royal family after Valkorian. Valky controlled all of that, convincing the people that Arcann was the lesser son and unfit to be heir. So, the discontent was sown long before Thexan's death.

Good point. This just makes me want to see where Arcann goes even more lol.:(

I would like to get into what makes him different from Thexan and Valkorian now that he is "free" of all of that, and not just the negative qualities.

Edited by Jesira

In one of his letters Arcann said that "Thexan found a way to cope" with Valkorians abuse and conditioning while he and Vaylin broke under it. I think we definitely need to have a cutscene where PC and Arcann really talk about the past and Thexan and what happened. In the mini-movie Arcann clearly never meant to cut Thexan down, so some clarity would be great.

In one of his letters Arcann said that "Thexan found a way to cope" with Valkorians abuse and conditioning while he and Vaylin broke under it. I think we definitely need to have a cutscene where PC and Arcann really talk about the past and Thexan and what happened. In the mini-movie Arcann clearly never meant to cut Thexan down, so some clarity would be great.

We know what happened though. Thexan was just stronger willed than Arcann, and Vaylin got Subject Zero'd and went insane.

Edited by Atma

We know what happened though. Thexan was just stronger willed than Arcann, and Vaylin got Subject Zero'd and went insane.

We know what happened in that we know Valkorian was an abusive, terrible father and what the end result of his actions were with his children in general, but I think they could certainly delve much deeper into Arcann's thought process and feelings about all of that, and where he will go with that now, especially for characters in a romance with him.

• 4 months later...

I'm necroing this because we got zero Arcann content in Onslaught and I need a support group :o

On a serious note, I actually thought that the chance of getting a letter was pretty good. There was a lot in Onslaught that I really liked, but I must admit I'm a little exhausted with having to constantly lower my expectations even more when it comes to what I want most of all: a full cast of companions characters that feel alive and involved in the storyline, especially LIs. I don't even need expensive cutscenes - a bit of ambient dialogue or a letter would be enough for me.

Something I did appreciate in this update was the ability to call on a companion of your choice and see them moving around with you in cutscenes. I got a lot of good screenshots of Arcann brooding in the background while my Knight quested on Onderon and Mek-Sha :p

I have some concerns for the future storyline, though. MASSIVE SPOILER IN THE BOX, please don't read unless you've finished Onslaught's storyline or don't mind getting spoiled:

I desperately hope that Arcann and Senya will have something to say about Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion's final weapon, the plague. I assume it'll be the focus of future expansions and it would feel so weird if it didn't impact Arcann or your relationship with him at all. Do you think he'll get some lines about it?

Anyway, here's Arcann and my Zabrak Jedi Knight as Funko Pops. Hope you like them - I killed an Obi-Wan and a Rey to make them ;)

Edited by witchglove

Something I did appreciate in this update was the ability to call on a companion of your choice and see them moving around with you in cutscenes. I got a lot of good screenshots of Arcann brooding in the background while my Knight quested on Onderon and Mek-Sha :p

Yeah, there wasn't much input from most companions, but it was at least nice to be able to do most of the missions with whoever we chose. Helped us write part of our own story, in a way. :)

Where is he:mad:

lmao there really was next to 0 romance in this expansion regardless of LI, hoping there are updates in the future where the companions that aren't Lana or Theron at least check in. Surprised there's no mail, either :(

As it was made pretty much official by Charles on the live stream just now we had today,🤗

Thank you Devs for making this possible! A lot of us have been pining for Arcann romance and a force male user love interest in generals as us girls haven't exactly had any! (Urtel Moren) doesn't count.:rak_03:

I can't wait to see how this romance will pan out and I can't express my happiness enough!

Thank you so much!!!! He's such an amazing character. :D

I've never been so excited about a LI before, also his voice actor is so amazing, I'm happy you chose Erik Todd Dellums, he brings him to life and Arcann wouldn't have been Arcann with that super sexy voice!!!

Thanks so much and thanks for noticing the ones who want it! :D:D:D

If you like the contents of this thread or are happy with the upcoming Arcann romance, please give rate this thread 5 at the bottom right! :)

Good to see twelve year olds emotions catered to.

• 3 weeks later...

I desperately hope that Arcann and Senya will have something to say about Tenebrae/Vitiate/Valkorion's final weapon, the plague. I assume it'll be the focus of future expansions and it would feel so weird if it didn't impact Arcann or your relationship with him at all. Do you think he'll get some lines about it?

Anyway, here's Arcann and my Zabrak Jedi Knight as Funko Pops. Hope you like them - I killed an Obi-Wan and a Rey to make them ;)

Given the mandalorian/BH contextual dialogue/interaction in onslaught I'm hopeful that comps with something to say on the subject will :)

I'm also very impressed with your improvised Funko Pops <3

• 1 month later...

Hello there! Back from the dead... or from a really busy 8 months period outside of the game. I forgot how much working on the writing of a LARP can be time consuming...

So I get that there is not that much to expect on our sexy ex-emperor's side from the moment I left around May?

• 1 month later...

Sub briefly and come to peek into the forum. I haven't done 6.1 yet but I know Erik been complaining about not playing Arcann for a long time now. I hope they bring everyone back and write enough dialogues to make it worth everyone's time.

So far my Arcann content is served in Dragon Prince. :p

• 4 months later...
This thread is amazing! Don't know if anyone's still active here, but what do you guys think of Erik Todd Dellums' recent tweets saying that he was voicing Arcann again for 6.2? So excited for more romance and story content with him - after his complete silence on Scourge's initial revelations, I'm happy that the writers haven't forgotten about Arcann in the light of the Emperor's plague and possible return.

This thread is amazing! Don't know if anyone's still active here, but what do you guys think of Erik Todd Dellums' recent tweets saying that he was voicing Arcann again for 6.2? So excited for more romance and story content with him - after his complete silence on Scourge's initial revelations, I'm happy that the writers haven't forgotten about Arcann in the light of the Emperor's plague and possible return.

I really hope he and Theron will have something to say before we go find Satele and her gang to fight against Tenebrae's last weapon as they're both tied to Tenebrae and Satele respectively, so it'd make sense for them to come talk to us, and when we come back from that mission too as i guess none of them will come with us and we'll only go with Kira and Scourge.

And adding some romance content for both of them would be even better, especially for Arcann who haven't received much romance content or even much content at all since he became a romance option.

• 2 months later...
I hear Arcann is going to make a return. What do you think he'll do this time?

He never went away unless you killed him, etc. He's a companion now.

Unless you mean in a new story? If so , where did you hear this, and shows us the source please :)

Edited by DarkTergon

• 1 month later...
My JC really hopes she gets a mission with Arcann. Sure the kiss was nice, and the little bit when he supported her with Theron as so sweet, but I really want some discussions on her place in the Jedi, and their relationship now that she's back at her real job. Also, what path does Arcann want for his own life? How does he see his own future?

Personally, I think Senya should be Odessen's Senator. Maybe they could work together on that.

• 1 month later...

So, how did everyone like the content we got in Echoes?

My take (full of spoilers):

My expectations were almost non-existent, so I'm pretty much over the moon. The short conversation on Odessen was wonderful. I will never tire of listening to Arcann's angst about Valkorion or seeing my Knight soothe and reassure him (she loves a project, I guess! :o)

The kiss was tender and very sweet. And the letter - he actually said he loves her! I'll be honest: I really wanted to hear that in Arcann's voice. On the other hand, I feel it is in character for him to be most vulnerable and romantic in writing (he always was) - and I actually didn't think we would ever get those words from him at all.

If I have to criticise - and I hate to do it, but I feel this needs to be said - much of what he said is more or less a rehash of what he said or wrote the last times. I do wish that they would do a bit more with him. Specifically, I want exactly what JakRoanin wants (as quoted below).

I was very happy that Thexan made an appearance and that his single line of dialogue indicated forgiveness for Arcann, but I wanted so much more than that. I understand the decision to prioritise Vaylin in that scene, and I do think it was the right call for the story overall, but I really wanted Arcann and Thexan to actually speak - or, at least, for Arcann to speak to my character about Thexan (and Vaylin) afterwards. I did love seeing the brothers fight their father side by side. I can do so much with that in my own head-canon :D

My JC really hopes she gets a mission with Arcann. Sure the kiss was nice, and the little bit when he supported her with Theron as so sweet, but I really want some discussions on her place in the Jedi, and their relationship now that she's back at her real job. Also, what path does Arcann want for his own life? How does he see his own future?

Personally, I think Senya should be Odessen's Senator. Maybe they could work together on that.

This! This is everything I want.

Edited by witchglove

My JC loved, loved, loved, loved, their moment.... :D but oh boy was I incensed that...

I woke up with Lana in my face

I can tell myself that Arcann and Senya needed a bit of alone time, honestly, they went through yet another level of hell. The letter was AMAZING!

The only thing I worry about is...

Vaylin has probably been body-sntching.

My JC loved, loved, loved, loved, their moment.... :D but oh boy was I incensed that...

I woke up with Lana in my face

I can tell myself that Arcann and Senya needed a bit of alone time, honestly, they went through yet another level of hell. The letter was AMAZING!

I know! If I felt that Lana was the BFF she seems to think she is, it might be okay. My Knight wanted Arcann in that scene, obviously - but failing that, she wanted Kira who is actually her BFF. Lana just comes across as so weird for characters who aren't in a romance with her or view her as a very close friend. To my Knight, she comes across as someone with an obsessive, unhealthy and unrequited crush...

The only thing I worry about is...

Vaylin has probably been body-sntching.

AHHHH! I only just

saw the letters from Senya and Satele. Do you think Vaylin snatched Syl's body?! :eek: I actually do want this to happen, if only because it must mean that Arcann and Senya will be involved in the story again ;)