Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

The problem is aggressive people (such as yourself) coming from the pvp server. Merge that whiny group to US pvp servers and merge the two pve/rp servers together in Oceanic region (the two player bases from pve and rp servers at least aren't completely in opposition unlike the pvp server people), if that's even necessary.

The pvp server people will just cause disruption. Can see that from the way they default to anger and aggression, and name-calling, like they do in this thread. Don't want that stuff on the pve servers thanks.

Not true. There are plenty of us not whining at all still on Master D that would be beneficial to the PvE server(s). Most of us are keeping a close eye on the thread but aren't posting.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thought(and only mine idea alone):

Merge the PVE and RP servers.

As to the PVPers, allow them to transfer to the new joint APAC server(which will remain FOREVER a PVE-RP server), or they could transfer to any other PVP server in the world.

OK, OK.. it'll be an RP-PVE server... ok now u RPers? :D

I'm looking forward to 1.6 and not being able to play the new Warzone if I dont get in to the Queue Chain.

Queue Chain - The same 8 people who manage to get in to the ONE warzone that runs due to our shocking population that is still being ignored.

^This

I'm astounded at the lack of news from BW on this issue D:

What are you talking about? They said they are looking into it and will give us some news in a few days......4 months ago......

Bw, F2P has increased our population on MDN by a tiny amount. It won't save this server. Get your head out of the clouds and do something proactive.

I'm happy for people to be allowed to transfer off the RP Server and the PVP server to Dalborra, but if this thread results in people being allowed to transfer OFF Dalborra, then it will only serve to kill off what population it has, despite still being the highest of the three servers.

After a few months of struggle, I finally gave up, I am leaving the APAC servers.

I left 3 lvl 50 behind and will transfer them to Harbinger once I am allowed to do so.

The ping I get from the west coast is twice better and the population 4 times the amount seen on Dalborra....

What a rip-off BW !

I'm happy for people to be allowed to transfer off the RP Server and the PVP server to Dalborra, but if this thread results in people being allowed to transfer OFF Dalborra, then it will only serve to kill off what population it has, despite still being the highest of the three servers.

Unfortunately, that may very well be the result, anyways.

It doesn't really matter which of the three servers has the 'highest population' at this point. I know for a fact that Gav Daragon is the only one of the three consistently rated above 'Low' population in all but off-peak hours (thus the 'evidence' is that GD is the 'highest population server'), but that counts for pretty much nothing. It is unlikely that either Dal or GD has much of a population advantage over the other. We all want to think the server we play on is doing 'the best' (though folks on MDN are 'spared' this notion, from what I've seen), but absent real EA numbers, there's just no way to know. Even the server status message that says Gav Daragon is 'the most populated' means nothing...because until EA shows us some numbers, we just won't know. All three are ailing and underpopulated.

The unvarnished fact is that the population on all three would see a lot of people jumping ship if they instituted paid transfers without first attempting a merge of the servers, and all three would quickly choke and keel over. If you allow transfers off server X, you'd pretty much have to allow them off of server Y and server Z as well (substitute whichever server name for whichever letter you like). Merging the servers first would allow everyone to see if the consolidated population was viable enough (and by all accounts, this is pretty much the only solution that would work, apart from cross-server WZ/FP/OPS group finder).