Gree errr Gank event....

chosonman

Some people look very hard for excuses to destroy the fun others have.

Those who actually LOVE destroying other people's fun imho have quite an psychological problem.

To me, they're like hooligans "having fun" in RL beating others with their fists. And yes, these people actually do exist ...

We'll talk again when you are 40+ years old in RL, and try to do the Gree event ... Oh, wait, SWTOR won't last until then ...

This is the current generation of players : Having fun according to "after me comes the deluge" ...

Living for fun alone ...

Pvp is probably not for you then. It is player vs player - meaning you commit to defeating your opponent's, it does not get much more straightforward than that really.

Age has nothing to do with anything. You simply cannot generalize about people playing a computer game just because you might struggle with with a certain aspect of it. What you are doing is stereotyping people, or worse than that you assume because you are older than people who enjoy the thrill of pvp combat in this game you have some kind of insight into how people behave in the real world (you do not) or that older people cannot play as well as younger people (again completely false).

I cannot agree (as a player of 37), there are many of us older gamers out there approaching 40 or beyond but I think it is unfair to condescend younger players who enjoy this aspect of the game and compare them to hooligans etc.

Quit playing the victim and seeing everyone who can play pvp as a bully. Sure there are arseholes in every game, especially in pvp but I think you have a skewed perspective in this instance. Just my thoughts. Have a good day sir.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who actually LOVE destroying other people's fun imho have quite an psychological problem.

To me, they're like hooligans "having fun" in RL beating others with their fists. And yes, these people actually do exist ...

We'll talk again when you are 40+ years old in RL, and try to do the Gree event ... Oh, wait, SWTOR won't last until then ...

This is the current generation of players : Having fun according to "after me comes the deluge" ...

Living for fun alone ...

This event is a rare and voluntary opportunity to acquire some legacy gear, participate in open-world pvp, or both. No one is forced to pvp if they'd rather not. Your abysmal armchair psychology misses the mark on so many levels that it's hard to know where to begin.

We are enjoying the opportunity to kill each other because it's rare on a pve server. It's also voluntary...I realize I mentioned that before, but perhaps redundancy will succeed where common sense has died. We are simply enjoying a rare opportunity for voluntary open-world pvp. Further analysis is unnecessary, not that you appear capable.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Living for fun alone ...

Lol.

You are so clueless it is hilarious.

Stop playing the victim card and grow a pair.

I have no problem with faction v faction ganking... I think that is the most fun... But I wish they would either stop same faction on same faction in the PVP area... If people still want that option, then give them a different flag for pvp type... ie, flagged for same faction... Or at least change the name colour from red to yellow or blue for the same faction...

So many times you want to help someone not in your group who is getting ganked and they get hit as well while trying to help them... Or so many times you start attacking them and realise ... Oh **** I didn't mean that and vice-versa

i like all of this event. even the silly pve stuff ;) made me join my first WB/ops parties lol

as for the topic of this thread, i agree with the point that if you pick up a quest labeled as [pvp] and go into an area where you're auto-flagged to everyone but your 3 mates in your party of 4, then you know what to expect.

tried to solo the daily, got ganked by groups.

helped a pve-geared friend, we got ganked (though, only a few times) by groups.

tried to farm the droid that drops the green rep token + pet, got ganked a few times.

got many 1v1 fights.

got many XvX fights.

joined some friends who were already in a 4-group which led to hilarious "oh sorry, didnt mean to"-moments.

all good fun. and expected.

the rep you gain from these two lousy quests can be skipped if you can't be bothered to accept the game mode intended for this area.

Yeah similar experience, tried to do them on my sorc whilst flagged, got blown up by groups of 8 wandering around so then I went on my operative and kept sapping them all and caught up with the guy advertising for their group earlier and taught him the errors in his ways :)

i like all of this event. even the silly pve stuff ;) made me join my first WB/ops parties lol

as for the topic of this thread, i agree with the point that if you pick up a quest labeled as [pvp] and go into an area where you're auto-flagged to everyone but your 3 mates in your party of 4, then you know what to expect.

tried to solo the daily, got ganked by groups.

helped a pve-geared friend, we got ganked (though, only a few times) by groups.

tried to farm the droid that drops the green rep token + pet, got ganked a few times.

got many 1v1 fights.

got many XvX fights.

joined some friends who were already in a 4-group which led to hilarious "oh sorry, didnt mean to"-moments.

all good fun. and expected.

the rep you gain from these two lousy quests can be skipped if you can't be bothered to accept the game mode intended for this area.

I like this post, well said. :)

LFM heroic PVE/unflagged make me laugh a bit..once i do xeno on all chars i do only blue rep missions: pvp pylon, advanced analysis and the heroic in pvp area for the lulz and less crowd, and you can kill the crowd :-P. it goes much more smoothly than doing it in pve area..there's nothing worse than being attacked with my pve gear on..once you get flagged you put your pvp gear on and you'll be fine 90% of the times. most of gankers in pve area, are pve geared so basicly easy 2vs.1 wins for a decent and geared player. and the most important thing i learnt at first gree and rakghoul events is: go with a group..it discourages most of the gankers.

at the same time i won't spare the lonely sorc/mara doing alone the pylon mission..i usually let em complete it and then gank

Ah yes, the horrendous Gree event, heh.

Like saying warm dung tastes better than cold dung.

Quite sad, really . . .

I don't even know what the gree event is. but genking is bad.......it is a game killer.

Most....no ALL genkers are the ones who allways loose so they team up to make their pathetic personalites feel better by genking on others.

Genking is ONLY harassment.

That being said, seems that on swtor at least genking isn't the main issue with pvp

NO exeption ALL genkers should be imidiately badded and their accounts deactivated!

Genkers are LOOSERs, no exeptions!

you are flagged and open world pvp is anything goes. and what is badded? and no they are playing within the rules so they should not have their account deactivated. thats like saying that people who die in owpvp should have their characters permadead.

you are flagged and open world pvp is anything goes. and what is badded? and no they are playing within the rules so they should not have their account deactivated. thats like saying that people who die in owpvp should have their characters permadead.

when 4 lvl 55s run around on Tython and just randomly kills lvl 1 -10s it is harrasment no matter what the rules say.

I am taking on the non pvp server where People gen, it has not happened alot to me but it has.

harrassment no exeptions= ban and acount delete! then all genking will stop....easy.

when 4 lvl 55s run around on Tython and just randomly kills lvl 1 -10s it is harrasment no matter what the rules say.

I am taking on the non pvp server where People gen, it has not happened alot to me but it has.

harrassment no exeptions= ban and acount delete! then all genking will stop....easy.

You sir, are a liar.

you cant randomly kill anyone on tython. unless you are flagged for pvp. i know you are having trouble with the concept of open world pvp. if you are flagged as stated in another post you are fair game. never once on tython was i killed by a level 55. i dont kno wif you can flag yourself for pvp at 10 and under.

and it isnt harassment! no one will get account deleted for that because you think its unfair. its all in the game

you cant randomly kill anyone on tython. unless you are flagged for pvp. i know you are having trouble with the concept of open world pvp. if you are flagged as stated in another post you are fair game. never once on tython was i killed by a level 55. i dont kno wif you can flag yourself for pvp at 10 and under.

and it isnt harassment! no one will get account deleted for that because you think its unfair. its all in the game

I made an error here I see. I reffered to genking on the PVP server. I have plenty times been there only to be genked by some pathetic looser With a god complex high Level killing low Levels, then they have one by the med center, and the rest waits for you to spawn...........trust that is not With in the rules

I made an error here I see. I reffered to genking on the PVP server. I have plenty times been there only to be genked by some pathetic looser With a god complex high Level killing low Levels, then they have one by the med center, and the rest waits for you to spawn...........trust that is not With in the rules

What rule are you referencing?

Please tell me what exploit you used to get an Imp over to Tython. Oh wait. There isn't one. As a poster above said, you're a liar.

Please tell me what exploit you used to get an Imp over to Tython. Oh wait. There isn't one. As a poster above said, you're a liar.

Don't mind him, he's just one of those anti-pvp whiners that makes **** up to support claims that pvpers are big meany poopy-heads.

It is literally impossible for an empire player to go to Tython....Seriously, do you even play this game?

It is literally impossible for an empire player to go to Tython....Seriously, do you even play this game?

A player, yes. A Sith NPC? No.

A while ago I ran into a Fallen Jedi NPC on Korriban standing right next to the Red Matrix Crystal datacron. It was a level 8 or 10 Champion. So, it is conceivable that a Sith NPC could appear on Tython, though I've never seen one. A player's toon is impossible unless said player found a way to 'highjack' the system to put him or herself there.

A player, yes. A Sith NPC? No.

A while ago I ran into a Fallen Jedi NPC on Korriban standing right next to the Red Matrix Crystal datacron. It was a level 8 or 10 Champion. So, it is conceivable that a Sith NPC could appear on Tython, though I've never seen one. A player's toon is impossible unless said player found a way to 'highjack' the system to put him or herself there.

given this particular poster is not forth coming on proof of his/her memory is foggy at best on certain issues. it is entirely plausible that he made it up. but hey its the internet we can post whatever we want to justify a point.