Let us buy rare cartel pack items individually from the Cartel Market

DarthTexas

I have yet to purchase a single pack from the cartel market, but have bought multiple items from them on the GTN. I hate the randomness of the packs and have millions of credits in game so I can buy anything I want from the packs – I just have to wait a few days to acquire it.

There are many, many items from the packs that I would buy directly from the market if they were sold individually, but I refuse to participate in the gambling aspect of buying cartel packs.

My middle ground solution is to keep new packs coming into the game, but once BioWare has released enough new packs, then the rares and super rares from previous packs are added to the market individually. So if there are packs A, B & C for sale, then once pack D goes on the market, then all the rare items from pack A are put up for sale individually. Keep selling the pack, but also provide the option to get those items a la carte.

I’m a patient guy, I can wait a few weeks to spend my thousands of cartel coins on the items I want, but out of principle I will never buy a cartel pack.

So, you want them to sell a bunch of cartel packs, then you refuse to buy them because you dont want the rare aspect of getting a rare item. Then after selling X amount of cartel packs put the rare items up for sale on the Cartel Market... making them not rare at all, probably outraging the people who did spend money trying to get the items from the packs in the first place.

I don't have access to BioWare's numbers, but if I were to guess, I would think the newer cartel packs sell better than the older ones, and the longer the pack is available, the less it sells.

My suggestion is that after a few months when the pack is no longer selling as it was, that the rare items become available a la carte. They did this exact thing with the Life Day Pack - after only selling the pack for a short while, they then put all the items in the market individually.

There are many, many items from the packs that I would buy directly from the market if they were sold individually, but I refuse to participate in the gambling aspect of buying cartel packs.

Random is the nature of this beast. Bioware already gives you another way to aquire the items. Buy them from other players.

I usually buy the older packs because those are the more rare items, like blockade runner, they have the armor sets that sell for the big money, (Basically referencing revan), the ones that arent bought are the most rare which is what gives it the novelty of having a rare item, they are rare. if you release an outfit to the cartel market (IE Revans outfit) it would basically become just like common gear.

Random is the nature of this beast. Bioware already gives you another way to aquire the items. Buy them from other players.

I already do just that - I have millions of credits that I can buy whatever I want.

I'm not the only one that dislikes the gambling aspect of the packs, and I refuse to purchase any. I gave a suggestion that would likely net BioWare more money. More choice is always good.

I already do just that - I have millions of credits that I can buy whatever I want.

I'm not the only one that dislikes the gambling aspect of the packs, and I refuse to purchase any. I gave a suggestion that would likely net BioWare more money. More choice is always good.

I think the Cartel Packs are the best items on the market *shrug*

It might net them more money, but its still a bad idea. The CM is already spanned with the stupid purchasable armour sets

I noted in the token thread that it goes against the pack business model. The same for this concept.

Some items you can buy from the market. Some items you buy a chance for the item to drop. The former gains some cc purchases, the later gains many many more cc purchases.

Another option: wait for the market to provide more choice. They've said almost every month there will be new items and new looks. If you go all in now you'll likely still want to change later.

• 1 month later...

That only really works if the other players don't put outrageous or extremely high prices on the items.

From the Blockade Runner Packs, I ended up with around 5 sets of the Revan Chest Piece and Robes. Still have a few of them left to trade or sell - and I've tried to do that a few times on the GTN, but kept getting my items returned to me since no one bought them.

I usually buy the older packs because those are the more rare items, like blockade runner, they have the armor sets that sell for the big money, (Basically referencing revan), the ones that arent bought are the most rare which is what gives it the novelty of having a rare item, they are rare. if you release an outfit to the cartel market (IE Revans outfit) it would basically become just like common gear.

I'd like to see the Two-Color Crystals be available to get outside of a pack, and the Meditation Hoverchairs - because some players put them on the GTN for way too many credits most of the time.

Some rare/super rare items like the Revan gear should just stay as a random inclusion in the packs, but other items would be nice to be able to just buy specifically in the Cartel Market.

I can't tell you how many things were in this latest shipment that I would've bought had they been on the market directly. By all means, charge more for them than what you'd get charged in buying the packs. Go crazy and list that skiff speeder at $20. If I'm spending money, I need a guarantee. Others would rather gamble for the chance to get the item at a much lower price. I've got no problem with the gambling packs as long as they're not the only option.

Case in point - I picked up that Carth Onasi set for my smuggler for dirt cheap on the GTN. Had that been on the CM on Tuesday for 15$, I probably would've shelled out the dough for it.