When are they gonna fix Warrior stuns so they work?

QuietGoneJinn

Kind of getting sick of having to "roll" for a "chance" that I may or may not stun my opponents. :p It's basically a 25% whether Intimidating Roar or Force Choke will actually work.

Usually this happens:

Force Choke: Minor damage inflicted on opponent. Opponent's 100% mobile. A "stun" where I cannot attack yet my opponents can attack me. Awesome ability! :p

Intimidating Roar: Pretty little wave graphic lights up the floor. Nothing else really happens, opponents just walk through it -probably admiring how pretty I've made the battlefield with this "stun".

All jokes aside, it's been almost a year, have they ever addressed these issues with plans to resolve them?

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

Roar is a mezz, not a stun.

Anyways, maybe the guy was full resolved or had talents/skills that make them immune to cc, which is why it didn't work. Or they used their cc breaker.

No this isn't something that just happened, and once. This has been fairly regular since practically launch. It's something that happens multiple times in every Warzone.

What is happening is there is a difference between where the opponent appears on your screen and where he actually is (on the server). So you think he is in range of your Force Choke and you activate it, but then he is out of range and you are left standing there like an idiot with your hand in the air.

If it makes you feel any better, certain other classes have similar issues. For example, for Bounty Hunters, there is a significant lag between activating their stun ability (ElectroDart) and when the stun actually attempts to stun the enemy. As a result is it almost impossible to use that stun on maps like Huttball where target placement is a key priority.

No this isn't something that just happened, and once. This has been fairly regular since practically launch. It's something that happens multiple times in every Warzone.

I've been playing my guardian since launch, and I don't remember force stasis bug happening multiple times per match.

I've been playing my guardian since launch, and I don't remember force stasis bug happening multiple times per match.

Same. The only bug I've found, with force stasis anyways, is that while having the ability that supposedly makes it work without channeling... doesnt work, and leaves me standing there holding the guy in stasis and unable to do anything else. No cast bar or anything showing a channel, just a loss of control. Tends to mostly happen if I fire the ability while standing still... if I'm moving it doesnt seem to stick me in place.

Same. The only bug I've found, with force stasis anyways, is that while having the ability that supposedly makes it work without channeling... doesnt work, and leaves me standing there holding the guy in stasis and unable to do anything else. No cast bar or anything showing a channel, just a loss of control. Tends to mostly happen if I fire the ability while standing still... if I'm moving it doesnt seem to stick me in place.

It has a pushback. Unless u eliminate the pushback the no channel skill is useless..

It has a pushback. Unless u eliminate the pushback the no channel skill is useless..

What?

The talent (stasis mastery) removes the channeling from the skill (force stasis) and works most of the time. Sometimes, though, you fire off stasis and it locks both you and your opponent in place. There's no channelling bar on you, but you cant do anything, not even stop whatever's going on, it just locks you up for a good second or two.

Intimidating Roar: Pretty little wave graphic lights up the floor. Nothing else really happens, opponents just walk through it -probably admiring how pretty I've made the battlefield with this "stun".[/size]

2 possibilities I can think of:

1) Due to latency your character's actual position on the server is not the same as where you think you are on your screen. One example of this is when playing my Sorc, I will sometimes Force Speed past a fire trap and use my friendly pull afterwards on a teammate, but due to client-server lag it actually pulls my teammate into the fire trap instead of where I am currently

2) Your opponents have DoTs on them - Intimidating roar is a mez, so it breaks immediately on taking any damage of any kind. Gunslinger Shrap Bomb is a prime suspect here

What?

The talent (stasis mastery) removes the channeling from the skill (force stasis) and works most of the time. Sometimes, though, you fire off stasis and it locks both you and your opponent in place. There's no channelling bar on you, but you cant do anything, not even stop whatever's going on, it just locks you up for a good second or two.

Yeah force stasis has a pushback. It delays the next attack by x amount. Unless u are talking about actual movement impairment, I am pretty sure this is what u are experiencing.. Look in the Rage/Focus and eliminate the pushback.... Report back... I think it is the talent to the right of obliterate/zeal leap...

Funny how I have a jugg and it never happened to me with any cc. You just don't understand resolve/other classes abbilities/cc breakers.

My force chokes lift for .1 seconds then they drop back and start attacking again for another couple seconds then get pulled back up and choked for .1 more seconds at the end meaning I just disabled myself 3 seconds to disable an enemy .2 seconds....

not if you spec into it on the defensive tree...

Yeah force stasis has a pushback. It delays the next attack by x amount. Unless u are talking about actual movement impairment

I am talking about actual movement impairment. And in any case, the talent you refer to, reducing pushback, refers to reducing the effect of being hit on the channeling bar and decreasing the effect channel time, and if there's no channeling of the spell, i.e. it's an instant spell with the force stasis talent, then it's kind of irrelevant. That talent is relevant only if it's not instant, in which case you'd be able to channel it for full duration regardless of taking damage while doing it.

Edited by Polebreaker

I am talking about actual movement impairment. And in any case, the talent you refer to, reducing pushback, refers to reducing the effect of being hit on the channeling bar and decreasing the effect channel time, and if there's no channeling of the spell, i.e. it's an instant spell with the force stasis talent, then it's kind of irrelevant. That talent is relevant only if it's not instant, in which case you'd be able to channel it for full duration regardless of taking damage while doing it.
o

Pushback has noting to do with channel time affects, its all about an added animation after a skill is used. Casters have certain attacks that have pushback, this one does as well. Adding points to the talent reduces the time before u can do followup actions...

Funny how I have a jugg and it never happened to me with any cc. You just don't understand resolve/other classes abbilities/cc breakers.
Well aren't you special! :) But I know they're not breaking me with a CC, as others have stated, Force Choke has an ebb and flow to it. I lift them, drop them, lift them, drop them. It shouldn't be like that, when it works, they should be up for the full duration OR if they break it, cause me to no longer be channeling the attack. Edited by QuietGoneJinn