Does HK-51 legacy unlock require the quest?

Jason_T

the tooltip said it was legacy-wide. was that a typo? also, how much does it cost to unlock it?

There are TWO seperate unlocks. actually, three...

First one is on the OTHER tab. This is required to make him available legacy wide.

Second/Third are on Caracter Perks. One is for Republic Toons, the other for Imperials.

These will unlock him on individual characters. Be careful you don't unlock the wrong faction, you won't get a refund OR droid. You can unlock him at any level. I got him at level 4 for my bounty hunter.

All of his gear will appear broken, and you'll have a flashing red icon on his portrait until you replace everything with level appropriate gear.

It costs a million credits per character, or about 750 cartel coins. (I don't recall the exact amount, sorry)

Edited by JacksonMo

First one is on the OTHER tab. This is required to make him available legacy wide.

Second/Third are on Caracter Perks. One is for Republic Toons, the other for Imperials.

These will unlock him on individual characters. Be careful you don't unlock the wrong faction, you won't get a refund OR droid. You can unlock him at any level. I got him at level 4 for my bounty hunter.

Does this mean that to unlock him for your Imperial 'toons you must first complete the HK 51 questline on a level 50 Imperial? That is, as I completed it on a Republic toon, he doesn't become available to unlock for my imperial toons, only my Republic ones?

Does this mean that to unlock him for your Imperial 'toons you must first complete the HK 51 questline on a level 50 Imperial?

AFAIK - no.

You should complete quest on any your 50 toon (and get free HK51 for this one character) and it unlocks possibility to buy HK51 companion for any other your legacy character for 1 mio. But there are two seperate types of HK51 companion - for Republic and for Empire. If you buy Empire HK51 for Republic char - you can't use it.

AFAIK - no.

You should complete quest on any your 50 toon (and get free HK51 for this one character) and it unlocks possibility to buy HK51 companion for any other your legacy character for 1 mio. But there are two seperate types of HK51 companion - for Republic and for Empire. If you buy Empire HK51 for Republic char - you can't use it.

interesting. i don't think i would have thought to check for the correct faction. thanks for the info.

AFAIK - no.

Very interesting sir. Thank you.

I have seen the Republic/ Imperial unlock on both factions toons, would be a major ****** if you spent a million creds to unlock the wrong one. Can anyone confirm this to be correct?

Very interesting sir. Thank you.

I have seen the Republic/ Imperial unlock on both factions toons, would be a major ****** if you spent a million creds to unlock the wrong one. Can anyone confirm this to be correct?

Thay seem to have fixed it so that opposite faction remains locked, so you can't accidentally unlock the imperial side while logged onto your smuggler, or republic side with you sorcerer.

Thay seem to have fixed it so that opposite faction remains locked, so you can't accidentally unlock the imperial side while logged onto your smuggler, or republic side with you sorcerer.

No they did not. I just unlocked it for an Imperial character on my Republican character. And wasted 350 cartel coins.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

All of his gear will appear broken, and you'll have a flashing red icon on his portrait until you replace everything with level appropriate gear.

It costs a million credits per character, or about 750 cartel coins. (I don't recall the exact amount, sorry)

They fixed it, the gear isn't usable by HK until 50, which means it really doesnt do anything, second, its 350 cartel coins, third I just got him for my level 1 Warrior, and it doesnt flash.

• 3 weeks later...

Uh, so I haven't managed to find anything that gives me a definitive answer yet...

I'm about to unlock HK-51 on my 55 Sentinel, yet I see the really awesome potential in getting him on my Sorcerer, too.. Can I unlock HK-51 on my Sorcerer just by having him on my Sentinel, or do I have to do the whole quest again on my Sorcerer once he's level 50, to be able to unlock him for my other Imperial characters?

You only need to do the quest once. You can do it on every character if you want to save money, but you don't need to. You will be able to unlock him on all your characters, regardless of whether they are of the same faction as the character that did the quest.

I have HK on almost all my characters, Republic and Empire. But I have only done the quest on one character*, my Sith Assassin.

*Though that one character has been through the quest as a tag-along multiple times, to help friends and guildmates out.

Edited by PLynkes