It's Been A While Since We Had New Appearance Customization Options

Ylliarus

I think it is high time for new appearance customization options, because it's been ages since we got the last bundle. While Humans and Cyborgs have quite a lot of slider options to choose from, there are still races that have a woefully lacking amount of appearance options to choose from. The most glaring of these are in my opinion the Twi'lek facial designs.

While Twi'lek female characters have a slightly bigger variety in facial designs, for the male Twi'lek this is absolutely not the case. You have 3 ethnicities and there is barely any difference between the facial designs in each ethnicity group. In this case, I'd say: port over the Human faces to the Twi'lek as well. Every other species except the Cathar have access to the Human faces, so I'd say let the Twi'lek have them as well. While entirely new facial designs would be epic (including for all the other species), it is understandable that there are budget and time constraints, so a port would suffice.

But I also think we should have a lot more appearance customization options in general. Throw in a pack with exotic skin colours for humans, like green, pink, pale white, blue etc etc, so we can finally toy around with near-human species like the Zeltron or the Pantorans. Add new skin colours to the other species, like purple for the Twi'lek. Extend the yellow Sith eye colour to other species as well, new hair colours, hair styles, I can go on and on, but it all comes down to one single point:

Please give us new appearance customization options!

I think it is high time for new appearance customization options, because it's been ages since we got the last bundle. While Humans and Cyborgs have quite a lot of slider options to choose from, there are still races that have a woefully lacking amount of appearance options to choose from. The most glaring of these are in my opinion the Twi'lek facial designs.

While Twi'lek female characters have a slightly bigger variety in facial designs, for the male Twi'lek this is absolutely not the case. You have 3 ethnicities and there is barely any difference between the facial designs in each ethnicity group. In this case, I'd say: port over the Human faces to the Twi'lek as well. Every other species except the Cathar have access to the Human faces, so I'd say let the Twi'lek have them as well. While entirely new facial designs would be epic (including for all the other species), it is understandable that there are budget and time constraints, so a port would suffice.

But I also think we should have a lot more appearance customization options in general. Throw in a pack with exotic skin colours for humans, like green, pink, pale white, blue etc etc, so we can finally toy around with near-human species like the Zeltron or the Pantorans. Add new skin colours to the other species, like purple for the Twi'lek. Extend the yellow Sith eye colour to other species as well, new hair colours, hair styles, I can go on and on, but it all comes down to one single point:

More customization is always better

You know what I would really appreciate?

New face morphs for cathar so they look more meowish. I'm not entirely sure if this is the case, but I have the impression that the face models available are the same for other species. Cathar stand out quite a bit here because the NPC cathar in the game have faces that are modeled specifically for their species. I don't know how hard this is to add to the game though; it's obviously different from just making new textures for implants, makeup or kitty stripes, but I just feel like cathar are a bit limited in this regard.

The devs are currently devoting all resources to making the conquest system garbage again.

Probably cheaper to hire a few easy-to-prey-upon "passionate" game dev programmers to tweak existing systems on contract for an expansion than to pay for artists to make new assets.

Female Twi'lek also have only 3 actually different faces to choose from.

I'd like more options for Zabrak too at least a few more tatoos, skin tones and horns

There is a real need to do some BETTER companion facial and hair customization options as well. And I mean some that players would ACTUALLY use !! We already have enough of the bazaar stuff... complete with scared faces.

Right now the truth is (to quote Han Solo ... )

Edited by OlBuzzard

Female Twi'lek also have only 3 actually different faces to choose from.

I'd like more options for Zabrak too at least a few more tatoos, skin tones and horns

Sith only have 1! They just get choices in facial tentacles and jewelry.

Sith only have 1! They just get choices in facial tentacles and jewelry.

True though, there isn't really any diversity in their facial designs except where the tendrils or bone spurs are. I understand that at the launch of the game these options were sufficient, but it's been so many years already... I believe all the playable species need a serious boost in new facial designs.

Because of how shells are going to work in 6.0, everyone will be stuck using really bad looking weapons instead of ones earned previously or bought through the cartel market.

They really need to focus on adding weapons to the appearance tab, so much so that any other additions to appearance needs to take a back seat until that's finished.

Agreed - I've been thinking about this too. I'd like to see new face options, not just add-ons like hair, tattoos, etc. Edit to clarify: we DO need Head, complexion, cosmetic/tattoo, and accessory/jewelry options.

Other options: I'd like hair options that would work in the head slot to add hair appearance under hoods. How about other hair options that work in the head slot that would remove the hood on cosmetic gear and provide an easy way to change hair appearance.

For weapon appearance, why do we need a cosmetic slot when you could merge stats to the weapon of your choice? Just adding a weapon modification station ability to swap stats from one weapon to another. Put a weapon with desired stats into slot A, weapon with desired appearance into slot B, click and voila!

I'm sure I'll be back with more ideas.

Thanks for posting this Ylliarus :rak_03:

Edited by Neuroetry
to clarify a point

All my +1's to this especially around Twi'leks who desperately need some customization love. I remember back when Togruta's were released and loving all the skin color options that we were given and thinking at the time similar colors would soon be available for the Twi'leks to, didn't happen though.

I also think we should have a lot more appearance customization options in general. Throw in a pack with exotic skin colours for humans, like green, pink, pale white, blue etc etc, so we can finally toy around with near-human species like the Zeltron or the Pantorans. Add new skin colours to the other species, like purple for the Twi'lek. Extend the yellow Sith eye colour to other species as well, new hair colours, hair styles, I can go on and on, but it all comes down to one single point:

No. We dont need it.

I'm pretty sure Sith players are perfectly ok with having one face per gender, just as much as Twi'lek players are ok with having no clean complexions. Not to mention Zabrak players - nobody plays Zabrak anyway.

What we really need is another useless mount for 1500 CC that looks like it was designed by someone both mentally handicapped and blind, 100500 "new" armor sets for 2500 CC that 5 yo son of Keith or 7 yo daughter of Eric created while sitting in a restroom, and of course we need assault cannon that looks so lewd i wouldn't recommend show it to children.

I bet our dear devs will agree with me on that.

No. We dont need it.

I'm pretty sure Sith players are perfectly ok with having one face per gender, just as much as Twi'lek players are ok with having no clean complexions. Not to mention Zabrak players - nobody plays Zabrak anyway.

What we really need is another useless mount for 1500 CC that looks like it was designed by someone both mentally handicapped and blind, 100500 "new" armor sets for 2500 CC that 5 yo son of Keith or 7 yo daughter of Eric created while sitting in a restroom, and of course we need assault cannon that looks so lewd i wouldn't recommend show it to children.

I bet our dear devs will agree with me on that.

For a moment there I was concerned, but I see what you did there ;)

It's true though, there are no clean complexions for the Twi'lek. Like, I get that they're frequently regarded as the slave species, but you'd think that a Twi'lek that becomes a Jedi or Sith would clean up a bit.

For a moment there I was concerned, but I see what you did there ;)

It's true though, there are no clean complexions for the Twi'lek. Like, I get that they're frequently regarded as the slave species, but you'd think that a Twi'lek that becomes a Jedi or Sith would clean up a bit.

Hm, isn't the last one, the one with no eyebrows pretty clean ? That's the one i always use while creating a Twil'ek because i find the eyebrows with no hair disturbing.

Edited by Goreshaga

• 2 weeks later...
Because of how shells are going to work in 6.0, everyone will be stuck using really bad looking weapons instead of ones earned previously or bought through the cartel market.

They really need to focus on adding weapons to the appearance tab, so much so that any other additions to appearance needs to take a back seat until that's finished.

The shells changes impact the armor set not the weapons, the only thing that might change your weapon are the amplifiers on each mod/armoring/enhancement, so yeah you can still use any modabble weapon like you use to, at least its like that in the PTS.

If you are talking about the fact than the PTS vendor had at some point only non-modabbles weapons to sell, its fixed now.

I agree a vanity weapon slot would be great !

Edited by jambalayabungee

If I recall on a livestream before Onslaught's announcement they talked about some customization options for aliens and I think Twi'leks were mentioned. They stated they did run into problems but we should expect them sometime or another. So I imagine once the craziness of Onslaught's launch dies off we should see them sort of whatever the issue was and provide twi'lek players some much needed love.

Sorry, late to this party.

Cyborgs lack face variety compared to humans. See below.

Every other species except the Cathar have access to the Human faces,

Not true. Cyborgs have four tiny variations each of three human faces per sex, and Pureblood Sith have basically one "core" face per sex with assorted pobble variations.